Nazi German and US Soldiers fought together

As detestable as most believe the Nazis were, there is so much unspoken admiration for them. I don't mean the hooligans/skinheads, but the ordinary men (and I am sure they are 99% male). Men admire the order, domination/strength, and yes even the brutality. Stalin was even more of a monster, but he doesn't get the same admiration (or Hollywood/history channel attention) because the Soviets were poor. The Nazis made the Germans rich, at least for a time, and they were masterful with propaganda. Perhaps too masterful.

I admire German fighting ability, but not really any of that.

Anyways, I'll watch the movie when it gets made.

There were definitely soldiers including higher ranking officers who were disillusioned with old Adolf.

Tom Cruise tried to stop him but was unsuccessful.

valkyrie%2003.jpg

Or was he...

600px-Valkyrie_k98_02.jpg

th

That film's awesome. Branagh kills it

Agreed. A perfect illustration of the, "banality of evil". The entire cast brings their A game; Tucci is superb as Eichmann.

He died fairly early in the war(1942) so he's been kind of skimmed over in the history books. He doesn't get enough "credit" for being the mastermind of the Holocaust, it was basically his whole idea and not Himmler or Hitler's.

The Nazis used to joke that, "Himmler's brain is called Heydrich". Himmler would come up with an idea, then give to Heydrich to work out the details and implement. It was Heydrich who organised the SS and Gestapo death squads who carried out much of the killings during the Night of the Long Knives. One team killed their target in his office, then used the dead man's 'phone to call Heydrich and inform him they had carried out their mission.

Heydrich is as fascinating as he is repellent. The perfect Aryan Ubermensch: athlete - he competed in Fencing at a high level - classical musician, Spy Chief, Luftwaffe Fighter Pilot, Naval Officer...whatever this guy turned his hand to, he succeeded at. Including, unfortunately, mass murder.

Heydrich was shot down over Russia while flying a fighter jet. He escaped Soviet patrols and returned to his own lines on foot. After that, Hitler personally ordered him to return to Berlin, as he was too valuable to risk. He then sent him to Czechoslovakia, to crush any resistance there, which Heydrich did with his customary brutal efficiency.

The British Special Operations Executive trained a group of Czechs to assassinate Heydrich. They eventually succeeded, in a scene straight out of an action movie. They attacked Heydrich's car - the arrogant bastard always drove the same route to work - with a bomb, a grenade and Sten guns. They were shocked when Heydrich jumped out of the wrecked car and started running at them, firing a pistol. Thinking he was unharmed and they had failed, the SOE team fled the area. In fact, Heydrich had been wounded by shrapnel, and later died from his injuries.

When told of the news, Hitler was enraged and ordered that 10,000 Czechs be executed in retaliation. Senior Nazis eventually persuaded him that to do so would severely damage Czech industry, which supplied vital goods to Germany. Instead, the Nazis, "only" wiped out a town they believed(wrongly)one of the SOE team came from.

The SS surrounded the town and shot every adult male. The women and children were sent to concentration camps. Of around 2,000 men women and children, less than 200 survived. One small group of survivors were released at the end of the War and made their way on foot back to their village. They reached it just as dawn was breaking. All they found was an empty field. The Nazis had literally wiped it from the face of the earth.:eek:

Christoph Waltz looms.

I said right away that Waltz has to play one of the German roles, and if he's the Good German, I want Mads Mikkleson to play the SS officer.:icon_twis

Last edited:
im no history expert but his sounds like a load of shit, like real hollywood horse shit to generate buzz for a shitty movie

Don't get me started with the germans... i still don't thrust them and don't buy any of their product nor touch their women the only exception was toy for my nephew only because the father, my brother asked for german products...

They tried to wipe us all twice and they're taking the lion's part and all important decision here , one day they will try it once again they can't be thrusted it's in the blood.

im no history expert but his sounds like a load of shit, like real hollywood horse shit to generate buzz for a shitty movie

sometimes fact is stranger than fiction

Back