Need Advice for joining a BJJ school

FLMike, where in PSL is the ATT school? I might be working in Ft. Pierce for a couple of months starting in July.
It's off Lake Whitney Place which is off Peacock Blvd which is right next to the 95 exit on St. Lucie West Blvd. It's really easy to find.

It's in a group of warehouses. We actually share space with a gymnastics studio, but it's straight. We got a ring, cage, and the mats are big enough for the various classes.

I know better then to say that.

Gonna go read that link.

I appreciate all the advice. I am looking forward to joining. I absolutely cant wait.

Im a student in everything I do. I love to soak up knowledge and I love watching as well as participating just to get as much understanding as possible on how things are set up, executed. Its going to be great.

6497 East Brainerd Road. Blalock's IMB

The instructor Chet Blalock is a world-class kickboxer, 6th degree black belt under the Great Joe Lewis, fully certified muay thai instructor, and a black belt in BJJ under Allan Goes among other things. If you're interested in MMA, learning every aspect of combat, and reality based training it's definitely the place to be in Chattanooga.

We're having Richard Bustillo for a seminar August 31st.

Come by, check it out, see how you like it. Look forward to seeing you.

Pretty much what everyone else said. Training a lot is important. I'm no black belt, only been training 2 years or so but that's how i notice new guys, and more importantly that's how you improve. Respect your instructor, drill right, and don't be that guy.

That guy cranks on kimuras with other new guys, and constantly injures team mates with accidental elbows, headbutts, etc.

Most importantly, be humble. Walk into the gym as if you know nothing, because if it's a good school, you do know nothing compared to the higher ranks. I've been at it 2 years and i still know nothing haha.

Good luck man.

The reason I mention it is I was at a Rigan Machado seminar and my partner was a Plantation cop. He was showing us triangles from the mount and this cop swings his leg in behind my head and I get a eye full of nuts and taint on my lips (thank god I had my mouth closed). I bridged really quick and since he was so high up on me and basing on my face he came off real easy. Rigan Machado only saw me bridge him off so he comes over and says "you did something wrong, let me see you try the triangle again from the mount" I tell Rigan "no, it's alright I know what he did wrong, we don't need to do it again" Rigan had a puzzled look on his face and said alright and walked away.

I think BJJ may not be the correct sport for you...

Back