Nate Diaz

Turn into his brother and get undeserved title shots for the foreseeable future.

move down to fea....

just stay top 5 and keep making moneyz.

learn from his loss and improve.

Jesus. Another thing, Nick isnt Nate. They are two different people.. tired of everyone saying "Oh I used to think Nick had a chance against GSP.. but after watching his little brother lose a fight NO WAY!"

Bulk up. I dunno how much he cuts but it cant be that much surely? He's got no upper body, he has great judo takedowns but cant use them all the time as he gets out muscled in the clinch too much.

You really think you can apply the results of a 7 year old exhibition TUF fight to current Maynard/Diaz? Wow, you're desparate to make a case.
Maynard had literally a few months of MMA Training, Diaz years of Training and many fights, including a Title Fight aginst Hermes Franca.
BTW, you forgot that Maynard won the only Official fight between them. How? By standing, getting on Nates inside, and punching him, hard.
Maynard didn't need to use his Division best wrestling, at all.

Nate won that fight too, outstruck Gray by 30 significant strikes.

he's still top. i think he looses a rematch to cowboy. but still has some good fights ahead of him

My prediction is that Nate will go 3-0 in 2013 and be on the cusp of a title shot in 2014.

I don't understand how people think Cowboy would automatically win a rematch, that fight wasn't even close, an absolute beatdown. Don't give me this, "Cowboy got sucked into Nate's game" crap.

He comes up with a new fight plan and works on takedown defense. He should go train at Jacksons camp, they'll come up with a game plan other than a typical Diaz bro's, walk right at you, hands down, throwing punches from every angle.

This is pretty much what I have said since Nate's fight. Unlike most I do believe both have the skill set to be champions. They just don't care about putting themselves around the absolute best, and that is where they are falling short. They need to work with camps that have UFC Champions if they want to get there. Representin and supporting friends won't get them that strap.

learn from his loss and improve.

Jesus. Another thing, Nick isnt Nate. They are two different people.. tired of everyone saying "Oh I used to think Nick had a chance against GSP.. but after watching his little brother lose a fight NO WAY!"

Well the thing is they fight similarly and on top of that people have felt that Nate was evolving into a much better fighter. So when they see him get his ass whipped they think the same will happen. Which tbh it could very well happen, GSP is no joke, but he's also not as aggressive as Benson was.

The only difference between the two is that Nick has been there before, he's been a champion, he knows what to expect from the emotional side. Nate on the other hand probably had his nerves fucked up due to the pressure.

Nate won that fight too, outstruck Gray by 30 significant strikes.
I was there.
You could hear the difference in strikes, see the difference in strikes, and Nate could have thrown 50 more innocuous "swings" per round, and lost.
Scoring Maynard 30-27 29-28, Nate 28-29.
Maynard knocked down/rocked Nate throughout the fight.
"Effective", is the key word. Maynard's striking was, Nates wasn't.
If Nate was winning the standup, why would he turn to his wrestling against the Division's best wrestler, if he was doing so well?
You did have a nice potent doobie fired up when you watched Gray/Nate, right?

I was there.
You could hear the difference in strikes, see the difference in strikes, and Nate could have thrown 50 more innocuous "swings" per round, and lost.
Scoring Maynard 30-27 29-28, Nate 28-29.
Maynard knocked down/rocked Nate throughout the fight.
"Effective", is the key word. Maynard's striking was, Nates wasn't.
If Nate was winning the standup, why would he turn to his wrestling against the Division's best wrestler, if he was doing so well?
You did have a nice potent doobie fired up when you watched Gray/Nate, right?

Nate rocked Gray too in the third round I believe. We should start a poll then. I believe I had Nate winning the 1st and 3rd round but it's been a long time since I've seen the fight. I know one thing though, Nate has improved much more than Gray has since that fight and would be favored in a third fight.

Fair points, I definitely stand by Bendo being the worst match-up for him.
I would pick Nate over Melvin almost every time they fight via composure at this point. I'd pick him over Gray based on recent performances but not by a wide margin, 60/40 perhaps.

