NCAA Wrestling

I guess Downey is going to Worlds

No chance of USA winning worlds this year. Why didn’t Bo go down? Taylor had to have known before this. Both Ringer and Bo could medal at 86 imo. And if not, they’d do a hell of a lot better than Downey. Massive fuck up on someone’s end.

No chance of USA winning worlds this year. Why didn’t Bo go down? Taylor had to have known before this. Both Ringer and Bo could medal at 86 imo. And if not, they’d do a hell of a lot better than Downey. Massive fuck up on someone’s end.
You still have the best shot at possibly 74 (go Sidakov!), 79; and at the very least, a silver at 97. Cox has a good chance at 92, too. You should get a medal at 65 with Yianni, and probably some medal at 86.

He probably thought he could go

Do remember when JB had ankle surgery like a month before Worlds and still competed and won?

Taylor was actually the alternative rep that year and thought he was going

You still have the best shot at possibly 74 (go Sidakov!), 79; and at the very least, a silver at 97. Cox has a good chance at 92, too. You should get a medal at 65 with Yianni, and probably some medal at 86.

Rumors are swirling that Dake is hurt too but Ringer has placed twice at Yargin so I'm pretty confident in him medaling if he made the team.

I'd be shocked if Downey medals at 86.

I expect Cox to repeat at 92

Do remember when JB had ankle surgery like a month before Worlds and still competed and won?

I guess. It’s just frustrating and bad timing/luck. I mean what changed between now and the week after? The diagnosis was certainly in. And he can delay the wrestle off up until September if he really wants. So he decides now that 4 months of recovery won’t be enough, but he didn’t know that when the initial diagnosis came in?

I guess. It’s just frustrating and bad timing/luck. I mean what changed between now and the week after? The diagnosis was certainly in. And he can delay the wrestle off up until September if he really wants. So he decides now that 4 months of recovery won’t be enough, but he didn’t know that when the initial diagnosis came in?

Can he delay the wrestle off? I didn't know that was a thing

It's also possible he had a setback.

Can he delay the wrestle off? I didn't know that was a thing

It's also possible he had a setback.

Yeah, as late as departure for camp, which would be in September. Guess it still wouldn’t have been enough time.

“Below are the official procedures from USA Wrestling, which are basically identical across all three styles:

V. Delays or Replacement Due to Injury or Illness

a. Only a 2018 Senior world medalist who earned an automatic berth into Final X may request a medical delay for competing in the Final Wrestle-Off for medical reasons.

i. Wrestle-offs must occur before the departure for the 2019 World Team Acclimation Camp.

b. This request must be submitted to USA Wrestling at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled weigh-in time (no request for delay will be allowed, or granted, with less than 48 hours before weigh-in).”

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/6480126-whats-next-for-david-taylor

Burroughs beat Dake at the trials that year. Are u sure if was Taylor as the would be replacement?

Why do people act like murphey's law automatically means someone fucked up...

With the surrounding circumstances it seemed like the most parsimonious explanation.
I think the most parsimonious explanation is Murphy’s law is a part of coaching and wrestling. Taylor should not be getting in scrambles when he doesn’t need to

I think the most parsimonious explanation is Murphy’s law is a part of coaching and wrestling. Taylor should not be getting in scrambles when he doesn’t need to

You seemed to be really hooked on this Murphy’s law thing (terribly misleading name btw).

Anyways, I’m not talking about the injury itself. I’m talking about the timing of information and decision making. Either way it’s unimportant now. Downey is our guy.

You seemed to be really hooked on this Murphy’s law thing (terribly misleading name btw).

Anyways, I’m not talking about the injury itself. I’m talking about the timing of information and decision making. Either way it’s unimportant now. Downey is our guy.
Shit happens sound better? Lol

And the combination of not being sure if Taylor could go, and for Nickal or Ringer to change weights would massively change their own schedules, nutrition and in Nickals case.. internal politics of PSU.

And I’m not being a dick, a lot of people don’t realize how little power Zadick and USAW have since the RTC system started

Call me crazy but I see Downey doing well in the current 86 kilo landscape. He's well versed in freestyle, has some big international wins including junior world silver in a stacked division and a Schultz gold, and he seems to have hit his stride and gained confidence. I like his upper body game a lot too. He's obviously no Taylor but he's a pretty damn good wrestler.

Call me crazy but I see Downey doing well in the current 86 kilo landscape. He's well versed in freestyle, has some big international wins including junior world silver in a stacked division and a Schultz gold, and he seems to have hit his stride and gained confidence. I like his upper body game a lot too. He's obviously no Taylor but he's a pretty damn good wrestler.

How do you see him doing against Yazdani Charati?

How do you see him doing against Yazdani Charati?
I just rewatched a few of Downey's recent bigger wins, and there is reason to believe he gets teched by Yazdani Charati. Myles Martin was able to get to Downey's legs quite a bit and was also able to fend off most of his underhook and handfighting game, but Yaz wrestles more like Downey himself than he does a traditional leg attacker like Martin.

So yeah he likely loses convincingly to Yazdani but Downey in shape and at his best is a threat to medal. Im saying it. His gutwrench is awesome, he wrestles upperbody as good as anyone on Team USA and Yazdani's confidence might be a tad shaken by Taylor. We will see.

We know taylor is out of Final X but is there no way he can wrestle at worlds?

I just rewatched a few of Downey's recent bigger wins, and there is reason to believe he gets teched by Yazdani Charati. Myles Martin was able to get to Downey's legs quite a bit and was also able to fend off most of his underhook and handfighting game, but Yaz wrestles more like Downey himself than he does a traditional leg attacker like Martin.

So yeah he likely loses convincingly to Yazdani but Downey in shape and at his best is a threat to medal. Im saying it. His gutwrench is awesome, he wrestles upperbody as good as anyone on Team USA and Yazdani's confidence might be a tad shaken by Taylor. We will see.

We know taylor is out of Final X but is there no way he can wrestle at worlds?

Yazdani's underhook is as good as it gets and he should control and tech PD3 but if someone can hold him off and push him they may be able to surprise him as Yaz has shown conditioning issues at times.

Back