Nate Diaz: 'I want the Matt Brown fight'

Matt Brown would whoop his ass. Nate just isn't strong enough at 170

I'm 100% ok with this.

Nate fought at WW before. He's a Top 10 LW and would give problems to any WW too.

guaranteed fireworks!

Hahaha how would nate diaz give problems to any WW? Did you not see what Roy did to him? Or how about Kim? Diaz doesn't have shit for the top 20 WW fighters.

A top LW, something Nate isn't at the moment.

Kevin-Garnett-Reaction-at-2013-Dunk-Contest.gif

Usually you're right on, but...this is wrong.

Jones/Sonnen
Silva/Irvin
Silva/Griffin
Silva/Bonnar
Rich Franklin (Franklinweight)

The UFC is concerned with making money. Diaz brothers have name recognition. Matt Brown is surging right now and needs a quality opponent that they can market to get more casuals to watch.

Put this fight on a FOX card, maybe even make it the headline, or at least a co-headline. Then, if Brown wins, the UFC can develop Matt Brown as a marketable contender. If Nate wins, they can give Nate a top 5 opponent at WW.

Sonnen was a last minute replacement and he stayed at 205.

Silva Vs. Irvin was a last minute replacement to counter affliction

Silva VS Bonnar was a last minute replacement to save a card.

Unless someone gets hurt with a two weeks to go, i don't see this happening. It's a rarity when they do this. I do hope it happens though, I like the fight.

Good career decision.

If he wins, he just beat a terror on a 7-fight w/s, who expels opponents on a stretcher.
If he loses, he's the fearless tough guy who called out a b/a.

Nate, just fight a damn guy in your division. Until then, sit down and shut up, you're wearing out your welcome. Besides, Matt is above you now... you have to EARN that fight if you want it. You don't just get things handed to you in the real world because you "want" it.

Last edited:
I would enjoy the fight but I don't see it happening.. Dana isn't going to allow Nate to make his own fights and Brown would have nothing to gain at this time.. If Brown loses his next fight (against whoever it is) I could see this happening, but not while he's riding his current streak.

Sonnen was a last minute replacement and he stayed at 205.

Silva Vs. Irvin was a last minute replacement to counter affliction

Silva VS Bonnar was a last minute replacement to save a card.

Unless someone gets hurt with a two weeks to go, i don't see this happening. It's a rarity when they do this. I do hope it happens though, I like the fight.

It does happen that people take fights at different weights, but you are correct that it is usually because of an injury. That said, there have been fighters that have taken fights at 2 different weight classes on a regular basis. Vitor Belfort earned his MW title shot by KOing Dan Henderson at LHW. Hendo was, of course, the 2-division PRIDE champ and has taken fights at both 185 and 205 for most of his career since then.

Besides all of that, though, Nate got thrashed pretty good at LW. A move to a new division could be a good move for him, but really, given his apparent weaknesses vs wrestlers, he's in a lot of trouble at either weight class given how many wrestlers there are at the top of both divisions.

But for this fight, even if maybe only this fight, I'd love to see Nate step up and take the fight, if the UFC will offer it to him. Brown is on fire right now and is gonna have a title shot sooner or later, and a win over Nate (if he gets it) will make him a very marketable fighter.

This would be a candidate for fight of the year for sure. Make this fight PLEASE!

Funny that the entire argument against Brown getting a title shot after a 7 win fight streak was that he hasnt faced a top ranked opponent.

Now people think he should take a fight with Nate Diaz b/c it would be "epic". lmao.

The stupidity amongst Sherdoggers never ceases to amaze.

Last edited:
Lombard is calling out Brown on twitter and in interviews, and that is the fight to make. How the heck does Nate Diaz (a LW who is 1-2 in his last three fights) move up to face Brown, who is one fight away from a title shot? If Nate Diaz wants to move up to 170- give him a top 15 guy like Pyle first. Lombard vs. Brown is the fight to make.

this fight doesn't make sense but then again theres been a lot of that going around lately. Fun as hell sounding I'd watch it.

Back