NCAA Wrestling

The Flo guys were speculating on FRL that Cael could throw Jack Davis out tonight against Micic assuming RBY isn't healthy. That is 100% not happening.

I also have on good authority that Teasdale transferring is a combo of weight issues (can't make 125 or beat RBY for 133) and "personal problems." He was missing a lot of time the first semester. It was either a home issue or he pissed hot and was suspended.

Watching the MN/PSU dual meet and the announcers are saying that Anthony Cassar is planning on going into MMA right after college.

The Flo guys were speculating on FRL that Cael could throw Jack Davis out tonight against Micic assuming RBY isn't healthy. That is 100% not happening.

I also have on good authority that Teasdale transferring is a combo of weight issues (can't make 125 or beat RBY for 133) and "personal problems." He was missing a lot of time the first semester. It was either a home issue or he pissed hot and was suspended.

PEDs or recreational drugs?

Ashnaullt absolutely beat the shit out of Kolozdik.

Gor vs. Sidakov

Sidakov is a scrapper. He wrestles hard, puts intensity into every move, and is always on the go. Good as he is though, I think he will take some losses between now and Tokyo. 2018 was his 1st senior world team and he wins gold. Crazy as this may sound considering he is Russian and has a strong resume otherwise, I think people kinda slept on him at worlds. I felt Burroughs could've easily won that match but turned in a head scratching performance.

Sidakov is a scrapper. He wrestles hard, puts intensity into every move, and is always on the go. Good as he is though, I think he will take some losses between now and Tokyo. 2018 was his 1st senior world team and he wins gold. Crazy as this may sound considering he is Russian and has a strong resume otherwise, I think people kinda slept on him at worlds. I felt Burroughs could've easily won that match but turned in a head scratching performance.

Burroughs frustrates me because when he commits to a shot, he almost always gets the takedown. He's so explosive and powerful that it's almost impossible to stop. But he seems to be content to shoot 1-3 times a match and let matches be closer than they should be. It bit him in the ass against Sidakov. He should have never lost that match.

Burroughs frustrates me because when he commits to a shot, he almost always gets the takedown. He's so explosive and powerful that it's almost impossible to stop. But he seems to be content to shoot 1-3 times a match and let matches be closer than they should be. It bit him in the ass against Sidakov. He should have never lost that match.
I guess its age catching up to him. But I agree, even in his current state Jordan should have won that match. I thought it was clear that he had the ability to do more than he did. Looking ahead I think its gonna be Sidakov or Tsabalov again repping Russia at worlds. Maybe Kurbanaliev if he commits to 74 kilos. Out of those 3 I'd think Jordan has the best shot against Kurbanaliev, Tsabalov, and Sidakov in that order. But the weight is pretty stacked with a few really good Turks, Chamizo, the Georgian, etc. I hope JB can take another gold.

I guess its age catching up to him. But I agree, even in his current state Jordan should have won that match. I thought it was clear that he had the ability to do more than he did. Looking ahead I think its gonna be Sidakov or Tsabalov again repping Russia at worlds. Maybe Kurbanaliev if he commits to 74 kilos. Out of those 3 I'd think Jordan has the best shot against Kurbanaliev, Tsabalov, and Sidakov in that order. But the weight is pretty stacked with a few really good Turks, Chamizo, the Georgian, etc. I hope JB can take another gold.

Don't forget about Dake

You think he's coming back down for 19?
I don't think he's said so yet but I doubt he goes back to 86 again for Tokyo. He was just so damn good at 79 and I think 1 season is enough to get acclimated to 74 again.

I ask this here so I don't have to create a new thread.
Is there any wrestler of great success known for his use of "basic" wresting, like Roger Gracie is known in Jiu Jitsu? What I mean by this is a wrestler that use the so common called "basic" or "fundamental" moves, not so much flashy moves or techniques that require much athleticism/physical attributes

You think he's coming back down for 19?

I think he'll want to get down and have a full year under his belt before the 2020 Olys.

I ask this here so I don't have to create a new thread.
Is there any wrestler of great success known for his use of "basic" wresting, like Roger Gracie is known in Jiu Jitsu? What I mean by this is a wrestler that use the so common called "basic" or "fundamental" moves, not so much flashy moves or techniques that require much athleticism/physical attributes

John Smith, Jordan Burroughs, Cael Sanderson, basically every Russian out there...most great wrestlers are pretty bread and butter. They don't award style points.

Back