NCAA Wrestling

A
And the small Daghestan dominates usa...
mainly due to not having our absolute best athletes do wrestling and too much focusing on little kids wrestling…

we still produce our own medalists. Coming from a different style. Could our development system be improved? Yes… but we’re still producing medalists.

if your Cuban transfer didn’t train and live in the US I would be more kind.

Pretty cool to see these greco-roman-like parterre throws making their way into freestyle, but this is essentially a crotch-lift with more altitude and amplitude.

Sadulaev suffered his first loss since 2017 today.

Although, he didn't wrestle; instead: pulled out - first competition this year; really close to the Olympics, I can see why he did it. Disappointing though.

Sadulaev suffered his first loss since 2017 today.

Although, he didn't wrestle; instead: pulled out - first competition this year; really close to the Olympics, I can see why he did it. Disappointing though.
Not really a “loss” then.

My predictions : only 1 gold medal for USA at Olympic games in freestyle and greco :D
Did you hear about the American wrestler who found out he was eligible to wrestle for Italy if he wanted. Went to Italian junior nationals on a whim.. and made the Italian Junior team… he was the backup on his college team. At “best” 5th on the US junior ladder…. And wrecked house in Italy..

American wrestling has its issues. But they’re big boy wrestling issues. With our own wrestlers. Unlike in Italy. our best wrestlers were developed and train in our own country. None of our top athletes are Cubans who married into citizenship and they all train at home.

Maybe you should focus on improving your coaching and your county’s wrestling in general. That way you can have homegrown medalists.. and not get your local talent embarrassed by mid tier US athletes.

oh and no excuses about size or whatever. Like you said. Tiny Dagestan does amazing in wrestling. No excuses for you

Maenza and Minguzzi for example.
In a country where freestyle and greco are small business. In Italy there is only soccer...

But this time the big USA where you can see hundreds of wrestling programs in colleges and high schools... 1 medal my friend.

My predictions : only 1 gold medal for USA at Olympic games in freestyle and greco :D
Who? I think Taylor, Dake and maybe Stevenson have good chances for gold. Taylor has the best chance imo, I haven't seen Dake against the very best at 74kg (like Chamizo (at 74 - not 79); he only beat Burroughs when he was faded; and Sidakov). I have no doubt that Dake will get a medal though.

Back