Nazi German and US Soldiers fought together

those Hugo Boss officer uniforms were uber boss

Pretty interesting.

There were a lot of German soldiers that were against Hitler. Unfortunately, a lot of the German soldiers still were forced to go to war even though they didn't believe in a thing that Hitler wanted to do.

I remember watching a documentary about when the British captured Nazi soldiers/high ranking officers (the documentary was called Bugging Hitler's Soldiers) and one of the higher ranked German officers or whatever was completely against Hitler and the entire 'Nazi' thing. He hated Hitler and there was another officer or whatever for the SS who he constantly argued with.

The guy who was against Hitler (I forget what he was a part of, he was in the German military well before Hitler came into power and if I remember correctly, he served in the first world war) would constantly argue with the SS officer about everything that was happening. He would talk about how Germany is forever going to be remembered for what Hitler has done, basically tainting Germany as a whole. And he was right.

I'm sure that if you simply just bring up Germany to a group of say, 10 people or so, a lot of their first thoughts are going to be about Nazi's, WWII, murdering the Jews, etc. It's kind of sad, a lot of people these days, if you bring up Germany, some of their first thoughts is "Oh, the Nazi's?" simply because they heard the word "Germany". It's kind of sad, honestly.

If you think about it, the German soldiers who were already in the military before Hitler became Chancellor, before the Nazi party was around, were kind of unlucky. It was like bad timing for them. Then when Hitler got into power and all the soldiers who had joined the military beforehand were, of course, forced to do something they didn't believe in. So of course, it's not surprising that many Germans actually did try to assassinate Hitler and many other high ranking officers in the SS, or the Gestapo.

There were soldiers that joined around the time Hitler came into power, of course, and a lot of them did believe in what Hitler was doing. But before Hitler came into power, a lot of the soldiers who were already in the military were completely against Hitler and I'm pretty sure a lot of them were killed because of it.

So back to the documentary I was talking about - that one German military sergeant or whatever, was against Hitler and against the Nazi party. So when you look back and think about Germany during WWII, remember that not all the German soldiers were bad people and that a lot of them were completely against what Hitler was doing.

Maybe somebody can help me out here, and I may be 100% wrong about this - but right around the time the SS came about, didn't they take over a certain branch of the German military or something? I forget.

Something like, this certain part of the German military was the highest power, and then the SS came around and took them out of power and took over. Something like that, hope that question makes sense. Again - I could be 100% wrong about this.

Shit, I should know way more about WWII because my grandfather was a history teacher for many, many years I remember him telling me all sorts of stuff about WWII many years ago.

I guess I should probably just ask him.

Anyway, it'd be much appreciated if somebody could help me out with this.

They totally should have shot the americans after receiving the weapons

Pretty interesting.

I'm sure that if you simply just bring up Germany to a group of say, 10 people or so, a lot of their first thoughts are going to be about Nazi's, WWII, murdering the Jews, etc. It's kind of sad, a lot of people these days, if you bring up Germany, some of their first thoughts is "Oh, the Nazi's?" simply because they heard the word "Germany". It's kind of sad, honestly.

Same as people thinking vodka, when they hear Russia, ladyboys and whores when they hear Thailand, Fat and stupid when they hear America etc etc, people gonna people.

As for the rest, Germans were pretty much for Hitler. They may have changed their minds overtime, but to wage total war for 6 years, with millions in the army and millions doing "war effort" stuff one needs support from the population, even in a dictatorial state.

Same as people thinking vodka, when they hear Russia, ladyboys and whores when they hear Thailand, Fat and stupid when they hear America etc etc, people gonna people.

As for the rest, Germans were pretty much for Hitler. They may have changed their minds overtime, but to wage total war for 6 years, with millions in the army and millions doing "war effort" stuff one needs support from the population, even in a dictatorial state.

