• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Nausea from Weed

"Green face"..."One toke over the line"...

It happens.

I've heard of some people getting sick and vomiting after smoking weed, but I assumed they were outliers. I'm not an experienced weed smoker but I've tried many different strains and gotten high often in the past couple years, and I never been sick from it. Last night was the first time I a legit shitty experience. I felt stoned at first but then I really felt like I needed to lie down. Then when I got up to get some water and go to bed, I got lightheaded and felt like I was going to pass out. Then the rest of the night I was in bed and feeling like I could throw up.

Is this something that just happens sometimes or is it the strain? I was also very thirsty so I might have been been lacking water as well.

You're fine.

Sometimes getting super high very quickly with even a bit of alcohol can cause the spins. Add in being hot and or dehydrated and the likelihood increases by a lot.

Also don't smoke tobacco in your weed that shits gross. You can have a cigarette after or before and you'll be better off. It's a lot to take in all at one time.

Go outside for a bit like your porch or deck if possible than smoke , eat something bready then go lay down if it happens again and you should be about good as new.

Sometimes alcohol weed and being hot/dehydrated just doesn't sit well no matter how many rodeos you been to. Doesn't mean there's a health problem or you gotta stop or anything it just means it wasn't your day this time. Also in regards to dehydration alcohol really can magnify that and really make you feel shitty before you even see it coming. Yes I mean one drink or 2 not like 10.

now I also don't know if this is relevant to you but I have noticed as people get older drugs and alcohol start to hit different and going from good time to sick time seems to become more common. What maybe would not have even phased you before might just put you down for the count one day and you are left wondering what the hell happened .

As a final thought weed gets more potent everyday and it's entirely possible to get way too high on next to nothing. How many hits you took or how you inhaled doesn't really matter a whole lot if it's some super weed or oil infused or crystal cured.

These days I smoke (actually eat edibles) while I drink and drink while I smoke (edibles) because both on their own scare me and mess me up but together I’m events out. Hope did helpful <PandaHi75>

The only time I’ve ever come anywhere close to being sick from weed is when I took a massive hit from a 6’ bong. And even then, it passed after I laid down for 15 minutes.

That happened to my friend when he was drinking and decided to smoke weed, which he later threw up because he got the spins LOL
Same happened to me once.

I'm not a regular smoker so I didn't know that you shouldn't mix alcohol and weed. But yeah it was a miserable experience. Haven't smoked since.

I know after I quit weed I lost 25 pounds .
lol I gained about 10lbs after I started to smoke regularly. When I was living in Thailand after they legalized, I spent way too much money on snacks at the 7/11s. Now that I'm in a country where's not as accessible, I'm starting to lose weight again as I'm not smoking as much.

What were you smoking? Certain strains from african lineage can be mildly psychedelic, frequently accompanied with nausea and spins if youre not expecting it. My guess is it was a fairly strong creeper that snuck up on you
No idea. I don't think my dealer even knows.

now I also don't know if this is relevant to you but I have noticed as people get older drugs and alcohol start to hit different and going from good time to sick time seems to become more common. What maybe would not have even phased you before might just put you down for the count one day and you are left wondering what the hell happened .
Yea I'm getting there. I don't get drunk anymore because it's no longer fun. I'm relatively new to weed but it's possible I'm getting to that point of "growing out of it" already.

Sometimes feels like head spinning but i like it. When i smoke weed i can game 6 hours and lose track of time but when im not smoking i hardly ever game. Never felt sick though edibles just make me pass out and sleep.

Sometimes feels like head spinning but i like it. When i smoke weed i can game 6 hours and lose track of time but when im not smoking i hardly ever game. Never felt sick though edibles just make me pass out and sleep.
I can't do edibles. The last time I ate a brownie it felt like I was high for like 2 days.

Generally I take a few puffs and I don't take long drags from joints. Last night I mixed it with tobacco which I normally don't do because I prefer to smoke a cigarette separately. I did have a beer before but I doubt one beer would affect me like that.

I was with a friend and she just got stoned and wanted to go to bed. She did say she didn't sleep very well though but didn't feel sick.

