Nate, Khabib and Ferguson missing the opportunity

dontlaugh

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Nate wins interim belt = 100% chance of 3rd fight with Conor

Khabib wins interim belt = Will either be promoted to lineal or fight Conor, i think Conor will run to the hills to duck Khabib

Ferguson wins interim belt = Most likely the best option for Conor other than Nate, so more chances of fighting Conor for the lineal belt and making money too. More than what he's asking now.

Conor wouldn't vacate the belt just to avoid them, pretty sure winning it would give them a fight with Conor in near future and a lot of money, why they're not willing to take the chance ?

This is bullshit. I know interim belts are nothing that important but still, never saw top fighters that scared of fighting each other. Say one thing on twitter and facebook, another in front of the cameras, another one during negotiations etc...

I just wanna see blood already god damnit

lol at professional fighters being scared of fighting anyone.

Risk of losing streaks, losing momentum etc.

They do fear it, win streaks bring hype and more money.

Nate can afford to sit around and play the waiting game, the other 2 guys cannot.

Khabib (or anyone else ) will never be promoted to Lineal unless Conor beats Woodley,and even then it might not happen.

No one is afraid of fighting anyone,but Khabib and Ferg was the fight both men want if they arent going to get Conor right out the gate. Aldo and Nate aint got shit to do with that,arent on long winning streaks at 155 and they have to get in line. They allready had their chance and lost.

Khabib (or anyone else ) will never be promoted to Lineal unless Conor beats Woodley,and even then it might not happen.
Out of the 3, Khabib is the one that can give Conor a proper assbeating and it would kill a lot of his hype.

Losing fights dominantly isn't the same as going to war, people lose interest in fighters that get dominated and i bet not even Conor is too big for that. I could see him vacating the 155 belt if UFC gave in an instant shot at whoever has 145 belt.

I don't think he wants to risk a lopsided loss anytime soon

Out of the 3, Khabib is the one that can give Conor a proper assbeating and it would kill a lot of his hype.

Losing fights dominantly isn't the same as going to war, people lose interest in fighters that get dominated and i bet not even Conor is too big for that. I could see him vacating the 155 belt if UFC gave in an instant shot at whoever has 145 belt.

I don't think he wants to risk a lopsided loss anytime soon
Conir is never going back to 145. He would have to be in danger of getting cut to do that.

Conir is never going back to 145. He would have to be in danger of getting cut to do that.
Well, then he might think of becoing a full time welter.

I think he'll wait til Khabib is unactive again to fight Nate for the belt and then go on a layoff again. I really doubt he wants to fight Khabib

Well, then he might think of becoing a full time welter.

I think he'll wait til Khabib is unactive again to fight Nate for the belt and then go on a layoff again. I really doubt he wants to fight Khabib
He doesnt have to wait for shit. If he wants to fight nate,and the UFC is ok with it,itll happen whenever they feel like it. Unfortunatley for everyone else,that is how it can go.

So? that`s not having fear of fighting other guys, that is just trying to be smart about their career. Why would Tony fight if he thinks he is getting underpaid? He has every right to not fight because of it. Why would Khabib fight the interim 145 champ when he has no business in there? It`s all negotiations and it will all be worked out, the point here is that no one is scared of anyone, that`s silly.

So? that`s not having fear of fighting other guys, that is just trying to be smart about their career. Why would Tony fight if he thinks he is getting underpaid? He has every right to not fight because of it. Why would Khabib fight the interim 145 champ when he has no business in there? It`s all negotiations and it will all be worked out, the point here is that no one is scared of anyone, that`s silly.

I bet with you that losing momentum in dominant fashion against a guy like Khabib sure does scare them.

Scared as in it takes away their confidence in their own skillset to take the fkn fight. Not scared of having nightmares about him chasing them down with a machete.

This bs of fighters only wanting favorable match ups to look good on winning streaks has to stop. it is the reason why you don't see match ups between top fighters that are supposed to face each other to see who's who.

It is supposed to be the best vs the best. Not the champion handpicking favorable matchups to keep his winning streak and momentum going so he can make milk it off for longer. This is becoming Boxing and you guys are accepting it.

Beating legit fighters still count a lot. At least it should for most fans but it seems it doesn't.