Yeah, you're right about that. There's a stereotype for every country or certain objects that will relate to a certain country or group of people. Look at idiots like Al-Qaeda, simply just because of the way they look, you got people from the US, Canada, all over the world that any time they see a Muslim, one of the first things that come to mind is, "Oh, my God, that guy is a terrorist!" because of the way he/she looks. It's ridiculous. Or if you bring up Canada to some people, some people are like, "Lol, don't they live in Igloos, ride Polar Bears and their police chief is a Moose?"

Wasn't it like, they were for Hitler at first, but then when the war started and they realized what Hitler was doing, many started to turn against him? He was simply a master manipulator. He was good with words and told the German people what they wanted to hear, but in the end, I guess they may have realized that Hitler had something else in mind and it wasn't in the peoples' best interest, or whatever. Again - I could be 100% wrong.

I can't remember. It's been a long time since I've even thought about this stuff, lol. I'll have to ask my grandfather what's up on the subject sometime.

Wasn't it like, they were for Hitler at first, but then when the war started and they realized what Hitler was doing, many started to turn against him? He was simply a master manipulator. He was good with words and told the German people what they wanted to hear, but in the end, I guess they may have realized that Hitler had something else in mind and it wasn't in the peoples' best interest, or whatever. Again - I could be 100% wrong.

I can't remember. It's been a long time since I've even thought about this stuff, lol. I'll have to ask my grandfather what's up on the subject sometime.

There were definitely soldiers including higher ranking officers who were disillusioned with old Adolf.

Tom Cruise tried to stop him but was unsuccessful.

valkyrie%2003.jpg

Actually in WW1 the German army took over shortly after the war broke out. In WW2 some of top generals wanted to push Hitler aside and have him just as a figure head. But there was too much support for Hitler amongst the armys top rank so he was left in charge.

Pretty interesting.

There were a lot of German soldiers that were against Hitler. Unfortunately, a lot of the German soldiers still were forced to go to war even though they didn't believe in a thing that Hitler wanted to do.

I remember watching a documentary about when the British captured Nazi soldiers/high ranking officers (the documentary was called Bugging Hitler's Soldiers) and one of the higher ranked German officers or whatever was completely against Hitler and the entire 'Nazi' thing. He hated Hitler and there was another officer or whatever for the SS who he constantly argued with.

The guy who was against Hitler (I forget what he was a part of, he was in the German military well before Hitler came into power and if I remember correctly, he served in the first world war) would constantly argue with the SS officer about everything that was happening. He would talk about how Germany is forever going to be remembered for what Hitler has done, basically tainting Germany as a whole. And he was right.

If you think about it, the German soldiers who were already in the military before Hitler became Chancellor, before the Nazi party was around, were kind of unlucky. It was like bad timing for them. Then when Hitler got into power and all the soldiers who had joined the military beforehand were, of course, forced to do something they didn't believe in. So of course, it's not surprising that many Germans actually did try to assassinate Hitler and many other high ranking officers in the SS, or the Gestapo.

There were soldiers that joined around the time Hitler came into power, of course, and a lot of them did believe in what Hitler was doing. But before Hitler came into power, a lot of the soldiers who were already in the military were completely against Hitler and I'm pretty sure a lot of them were killed because of it.

So back to the documentary I was talking about - that one German military sergeant or whatever, was against Hitler and against the Nazi party. So when you look back and think about Germany during WWII, remember that not all the German soldiers were bad people and that a lot of them were completely against what Hitler was doing.

Maybe somebody can help me out here, and I may be 100% wrong about this - but right around the time the SS came about, didn't they take over a certain branch of the German military or something? I forget.

Something like, this certain part of the German military was the highest power, and then the SS came around and took them out of power and took over. Something like that, hope that question makes sense. Again - I could be 100% wrong about this.

Shit, I should know way more about WWII because my grandfather was a history teacher for many, many years I remember him telling me all sorts of stuff about WWII many years ago.

I guess I should probably just ask him.

Anyway, it'd be much appreciated if somebody could help me out with this.

