nba lottery ( my breakdown)

You dont have to justify yourself to anyone claiming Parker is a better defender than Wiggins. Talking about Wiggins already a high level defender vs Parker a below average defender. Might be the only person on the planet who thinks Parker is a good defender let alone better than one of the elite defenders in the,draft.

Can you do projected 2nd rd picks? Where does Shabazz Napier fall?

ive been doing a good bit of research recently, but after the first round, my knowledge of euro prospects and under the radar guys falls fast and it wouldnt be worth your time to read my stuff. IM still continuing to study lesser known prospects that might get picked up second round.

As for napier, i defenitely think he goes first round. After the lotto that i posted above, i have payton, ennis, napier and dinwiddie as the next 4 pg's in that order with all having a shot at first round status. I currently have napier going 25th to houston and i wouldnt be surprised to see him climb above that.

Wiggins is surely a future all star. Parker and Embid I'm unsure about. I hope Exum lives up to the hype - he looks the goods.

Wiggins is a sure thing and Parker is the question mark?

The opposite is true. While Parker's d is not great, in this modern NBA that won't hold him back. His offensive game and with his decent size he will be scoring in the league for a long time. (NBA hype machine on scoring over D)

Wiggins's mental game is what makes him a not so certain thing. The guy floated a lot at Kansas and wasn't aggressive. Hoping he has it in him

Wiggins is a sure thing and Parker is the question mark?

The opposite is true. While Parker's d is not great, in this modern NBA that won't hold him back. His offensive game and with his decent size he will be scoring in the league for a long time. (NBA hype machine on scoring over D)

Wiggins's mental game is what makes him a not so certain thing. The guy floated a lot at Kansas and wasn't aggressive. Hoping he has it in him

I think wiggins suffered from the JC itis (jadavean clowney). He wanted to cost through the year and not get hurt and get his payday.

Remember the talks of adidas wanting to give him 100 million. Can you imagine that you have a company wanting to give you 100 million but first you have to survive a year of playing college ball.

It's possible. Sometimes he seemed aggressive and went after his shot, I think it will take time and a helpful coach and the right system. He has all the physical tools for sure.

well i obviously dont watch every game. My basis is on a few things. Articles i have read particularly from draft sites that do extensive research of these prospects and those sites agree parker is a defensive liability and wiggins was not. Secondly i routinely visit an basketball chat forum (not this one) that talks about all kinds of players strengths and weaknesses and from what ive read there, the people seem to agree he is a defensive liability while wiggins is not. And, just so you dont think im full nothing more then regurgitating others opinions, i have seen both guys numerous times throughout the year. In fact when ucla (my team) played duke at madison square garden this year, kyle "slo mo" anderson blew right by parker one on one a few times with no screen whatsover. Just crossed him and got all the way to the rim. In fact the other chat site i visit even created a thread about how parker couldnt stay in front of anderson just as i was watching it.

So how do you justify Wiggins having a worse defensive rating and defensive win shares despite playing more minutes, with better defenders, on a better defensive team? And quoting a bunch of draft experts and amateurs about how they project to the pros doesn't help your claim that Jabari was a bad defender by college standards. Jabari was a bad college defender while Wiggins being elite just doesn't show up anywhere but the "eye test".

As a freshmen, Wiggins' defensive metrics were behind Jeff Green, Corey Brewer, Harrison Barnes, Rudy Gay, Perry Jones III, Marvin Williams, Andre Iguodala, Kevin Durant, Tony Allen, and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist despite being one of the top minutes getter between them. Most of them also didn't have an elite rim protector behind them. That group doesn't include other top wing defenders who didn't play in big time conferences like Paul George and Kawhi Leonard.

Yes, Wiggy is fast, quick and long. He has all the tools to become a great defender, but there are plenty of those guys in the NBA who blow at defense. Wiggins is crap at fighting over screens and gambles on passes getting himself out of position. Wiggins is also crap at recovering once a guy gets a step on him, despite his speed. He also has terrible jumping technique in traffic and doesn't alter shots the way he should. These things a are all coachable (except the lack of effort on recovery), but the jury is still out on whether he does it.

Parker for all his shortcomings is big, strong and a good jumper on the defensive end. He doesn't move side-to-side well but he reacts quickly to the people around him; he goes to the right spot more often than not. His help defense is on a different stratosphere than Wiggins in college. Around the rim he alters shot better than Wiggins does, partially because of him defending the post the majority of the time but also because he makes himself bigger than Wiggins on those shots. He probably can't get much better than he is now unless he has a lot of untapped potential in his lateral movement.

I see a lot of mock drafts overlooking McGary. He could be the next Brad Miller.

A sleeper in this draft is Russ Smith. He's very undersized (5'11, 165 lb.), but his on-ball defense and driving ability could make him a valuable player in the league (especially if he manages to bulk up). He's had impressive workouts with the Clippers and Celtics.

I see a lot of mock drafts overlooking McGary. He could be the next Brad Miller.

I'm hoping the Raptors draft McGary. Is he still projected as a late first round? If a team gets him in the second that's a steal. Nik Stauskas is shooting up the draft boards scouts were impressed by his athleticism at the combine. He improved every part of his game last season, especially his ball handling and his passing.

Sports Illustrated's latest mock draft had Shabazz going to Miami in the first round since Mario Chalmers is going to be a free agent and the Heat need extra insurance at pg.

If Bazzketball goes to Miami, the Heat will ten-peat the NBA Championship even if Lebron leaves.

The thought of Ray Allen and Shabazz potentially being on the same team is mindblowing (if 3-point legend-god doesnt retire and Naughty by Napier gets drafted to Miami). There's like a 20 year discrepancy between the time they played at Connecticut.

115258-0-600.jpg

gallerygpg-vertical.jpg

I'm hoping the Raptors draft McGary. Is he still projected as a late first round? If a team gets him in the second that's a steal. Nik Stauskas is shooting up the draft boards scouts were impressed by his athleticism at the combine. He improved every part of his game last season, especially his ball handling and his passing.

A lot of people are writing him off because of his back surgery. He wasn't even going to enter the draft until he got busted for marijuana. It might actually work out in his favor if he gets passed over and a good team picks him up.

Back