• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NBA MVP this season?

True. It's a little tough though when you're getting triple teamed because the other team knows no one else on your team can score.
Yes, but even when he still had Durant, and further back when he still had Harden in addition to Durant, he was still bad in that regard because his instinct was to take hero ball shots instead of higher percentage shots for himself or his teammates. This was actually a key part in why Durant left, although Harden left because the team couldn't afford 3 superstars.

in reality it's Kawhi but they generally don't consider twoway contributions for MVP

it's gonna be Harden, i'd put money on it

I dunno why you can't just enjoy witnessing a historic season Revi. 32-11-10 will literally happen once in our lifetimes

Agreed. One of the all-time great single seasons in terms of numbers. Hasn't it only been done one or two other times ever?

Screenshot_2015-03-22_at_4.23.10_PM.png

Agreed. One of the all-time great single seasons in terms of numbers. Hasn't it only been done one or two other times ever?
big o did it in 1961-1962 but there was a giant difference in play style back then. there were far more possessions in each game which led to inflated stats. the same year, wilt averaged something like 55 points & 29 rebounds a game which is impressive but when you adjust the possessions per game, the stats are closer to 1999-2000 shaq. also, neither wilt nor oscar won MVP that year

big o did it in 1961-1962 but there was a giant difference in play style back then. there were far more possessions in each game which led to inflated stats. the same year, wilt averaged something like 55 points & 29 rebounds a game which is impressive but when you adjust the possessions per game, the stats are closer to 1999-2000 shaq. also, neither wilt nor oscar won MVP that year

So you don't agree that he is league MVP then? He's doing a lot of this without much of a supporting cast.

Jordan could have won MVP just about every year too, but didn't.

So you don't agree that he is league MVP then? He's doing a lot of this without much of a supporting cast.

Jordan could have won MVP just about every year too, but didn't.
yeah nah i love westbrat but he's not the most valuable player in the nba

Yes, but even when he still had Durant, and further back when he still had Harden in addition to Durant, he was still bad in that regard because his instinct was to take hero ball shots instead of higher percentage shots for himself or his teammates. This was actually a key part in why Durant left, although Harden left because the team couldn't afford 3 superstars.

Didn't OKC management decide that signing Ibaka was more important than Harden?

Not only averaging a triple double but also winning the scoring title is pretty unbelievable. Also, the NBA keeps stats for "clutch time," the final 5 minutes of a game with a 5 point or less score difference, and Westbrook is leading or at least top 5 in every meaningful category.

On top of that, he's leading the league in player efficiency rating by a significant margin.

The guy's a baller
Word.

i dont get how they can vote for anyone other than Westbrook, he is having the best year by a player by miles.

they won't vote for him because he's a stat padder on a weak team.

i dont get how they can vote for anyone other than Westbrook, he is having the best year by a player by miles.

Harden has better advanced statistics across the board, and his team has a much better record. The only thing Westbrook has on Harden is ~2 rebounds per game... and if you watch a Thunder game, Westbrook is literally stealing rebounds out of the hands of his forwards.

Lmao. Yes. They ended up having 3 mvp caliber players and couldn't win it all.
Not just MVP candidates, but three perennial MVP candidates; the kind of players who are among the lead vote-getters every year throughout their primes.

Fuck me, didn't they have all of that on the same team with Ibaka when he was a DPOY kind of player? And then the first year after Harden left they snagged Kevin Martin as one of the all-time great scorers who was spending his golden years specializing as a sharpshooter?

Scott Brooks really was probably the biggest underachiever in NBA history.

Back