Frankie would be an interesting fight, footwork and speed vs Nate's reach. A pick 'em fight in my head. I gotta say I'm not sure how a Pettis fight would go but he hasn't looked unbeatable since coming to the ufc. Not by a long shot.

The things that make Pettis beatable aren't in Diaz' repertoire. Nate's not going to go for endless doubles on Pettis. Flip the equation around - Pettis is more versatile on the feet than Benson, scrambles just as well, probably defends subs just as well. His takedown defense may not be as good, but Nate is not the fighter to exploit this.

Frankie would style all over Nate. Frankie is freakishly strong, dude was tossing Benson around pretty easily in both their fights. Add to that his endless movement/superior footwork and it'd pretty much look like a faster version of Condit/Diaz.

You really think you can apply the results of a 7 year old exhibition TUF fight to current Maynard/Diaz? Wow, you're desparate to make a case.
Maynard had literally a few months of MMA Training, Diaz years of Training and many fights, including a Title Fight aginst Hermes Franca.
BTW, you forgot that Maynard won the only Official fight between them. How? By standing, getting on Nates inside, and punching him, hard.
Maynard didn't need to use his Division best wrestling, at all.

Are you trying to "score points" or something? Jesus christ relax.

One can easily see in their rematch that Maynard wanted nothing to do with the grappling of Nate, so even if he has improved he definitely didn't want to get submitted in a scramble. Contrast with Bendo who just cavalierly charge into bad situations and didn't break a sweat.

The only difference between the two is that Nick has been there before, he's been a champion, he knows what to expect from the emotional side. Nate on the other hand probably had his nerves fucked up due to the pressure.

The main difference here is that GSP is actually one of the best top position grapplers in MMA (only Jon Jones is better here I think) and the minute he gets Nick down, Nick is staying down. Nate had success against Benson because he was able to catch some sub attempts - that shit ain't happening against GSP.

Nate rocked Gray too in the third round I believe. We should start a poll then. I believe I had Nate winning the 1st and 3rd round but it's been a long time since I've seen the fight. I know one thing though, Nate has improved much more than Gray has since that fight and would be favored in a third fight.
If you make ANY kind of poll, on sherdog or any other forum relating to Maynard, it would not go his way; no matter the fact. And you are well aware of that.

The things that make Pettis beatable aren't in Diaz' repertoire. Nate's not going to go for endless doubles on Pettis. Flip the equation around - Pettis is more versatile on the feet than Benson, scrambles just as well, probably defends subs just as well. His takedown defense may not be as good, but Nate is not the fighter to exploit this.

Frankie would style all over Nate. Frankie is freakishly strong, dude was tossing Benson around pretty easily in both their fights. Add to that his endless movement/superior footwork and it'd pretty much look like a faster version of Condit/Diaz.

Are you trying to "score points" or something? Jesus christ relax.

One can easily see in their rematch that Maynard wanted nothing to do with the grappling of Nate, so even if he has improved he definitely didn't want to get submitted in a scramble. Contrast with Bendo who just cavalierly charge into bad situations and didn't break a sweat.

The main difference here is that GSP is actually one of the best top position grapplers in MMA (only Jon Jones is better here I think) and the minute he gets Nick down, Nick is staying down. Nate had success against Benson because he was able to catch some sub attempts - that shit ain't happening against GSP.
And you actually think that Maynard, knowing he was winning the standup, would abandon his striking?
Why would any opponent do that with a Diaz?

The third round of their fight, Nates only competitive round, Maynard put Nate on queer street, once again.
In fact, Diaz was so addled that he wanted to wrestle against the best wrestler in the Division. lol
You should consider watching the fight and than, guessing on your part won't be necessary.

You are flattering Nate or woefully underestimating the oddsmakers.
Following the folly of Ben/Nate, Maynard would be the favorite, without question. Not huge, but the favorite.
Did it ever occur to you that Maynard may have improved? No, Nah, perish the thought.

After watching Diaz submit miller and embarrase cerrone I was expecting way way way batter against bendo

Yea i know i thought cowboy would destroy Nate with his Kickboxing but he.proved me WAY wrong and i thought Diaz would tear through the rest of the division

Back