The SS took over the SA, following the Night of the Long Knives. The SA were the OG Nazis; they carried out the attempted coup known as the Beer Hall Putsch. A paramilitary organisation made up of WWI vets, they grew to be almost a million strong private army, with their own artillery and cavalry units. They were commanded by Ernst Rohm, a highly decorated WWI veteran. He was also an open homosexual, which made him enemies among both the Nazi Party and the Wehermacht.

Rohm openly stated his intention to seize control of the Wehermact as well as the SA. He threatened a, "second Nazi revolution". Hitler used this to do a deal with the German Armed Forces; if they supported him, Hitler would get rid of Rohm.

During the Night of the Long Knives, Hitler, Himmler and Goering, using the Gestapo and the SS, murdered hundreds of the SA's senior officers, including Rohm himself. The remaining members were simply absorbed into the SS, which ironically had started off as a tiny bodyguard unit of SA men who protected Hitler.

Last edited:
make a movie about this.

Instead of the SS, have them fight some sort of monster, that way you have a bunch of easy kills for the monster, a devious nazi in their midst who gets comeuppance, it's basically a complete story.

The SS took over the SA, following the Night of the Long Knives. The SA were the OG Nazis; they carried out the attempted coup known as the Beer Hall Putsch. A paramilitary organisation made up of WWI vets, they grew to be almost a million strong private army, with their own artillery and cavalry units. They were commanded by Ernst Rohm, a highly decorated WWI veteran. He was also an open homosexual, which made him enemies among both the Nazi Party and the Wehermacht.

Rohm openly stated his intention to seize control of the Wehermact as well as the SA. Hitler used this to do a deal with the German Armed Forces; if they supported him, Hitler would get rid of Rohm.

During the Night of the Long Knives, Hitler, Himmler, Goering and the SS murdered hundreds of the SA's senior officers, including Rohm himself. The remaining members were simply absorbed into the SS, which ironically had started off as a tiny bodyguard unit of SA men who protected Hitler.

Thank you for the history lesson, good sir.

I knew the SS took over some group/militia/anything along those lines that originated in Germany. I just didn't know who/what exactly the name of said group (militia, now that I have been taught) was, so thanks for letting me know.

Other than that, now that you have brought up Himmler, I feel he was worse than Hitler. The apparent, "Architect of the Holocaust" and in my opinion, biggest coward in history.

Josef Mengele was bad as well, straight up evil. Murdering adults is one thing, but to basically torture children with some very sadistic, unscientific tests and causing their death.. that's a whole different level of fucked up IMO.

/rant

Thank you for the history lesson, good sir.

I knew the SS took over some group/militia/anything along those lines that originated in Germany. I just didn't know who/what exactly the name of said group (militia, now that I have been taught) was, so thanks for letting me know.

Other than that, now that you have brought up Himmler, I feel he was worse than Hitler. The apparent, "Architect of the Holocaust" and in my opinion, biggest coward in history.

Josef Mengele was bad as well, straight up evil. Murdering adults is one thing, but to basically torture children with some very sadistic, unscientific tests and causing their death.. that's a whole different level of fucked up IMO.

/rant

No problem. I would have gone into greater detail, but I had to post that from memory during my lunch hour. So it was shorter than I would have liked.

You are absolutely correct about both Himmler and Mengele. Himmler only witnessed one mass execution of Jews, and vomited while doing so. He was as pathetic as he was dangerous. He was far from an evil genius; he left most of the work of organizing the Holocaust to Reinhard Heydrich, a man so cold blooded that Hitler himself nicknamed him, "The man with the iron heart".

If Adolf Hitler calls you a cold-blooded bastard, you must be something pretty "special".:eek:

It was Heydrich who chaired the Wannsee Conference that set out the details of the Final Solution to the Jewish Question. There is film about the conference starring Kenneth Branagh as Heydreich. I defy anyone to watch it and not be chilled by the callous efficiency these men displayed as they worked out the best way of "solving" the problems of Jews, Slavs etc.

