NBA Thread V4!!: Coronavirus locks down KD and Company

Was this thread great?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad he managed to take some time off from crying about his hotel room lol
Tbh only plebs would think that a room like that would be suitable to stay in for the next 2+ months

But I guess this is what you get when the nba chose a shithole like Orlando to host this.
Both sides probably liked the idea; I assume players won't be paying state income tax with it being in Florigoat

There was a big thread on RealGM about Ronda going full Karen over the rooms. He seems to be in the loud minority of players who take offense to the accommodations lol

Both sides probably liked the idea; I assume players won't be paying state income tax with it being in Florigoat

There was a big thread on RealGM about Ronda going full Karen over the rooms. He seems to be in the loud minority of players who take offense to the accommodations lol
The taxes will depend on if they can claim residence in Florida. Otherwise the state where they make their home will want to tax it.

The taxes will depend on if they can claim residence in Florida. Otherwise the state where they make their home will want to tax it.
So a player with a home state of California would have to pay California taxes on income earned in Florida? Lol that sucks

What about players with home state of Florida playing road games in California?

So a player with a home state of California would have to pay California taxes on income earned in Florida? Lol that sucks

What about players with home state of Florida playing road games in California?
California tries to tax everything. But theyll give you a credit for paying taxes to other states. With Florida being a no tax state they will want you to be able to show proof of residency. Not sure staying in a hotel will provide that tbh

Nba players are W2 employees. Most likely they would get their wages allocated on the W2 to CA for the games played here. They would file a non resident CA return showing the income earned here.

California tries to tax everything. But theyll give you a credit for paying taxes to other states. With Florida being a no tax state they will want you to be able to show proof of residency. Not sure staying in a hotel will provide that tbh

Nba players are W2 employees. Most likely they would get their wages allocated on the W2 to CA for the games played here.
Aye just looked up "jock tax"

Apparently a player from Florida would have to pay out-of-state jock taxes for road games. Doesn't seem very reciprocal since Florida doesn't impose a jock tax on out-of-state players (so those players' home states are free to tax them without crediting for Florida taxes)

Aye just looked up "jock tax"

Apparently a player from Florida would have to pay out-of-state jock taxes for road games. Doesn't seem very reciprocal since Florida doesn't impose a jock tax on out-of-state players (so those players' home states are free to tax them without crediting for Florida taxes)
This is why you’ll see a lot of athletes make their homes in Florida. That way at the very least a portion of all their earnings are taxed lower. Proof of residency would include having a home, car registration, kids in school, etc.

This is why you’ll see a lot of athletes make their homes in Florida. That way at the very least a portion of all their earnings are taxed lower. Proof of residency would include having a home, car registration, kids in school, etc.
All states should agree to drop jock taxes and just make up the difference by taxing the balls off Faps players. This is why we kneel

But I guess this is what you get when the nba chose a shithole like Orlando to host this.
Disney is still just waiting on another shitty Star Wars movie so they can "renovate" the hotel and hook up a lightsaber lamp and add on an extra $50 per night.

Nice to see MSESPN finally suspend Adrian Wojnarowski. I have no idea what could've been going through his mind when he sent that "Fuck You" email out. It's not a secret he's a puppet for the NBA but Senator Hawley asked a real legitimate question, which in turn shows the hypocrisy of the NBA. Using the "I have free speech" to criticize a Senator fighting to protect free speech, you can't make this stuff up.

Last edited:
Nice to see MSESPN finally suspend Adrian Wojnarowski. I have no idea what could've been going through his mind when he sent that "Fuck You" email out. It's not a secret he's a puppet for the NBA but Senator Hawley asked a real legitimate question, which in turn shows the hypocrisy of the NBA. Using the "I have free speech" to criticize a Senator fighting to protect free speech, you can't make this stuff up.
Meh. Woj should just leave espn for this uncalled for suspension

Lol reacting like a triggered teenage girl on twitter obviously isn't a good look for any major network that still wants to take itself reasonably seriously, so consequences were inevitable (especially given his white privilege). But I'm guessing it earned Woj some shiny virtue points within the woke hoops community, which might've very well been his intent in the first place

Lol reacting like a triggered teenage girl on twitter obviously isn't a good look for any major network that still wants to take itself reasonably seriously, so consequences were inevitable (especially given his white privilege). But I'm guessing it earned Woj virtue points within the woke hoops community, which might've very well been his intent in the first place
It was actually a private email.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back