• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

***NBA Thread - All Hail Giannis***

Status
Not open for further replies.
lmao @ validating your beliefs in sports center

you're an enormous can @PUO3 we've found someone who's a worse poster than me
No that just shows you that even the mainstream garbage didn’t give a fuck about lefraud faker Hollywood ring.

And stfu canboozled go get banned again you Neanderthal looking goon.

No that just shows you that even the mainstream garbage didn’t give a fuck about lefraud faker Hollywood ring.

And stfu canboozled go get banned again you Neanderthal looking goon.

I am unironically one of the best looking posters on this site, don't project.

Crazy that Bronk has been traded 3 times in 3 years. Makes you wonder if the concept of “untradeable contracts” is even real lol

It’s not.

Contracts mean nothing unless the player is trying to flex.

If I were the coach I'd start Westbrook but then let him play with the 2nd unit while Lebron is resting. Westbrook can play with AD as well but like you said Westbrook isn't going to defer, it will be up to lebron to let Russell do his thing and play off him.

I'll hold my judgement until they fill out the roster, but it's 50/50 imo it will either work incredibly well and they will destroy or they will have terrible chemistry and self destruct.

I still think if the nets are healthy they will win.

I’m praying that Russell stays exactly who he is and we get to see him lose his shit on LeFlop when LeFlop does some hoe shit, as he does nearly every game.

Even in a fucking pair of riding boots and carrying a fucking handbag he’s 100x the man LeBron is.

lebron is probably going to evolve into a 3 point shooter, let westbrick penetrate and kick out
Perhaps AD can finally man up and play the 5. Then you'd just be replacing a non-shaater in Drumbo with a non-shaater in Bronk

So when players are tired of losing and want to get traded we have people complaining about title hunting or being disloyal. "Jordan would never do that" or "super teams are bad for the nba". But when they want to stay with their original team they're cucks and money hungry. lmao. Some people just complain regardless.

I've never complained about people wanting to win or change teams. In fact that gets me excited about the possibilities and what we'll see.

Beal is just frustrating. Dude is very talented but content to lose. Hell get his supermax then want a trade or will walk.

That attitude just annoys me and screams forgotten star, which he already is in Washington

They will in spurts during the regular season to lighten their load. They'll be a better regular season team. Post season? No idea. I don't think they'll be better. But the rest of the roster are all cap holds so a lot can happen.

They still will have the same problem in post season. Westbrook is only Westbrook if he's ball dominant. There is no in between with that guy. He isn't good off the ball and he can't catch and shoot. Its the story of his career. At any point when Lebron becomes ball dominant, and he will, Westbrook is automatically useless at that point. I honestly believe they've shot themselves in the foot on this one.

Lakers likely fucked up with Westbrook, here is why. Russell Westbrook is only Russell Westbrook when he is ball dominant. He's only a walking triple double when he's ball dominant. He's not a particularly good shooter, and he's not a catch and shoot guy, which is what the Lakers really needed. So unless Lebron and AD are going to defer to Westbrook and let him be ball dominant, then this is an automatic bust. I'm not sure what the Lakers were thinking.

Of course they'll let him be ball dominant. They picked up Dennis last year to alleviate the playmaking burden from LBJ and he sucked. RW is a massive upgrade over Schroeder (who barely shot better than Russ from three last year). They can now stagger LBJ and Russ so there's always a top notch assist man on the floor.

There's also chatter about AD accepting his role as the 5 and LBJ playing the 4. That's good shooting from deep out of those slots. So who they get to play the 2 and 3 will hopefully be guys who can hit at around a 40% clip. Maybe at the 2 is Caruso (who hit over 40% two of his four years in the league). He's also a guy who contributes primarily without the ball in his hands.

The Lakers were avoiding the hard cap and needed an upgrade at the point. They did that the best they could. Deals to get Lowry, Dinwidde or Ball would have hardcapped 'em. So they lost Trez (who can't shoot and was useless in the playoffs), Kuz (a subpar 3 point shooter who can't be counted on for anything consistent), a late draft choice (who wouldn't contribute to winning this year or next most likely), and KCP (who is actually a bona fide loss as a 3 and D guard).

They've got the 5.9 million exception, the ability to resign Caruso and THT for whatever it costs, and vet minimum deals after that. So imagine Melo, Ellington and Dwight taking minimums, and maybe someone like Rudy Gay for the exception. Not saying those will happen, but they're not out of the question. Lakers will be an attractive team for ring chasers this year and who knows what the buyout market will be. Bottom line is with healthy AD and LeBron the Lakers will be one of the title favorites.

They've also got rumours floating of melo and derozan for the mids or vet minimums....this is gonna be that malone lakers ride all over again.

Or dwert, nash and kobe

They've also got rumours floating of melo and derozan for the mids or vet minimums....this is gonna be that malone lakers ride all over again.

Or dwert, nash and kobe

Melo might be a go. DD is out now that there's no sign-n-trade for Kuz. He was thinkin' a paycut down to like 15 million would be acceptable. Best Lakers can do now is the 5.9 million exception, which he isn't biting on, let alone the vet minimum.

Perhaps AD can finally man up and play the 5. Then you'd just be replacing a non-shaater in Drumbo with a non-shaater in Bronk

Bran is their best 3pt shooter with KCP gone now lmfao

I’m pretty excited to see Luka Garza on my Pistons. The dude was a straight monster in college but no one is expecting him to do anything notable in the NBA. He probably flares out in a couple seasons but maybe he can be a Kaminsky 2.0. Either way no pressure being a 52nd pick.

Sounds like the cheat are going to S&T for Lowry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back