NBA Offseason Thread: Bronny's Legacy Edition

Its been permanent since before he got traded. .

I mean, at least he was playing some. I wouldn't be surprised at this point if he can't ever string together more than 5 or 10 games in a row. It was bad before but now it seems like its set to perma-bad.

Mavs looking sharper in their final preseason game. Kyrie with 14/2/2 at the half, dude still looks unstoppable at times.

Steve Balmer can’t catch a break, I guess he’ll have to keep just hitting the money button.

New stadium sounds fuckin insane.

People consider last year a failed season on Klay's part but he averaged 18/3/2 on 43/39/92 splits. That's only slightly under his career averages which are 20/4/2 on 45/41/85 splits. If he puts up anywhere near what he did last season he is better than anyone he was traded for. Declined Klay is an upgrade for the Mavs. Lets say Klay has the worst season of his career and only gives you 15/3/1 on 43/38/81 splits or some shit like that, its still better than what you would have got out of THJ or Josh Green.

Call me crazy but I might have taken someone like Josh Green over Klay.

Klay might have more deficits than he does positives.

• Not mobile, not the same threat running to the basket.
  • Below average defender these days.
  • Not durable.
  • Loses his cool very easily and spirals out under pressure these days (0/10 in an elimination game).

At least Josh Green can run up and down the court all game (the team can play faster with players like him).
JG is a well rounded player who's athletic, quick and durable (that's what we need) also he has room to grow and improve..

With Luka and Kyrie being the defensive liabilities they are, as a unit, Klay will make the team defence even worse, which is the last thing we need.

Constantly rotating players to plug holes isn't a winning formula.

But as youve said, we did get Klay cheap as chips, i''m just skeptical that he'll get us over the hill in the play offs.

Call me crazy but I might have taken someone like Josh Green over Klay.

Klay might have more deficits than he does positives.

• Not mobile, not the same threat running to the basket.
  • Below average defender these days.
  • Not durable.
  • Loses his cool very easily and spirals out under pressure these days (0/10 in an elimination game).

At least Josh Green can run up and down the court all game (the team can play faster with players like him).
JG is a well rounded player who's athletic, quick and durable (that's what we need) also he has room to grow and improve..

With Luka and Kyrie being the defensive liabilities they are, as a unit, Klay will make the team defence even worse, which is the last thing we need.

Constantly rotating players to plug holes isn't a winning formula.

But as youve said, we did get Klay cheap as chips, i''m just skeptical that he'll get us over the hill in the play offs.

I don't think its just Klay. The pick up of Naji Marshall and Quentin Grimes looks like it could be just as big as last years signing of PJ and Gaff at the deadline. Its the depth of the team that matters when you start thinking about winning Ships. A lot of teams have incredible starting 5's but they have no chance at a ring because their team has no depth. The Mavs are looking deep this season so I don't think there is all this pressure on Klay to be something he isn't. The guy is going to hit open looks all season because Luka is the most doubled player in basketball.

I don't think its just Klay. The pick up of Naji Marshall and Quentin Grimes looks like it could be just as big as last years signing of PJ and Gaff at the deadline. Its the depth of the team that matters when you start thinking about winning Ships. A lot of teams have incredible starting 5's but they have no chance at a ring because their team has no depth. The Mavs are looking deep this season so I don't think there is all this pressure on Klay to be something he isn't. The guy is going to hit open looks all season because Luka is the most doubled player in basketball.
Good point

WemBUST already sitting game, preseason games at his age. HOU put that pounding on PaPsmear and the SpUDS..

Back