I'm wondering if it was heat and lack of hydration because I was super thirsty.
You greened out, it happens to the best of them every now and again

200.webp

lol I gained about 10lbs after I started to smoke regularly. When I was living in Thailand after they legalized, I spent way too much money on snacks at the 7/11s. Now that I'm in a country where's not as accessible, I'm starting to lose weight again as I'm not smoking as much.

No idea. I don't think my dealer even knows.

You have to watch even weed now, alot of these guys are spraying it with shit. If you live in a legal state you should strongly consider growing. With an initial $250-$300 investment you can get you a small tent and 100w light. Get some decent genetics and even a low effort organic grow should yield you 4-6 zips of the best bud youve ever smoked.

Heres some blueberry i did last year, lower buds i never even got around to trimming. Probably 3 lbs of what i considered larf
IMG_9472.jpeg

Last grow. All organic, way better than you’ll find in any dispensary. This was at the start of the bulk.

IMG_9473.jpeg

Current grow at the start of flower

IMG_9474.jpeg

Not trying to brag, just showing you that you can do yourself. Before VA legalized a few years ago the only thing i had ever grown was a rash. Couldnt find quality weed anywhere around here. Paid $70 for an eighth of what turned out to be delta 8. Had enough. Growing is the only hobby ive ever stuck with and growing it may be more therapeutic than smoking it.

Last edited:
prob from the Fentanyl

Know your dealer kids

Nah there's no fent in it. I smoked it with a friend she was fine. I also took a few puffs earlier today and I'm good today. So must've just been a bad night.

You have to watch even weed now, alot of these guys are spraying it with shit. If you live in a legal state you should strongly consider growing. With an initial $250-$300 investment you can get you a small tent and 100w light. Get some decent genetics and even a low effort organic grow should yield you 4-6 zips of the best bud youve ever smoked.

Heres some blueberry i did last year, lower buds i never even got around to trimming. Probably 3 lbs of what i considered larf
View attachment 1048266

Last grow. All organic, way better than you’ll find in any dispensary. This was at the start of the bulk.

View attachment 1048267

View attachment 1048268

Not trying to brag, just showing you that you can do yourself. Before VA legalized a few years ago the only thing i had ever grown was a rash. Couldnt find quality weed anywhere around here. Paid $70 for an eighth of what turned out to be delta 8. Had enough. Growing is the only hobby ive ever stuck with and growing it may be more therapeutic than smoking it.
Beautiful plants man.

Unfortunately I'm not in a place where it's legal so I don't know where it's coming from. I thought about growing my own as a hobby if I move back to Thailand. It seems like a lot of work though if you just want to get to the smoking part. In Thailand I can get a gram of decent weed for like 2 bucks from a local shop.

I've heard of some people getting sick and vomiting after smoking weed, but I assumed they were outliers. I'm not an experienced weed smoker but I've tried many different strains and gotten high often in the past couple years, and I never been sick from it. Last night was the first time I a legit shitty experience. I felt stoned at first but then I really felt like I needed to lie down. Then when I got up to get some water and go to bed, I got lightheaded and felt like I was going to pass out. Then the rest of the night I was in bed and feeling like I could throw up.

Is this something that just happens sometimes or is it the strain? I was also very thirsty so I might have been been lacking water as well.
Indica makes me spin out

View attachment 1048266

View attachment 1048267

View attachment 1048268

That looks amazing!

I’ve been so high all I could do is curl into the fetal position and hope for the best lol
I’ve been so high all I could do is lay in bed sweating my balls off, lookimg at the ceiling thinking I could talk to god

I’ve been so high I threw up all night like I was drinking
I’ve been so high, I had crazy aniexty thinking somebody was outside my window coming to get me

I smoked SO much weed in my day, I’ve had it all

I use to smoke a lot of weed, I still do, but I use to as well

Never went to the hospital tho, you just have to ride it out
And the weed these days can be pretty damn strong, depending where you are

Biggest joint I ever smoked with the boyz, was a 2 ounce joint with keif and hash, oil, mixed in. Hotboxed the basement and saw who was the last man standing lol
That joint smoked for hours, I drank a lot after at the beach and never even got drunk lol

I settled down now, switched to vaping dry flower (no carts) after I was diagnosed with cancer

I smoked for the first time in like 12 years and had a similar experience.

Feels like that stuff is way stronger nowadays.

Back