• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Locked NBA Thread: Delusional Fan Championship Hopes/Copes Edition

Who wins the Ship?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
AD > Joker

for fucks sake this dude is locked in

What's crazy is there exists a timeline where AD played like this every game and is known as possibly the greatest basketball player of all time

Both teams are playing terribly, 1st half has been pretty sloppy with dashes of brilliance thrown in.

Both teams are playing terribly, 1st half has been pretty sloppy with dashes of brilliance thrown in.
You're only saying this cuz your warriors are getting bodied on the glass lmao

looney isn't playing vs a bitch ass white boy anymore

You're only saying this cuz your warriors are getting bodied on the glass lmao

looney isn't playing vs a bitch ass white boy anymore

Regardless, based on what I've seen so far, warriors are winning this series.

AD and LeBron are going to break down under the relentlessness of the GSW system..

Metrics are for nerds imo

Metrics look good when your entire gameplan is based around making a player look good. Remember when Sam Bradfords metrics were amazing for the Vikings?

You don't need complex metrics for Jokic dominance and his impact on teammates who miraculously see results above career averages when playing with him. Just basic team records when playing and basic stats are are clearly indicative, and it's not close. In just three to five years everyone is going to look back at this award not going to Jokic as a joke.

Of course there is a sea of advanced analytics out there, and one can cherry pick interesting individual results, but to dismiss them entirely based on that is beyond foolish, especially in cases where the vast majority of different models reach the same conclusion and reinforce each other and reinforce the basic stats.

As a bit of an aside, the book "Thinking Fast and Slow" is great for examining the reliability of "expert judgment" versus reliability of formulas. A great read.

Warriors are too small , Lefraud HGh is going to most likely own them

I always thought the Warriors had the highest payroll in the league, but it’s actually the Clippers.. dam cursed travesty franchise

You don't need complex metrics for Jokic dominance and his impact on teammates who miraculously see results above career averages when playing with him. Just basic team records when playing and basic stats are are clearly indicative, and it's not close. In just three to five years everyone is going to look back at this award not going to Jokic as a joke.

Of course there is a sea of advanced analytics out there, and one can cherry pick interesting individual results, but to dismiss them entirely based on that is beyond foolish, especially in cases where the vast majority of different models reach the same conclusion and reinforce each other and reinforce the basic stats.

As a bit of an aside, the book "Thinking Fast and Slow" is great for examining the reliability of "expert judgment" versus reliability of formulas. A great read.
I don't dismiss them, I just know there are things outside of the analytics that are influencing them. So I can't take them to the bank and cash em as an argument for Joker being MVP. They fucked over Harden and the analytics showed he's the GOAT

I don't dismiss them, I just know there are things outside of the analytics that are influencing them. So I can't take them to the bank and cash em as an argument for Joker being MVP. They fucked over Harden and the analytics showed he's the GOAT

I don't either. He's the MVP for obvious reasons, it's highly probable nobody but him is gonna touch that level of efficiency 70%+ efg and impact on teammates and team record. All that advanced analytics is icing on the cake on the already obvious.

Warios need to pass the ball around and cut to the hoop more. They deadly when they get both things going.

Harden is the GOAT?? <{outtahere}> …. Of all time?

now I KNOW you nothing but a troll

<GOT2>

lebron-james-lebron.gif

071c97001634e54b5ba7d293bcf909145e7ff5ec.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back