• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NCAA Wrestling

How good do you guys think Joseph will be at FS on the Senior level?

Pretty well

He caught my eye the summer going into his Freshman year when he beat Anthony Valencia at Jr WTTs.

At that time Valencis was really hyped and I didn't know really know much about Joseph. And Valencia is supposed to be much better at Free than Folk.

Whats the best wrestling forums online? Dont list this one lmao

My picks for the pool

1 seed: Bo Nickal (197)
2 seed: Stevan Micic (133)
3 seed: Zahid Valencia (174)
4 seed: Ronnie Bresser (125)
5 seed: Jaydin Eierman (141)
6 seed: Logan Massa (165)
7 seed: Nick Reenan (184)
8 seed: Demetrious Thomas (HWT)
9 seed: Justin Oliver (149)
10 ssed: Steve Bleise (157)

My picks for the pool

1 seed: Bo Nickal (197)
2 seed: Stevan Micic (133)
3 seed: Zahid Valencia (174)
4 seed: Ronnie Bresser (125)
5 seed: Jaydin Eierman (141)
6 seed: Logan Massa (165)
7 seed: Nick Reenan (184)
8 seed: Demetrious Thomas (HWT)
9 seed: Justin Oliver (149)
10 ssed: Steve Bleise (157)

Let’s have everyone dm me the picks so their is some surprise to it. I’ll put a google doc together and share it after finals.

Whats the best wrestling forums online? Dont list this one lmao
The mat forums are probably the best but pretty much every thread eventually devolves into a psu vs not psu argument. Occasionally there is decent information to be had but rarely decent discussion. For actual discussion you’re better off finding the forums for individual programs.

Let’s have everyone dm me the picks so their is some surprise to it. I’ll put a google doc together and share it after finals.

Are you guys only making picks for the first 10 seeds?

The way we did it last year was you picked one of each seed. So you can take 1 one seed, 1 2 seed, 1 3 seed, etc. So you want to find the person at each seed that you think will score the most points. At the end of the tourny Ill put all the points into a google sheet and calculate the winner.

That's fine, but since my picks are up I'm just gonna leave them up and NOT send you a DM

The way we did it last year was you picked one of each seed. So you can take 1 one seed, 1 2 seed, 1 3 seed, etc. So you want to find the person at each seed that you think will score the most points. At the end of the tourny Ill put all the points into a google sheet and calculate the winner.

Got it, thanks!

Also, to clarify, you can only pick one person per weight and each seed one time. So your team might look like this:
125:RIvera (1st seed)
133: Micic (2nd seed)
141: Lee (3rd seed)
149: Mauller (4th seed)
157: HIdlay (5th seed)
165: Massa (6th seed)
174: Smith (7th seed)
184: Preicsh (8th seed)
197: Honis (9th seed)
HWY: Hemida (10th seed)

Also, to clarify, you can only pick one person per weight and each seed one time. So your team might look like this:
125:RIvera (1st seed)
133: Micic (2nd seed)
141: Lee (3rd seed)
149: Mauller (4th seed)
157: HIdlay (5th seed)
165: Massa (6th seed)
174: Smith (7th seed)
184: Preicsh (8th seed)
197: Honis (9th seed)
HWY: Hemida (10th seed)

Does it have to be seeds 1 thru 10 or is it any seed but you can't repeat seeds?

you cant repeat for sure. After last year I said we would do any seed next (this) year but some of the seeds are so insane I think we should stick to 1-10. I mean, a 2x AA is the 32 seed in a one bracket.

Im open to ideas though.

picc over vito
fix over suriano
yanni over mckenna
ashnault over jordan
nolf over berger
bull over cenzo
valencia over hall (for some reason I have a weird feeling Hall gets upset)
Martin over Zavatsky
Bo over Miklus
Gable over white

Back