Media Dan Hooker calls out Charles Oliveira for UFC 305(Perth)

Question

Just a friendly Sherdogger.
@Black
Reaction score
I clipped the bit where he talks about it:

Daniel "The Hangman" Hooker, 23-12: "Everything's all clear, yeah I'm training, training hard and training at a hundred percent... I'm in camp and getting ready for Perth, I'm not sure I can really say anything.... There's nothing official, but obviously I'm a hundred percent in and the old Charlie Olives(Charles "Do Bronx" Oliveira, 34-10,1NC)... I think that's the fight the fans here over this side of the world would love to see, but yea let's see if he takes the cake and signs on the dotted line"

Last edited:
The fans would certainly like that. I wouldn’t give Hooker a big chance to win this, but given how reckless Do Bronx usually fights… There’s always a chance he gets caught with something. Being an underdog suits Hooker well.

Make it happen!

I think Gamrot is the way better and more interesting opponent

Dan Hooker at #11 is way too far down given how close Oliveira's fight with Tsarukyan was

Imo a win over Gamrot would be enough for Oliveira to deserve a title shot after Tsarukyan

Im down. Charles needs a tune up.
I was kinda iffy on it at first since it is a pretty big step down for Oli, but considering that he probably has the strongest recent strength of schedule at lightweight right now maybe it wouldn't be so bad for him to get something like this? IMO it is very winnable bout for him so there's that going for it and it'll get him back in the win column which is always a positive

I believe the commission there take quite a big chunk out of their purses however, so it is kind of not a great thing going for this.
Also I don't know how much beating Hooker would do for him in comparison to someone like Gamrot who's top five while Hooker is eleventh in the rankings... The risk/reward factor here might not be worth it in comparison to his other options

Last edited:
I think Gamrot is the way better and more interesting opponent

Dan Hooker at #11 is way too far down given how close Oliveira's fight with Tsarukyan was

Imo a win over Gamrot would be enough for Oliveira to deserve a title shot after Tsarukyan
I do agree Gamrot is the more intriguing matchup for sure and would bring him closer to another shot at the title.
I still favor Oli in that one, but I'd give Gamrot a much bigger chance at beating Oliveira compared to Hooker.

I dont think he is "Elite"

But how can you not appreciate this psycho?
The dude has pretty much fought anyone
other than the fight he was timid vs chandler, he is as game as anyone.

paired with the 0 quit in him. I think he has a chance vs chuck olives actually

I agree with that, there's a few guys over him that have better arguments
Gamrot or maybe even a Moicano type guy

I could see Oliveira being somewhat interested in the matchup though, just in that it's a good rebound fight to likely get him back in the win column & it's an opponent he'll have a significant grappling edge over compared to a fight vs Gamrot or Moicano.

On behalf of Australia I'd like to make it clear that Australian cards do not deserve Sir Chuckie Olives on our shitty watered down cards. Especially in the cashed up bogan capital of the world Perth.

Also screw Dan Hooker because he tried to drag Islam’s name through the mud by accusing him of using an IV with absolutely zero proof. Now anytime Islam fights he has idiots accusing him of cheating.

On behalf of Australia I'd like to make it clear that Australian cards do not deserve Sir Chuckie Olives on our shitty watered down cards. Especially in the cashed up bogan capital of the world Perth.
Shut up cunt, you don't speak for all of us. Perth is a shit hole but I want to see Charlie Olives punch on

Back