Why would Khabib fight the interim 145 champ when he has no business in there? It`s all negotiations and it will all be worked out, the point here is that no one is scared of anyone, that`s silly.
It would be Aldo going up, not Khabib going down. If Khabib fights Aldo and wins he would not be the FW champ all of a sudden.

You're right it's all negotiations and we'll have to be patient. I hate how much the word ducking is thrown around these days.

If you believe sherdog Aldo is ducking Holloway, who is also ducking Aldo all the while Khabib is also ducking Aldo, Tony ducking Khabib and Conor is ducking everyone. Nate just want money and Conor, he's straight up about it. But no one is ducking no one. And they can say whatever they want, they just all want to fight Conor because they knew they'll earn much more than any other fight the UFC can give them. And fighting for the interim LW belt means there's a chance they'll lose that opportunity.

With Max being the exception, he just wants to be the FW champ for now, no matter who the belt has.

It would be Aldo going up, not Khabib going down. If Khabib fights Aldo and wins he would not be the FW champ all of a sudden.

You're right it's all negotiations and we'll have to be patient. I hate how much the word ducking is thrown around these days.

If you believe sherdog Aldo is ducking Holloway, who is also ducking Aldo all the while Khabib is also ducking Aldo, Tony ducking Khabib and Conor is ducking everyone. Nate just want money and Conor, he's straight up about it. But no one is ducking no one. And they can say whatever they want, they just all want to fight Conor because they knew they'll earn much more than any other fight the UFC can give them. And fighting for the interim LW belt means there's a chance they'll lose that opportunity.

With Max being the exception, he just wants to be the FW champ for now, no matter who the belt has.
You didn`t understand what i said. I didn`t say he had to come down and fight Aldo, when i said "he has no business in there" i was talking about Aldo fighting for the interim LW title. It`s a risk that Khabib doesn`t have to take.

Everyone knows that Khabib and Ferg are the top guys to challenge for Conor's title. Aldo is the guy who got annihlated by Conor in a lower division.. Khabib shouldnt have to fight Aldo,hes allready way ahead.

You didn`t understand what i said. I didn`t say he had to come down and fight Aldo, when i said "he has no business in there" i was talking about Aldo fighting for the interim LW title. It`s a risk that Khabib doesn`t have to take.
Well, I agree to some extent, but me personally wanted to see Aldo already a long time ago in the LW division so I wouldn't mind. And if Aldo decides to move up, he should have a n°1 contender fight or titleshot. Deserves it more than Khabib IN MY OPINION (before I get all those khabib fanboys breating down my neck).

Deserves it more than Khabib IN MY OPINION (before I get all those khabib fanboys breating down my neck).
For what? For beating edgar ( a guy he allready beat at 145) he gets to leapfrog everyone at 155? Conor JUST won the belt after being gifted the title shot allready. Its not like he is a dominant champion who has run out of challengers. There are guys with long winning streaks who are nipping at his heels. Aldo's fight with Conor wasnt even close. What claim could he possibly have?

03-pet-duck.jpg

Nate wins interim belt = 100% chance of 3rd fight with Conor

Khabib wins interim belt = Will either be promoted to lineal or fight Conor, i think Conor will run to the hills to duck Khabib

Ferguson wins interim belt = Most likely the best option for Conor other than Nate, so more chances of fighting Conor for the lineal belt and making money too. More than what he's asking now.

Conor wouldn't vacate the belt just to avoid them, pretty sure winning it would give them a fight with Conor in near future and a lot of money, why they're not willing to take the chance ?

This is bullshit. I know interim belts are nothing that important but still, never saw top fighters that scared of fighting each other. Say one thing on twitter and facebook, another in front of the cameras, another one during negotiations etc...

I just wanna see blood already god damnit
i think khabib vs ferg for interm title I personaly think these 2 are the best at 155 anyways/ if I were to bet on this I would say khabib wins by ud and then conor will either fight him and get destroyed on the ground or he will say its not a big money fight ( his way of saying I got no chance so why bother) and duck him

I am in favor of building a border checkpoint that spans from 146 to 154 pounds.
This will definitely keep the LW title immigrants from stealing jobs from real lightweights.
Until we have a real solid plan for vetting these immigrants, we need to put a temporary hold on accepting any new ones.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ufc925
Back