Nate Diaz

but Cerrone blew that fight by being retarded.

Yeah, getting beat up will do that to you. I don't understand the "Cerrone wasn't himself" nonsense. He wasn't himself because Nate Diaz is the better fighter and made him look bad.

Yeah, getting beat up will do that to you. I don't understand the "Cerrone wasn't himself" nonsense. He wasn't himself because Nate Diaz is the better fighter and made him look bad.

That's not really true though, he had a log of success with leg kicks but he just never followed them up with anything, choosing instead to get beat up by trying to go toe to toe with Nate. By the second round or so Nate was being dropped on his ass every time he ate a leg kick.

Now maybe it's just a result of bad gameplanning by Jackson and Winklejohn, or maybe Cowboy just isn't the kind of guy who can make adjustments mid-fight, but the next time Jackson's had a fight against a Diaz they seemed to go a different route - constant movement and strikes from the outside, which worked way better than trying to trade punches inside and standing right in front of Diaz.

Yeah, Cerrone and Condit are different fighters, but they kind of have the same tools. Lanky strikers with big power and a dynamic attack on the feet, it's just they came up with a better way to deal with a Diaz on the second go-around.

love nate but he needs to learn to alter his gameplan as the fight goes on, and / or to fit his opponent. if he doesn't he'll never win gold, and i think he could. he has the tools.

He has alot of options. Nothing is wrong with being 2nd best in the UFC. AIN'T NOTHING WRONG WITH SILVER RIGHT?!?!?! He probably isn't ever going to be able to beat Bendo, but he is still an exciting fighter and I enjoy his fights. Even if he did lose against Bendo it was still very exciting.

Some exciting bouts:

JOSE ALDO @ 155
GRAY MAYNARD
ANTHONY PETTIS
DONALD CERRONE II
FRANK EDGAR
MELVIN GUILLARD / JAMIE VARNER WINNER

He could fight any of these guys. I kinda want to see him against Frank Edgar since they both have pretty good boxing. But hey, that's just me and my opinion probably sucks azz since I'm just a white belt noobie. But please enlighten me.

The guy never seemed to get in a good rhythm against Bendo. I don't think that means he could never beat the guy. Nate is still a tough fight against anyone in the world.

Both Nate and Nick need to hit the Gym asap and get some muscle training going on. I was feeling bad for Nate as Benson manhandled him like he was little child.

Back