Mengele was a different class, arguably the most evil man in the Third Reich, although people like Dirlwenger might have challenged him for that title. Mengele had served in a Waffen SS Panzer regiment, and won the Iron Cross for pulling two men from a burning tank. When details of his sadistic experiments came out after the War, even his former Waffen SS comrades were disgusted, and demanded his name be removed from the rolls of their former regiment.

Last edited:
Conspiracy is a fantastic movie about Heydrich orchestrating the Holocaust. He was a cold hearted bastard who terrified even the other nazis at the Wannsee Conference. He was a favorite among the top officials of the party to potentially take over for Hitler when the time came iirc.

Conspiracy is a fantastic movie about Heydrich orchestrating the Holocaust. He was a cold hearted bastard who terrified even the other nazis at the Wannsee Conference. He was a favorite among the top officials of the party to potentially take over for Hitler when the time came iirc.

That film's awesome. Branagh kills it

You are absolutely correct about both Himmler and Mengele. Himmler only witnessed one mass execution of Jews, and vomited while doing so. He was as pathetic as he was dangerous. He was far from an evil genius; he left most of the work of organizing the Holocaust to Reinhard Heydrich, a man so cold blooded that Hitler himself nicknamed him, "The man with the iron heart".

Wow. I was actually going to bring this up in my last post about how when Himmler went to Auschwitz and saw some of the Jews get executed, his faced apparently turned completely white and some of the soldiers said he threw up on the ground, but I think some of them said that it just looked like he threw up a little bit in his mouth but didn't let it out. I didn't send it 'cause I didn't want it to be a very long message, lol.

I've never heard of Reinhard Heydrich until you just mentioned it now. Which is surprising because I just looked him up and he was apparently: "second in importance only to Heinrich Himmler" and it also said: "There was even talk of his one day succeeding Adolf Hitler."

When Hitler died, didn't Himmler immediately try to take his place? he tried to get into power over Germany, didn't he? Again, not sure if this is true - but shortly before Hitler committed suicide, he relieved Himmler of all of his duties because he was a traitor or something, yeah? again - I could be wrong, lol. It's been a long, long time since I've talked about WWII. Next time my grandfather is up, I'm definitely talking to him about it.

Mengele was a different class, arguably the most evil man in the Third Reich, although people like Dirlwenger might have challenged him for that title. Mengele had served in a Waffen SS Panzer regiment, and won the Iron Cross for pulling two men from a burning tank. When details of his sadistic experiments came out after the War, even his former Waffen SS comrades were disgusted, and demanded his name be removed from the rolls of their former regiment.

Yeah, Mengele was an evil bastard. I didn't know he won the Iron Cross or anything like that though. I only read about the things he did when he was a "doctor", never anything before that.

After reading your post though, pulling two men from a burning tank.. that reminds me of that one movie 'Warrior' with Tom Hardy in it.. that shitty MMA movie.. didn't Tom Hardy's character do something similar? he pulled a few men from a burning tank, or burning jeep? lmfao, if that's how it was in that movie then that's hilarious because it seems loosely based on one of the most evil Nazi's ever, lol. Not sure if you've seen that movie though. Personally, I thought it was awful. It's just too unrealistic to be enjoyable for me.

I've never heard of Reinhard Heydrich until you just mentioned it now. Which is surprising because I just looked him up and he was apparently: "second in importance only to Heinrich Himmler" and it also said: "There was even talk of his one day succeeding Adolf Hitler."

He died fairly early in the war(1942) so he's been kind of skimmed over in the history books. He doesn't get enough "credit" for being the mastermind of the Holocaust, it was basically his whole idea and not Himmler or Hitler's.

As detestable as most believe the Nazis were, there is so much unspoken admiration for them. I don't mean the hooligans/skinheads, but the ordinary men (and I am sure they are 99% male). Men admire the order, domination/strength, and yes even the brutality. Stalin was even more of a monster, but he doesn't get the same admiration (or Hollywood/history channel attention) because the Soviets were poor. The Nazis made the Germans rich, at least for a time, and they were masterful with propaganda. Perhaps too masterful.

Back