• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Nate Diaz: "How $%^^in many times are they going to try to bring Conor back from the dead"?

Ya, I agree he's a journey fighter but I also agree about how those losses effect fighters .

There's no arguing being ko, tko, and subbed multiple times is worse than losing decisions. That's not even debatable.

It can definitely be argued from a skill v skill standpoint. Again, ko’s, tko’s can sometimes be luck, whereas clearly losing a 3 or 5 round fight shows you had the lesser skill. He’s the same as Clay Guida, Michael Johnson, Mark Hunt.
Good fighters but not great. That’s why I don’t see how he thinks he can question anyone else. It’s obviously just about the money. Kudos to him if he can get it.

"How $%^^in many times are they going to try to bring Conor back from the dead" Not as many times as they've tried to revive either one of the Diaz brothers.

Besides, UFC likes money. Conor brings in lost of money. Once Conor's hype drops, the UFC will drop Conor.

Imagine thinking Diaz would have come back stronger due to his cardio against RDA,Henderson,Josh Thompson, Masvidal.... Lol. That's kinda a lot of pure ass beatings. Ok... He would have beat Clay Guida without a time limit. But that was Guida.

Madisval gets tired over time, rda does too, henderson has low finish rate, thompson beat him fain and square.

Nate defiantly said some real ass shit in this interview, but IDK what he's doing calling out LW's to fights at 170lbs. I dont think he realizes that Oliviera and Porrier have more to gain fighting for the belt at LW than they do him; they only get paid more when the get PPV points, and only the title gets them that. Mate should be trying to steal the Conor fight from Dustin ASAP

lol

Two boxers that cant avoid low kicks...

Honestly, they should just keep fighting eachother for the press conferences alone.

It can definitely be argued from a skill v skill standpoint. Again, ko’s, tko’s can sometimes be luck, whereas clearly losing a 3 or 5 round fight shows you had the lesser skill. He’s the same as Clay Guida, Michael Johnson, Mark Hunt.
Good fighters but not great. That’s why I don’t see how he thinks he can question anyone else. It’s obviously just about the money. Kudos to him if he can get it.

Being ko is not luck when your going into a fight. Kos happen.

No fighter would say losing to a decision is worst than being tko , ko, or subbed. I know because I train mma fighters.

No, you just don't know the difference between competition rulesets.

You can be a good competitor and know ruleset that allows you to win. There's alot of wrestlers who win fights just by takedowns. They do no damage but the ruleset awards top position and win.(that doesn't prove the better fighter, it proves who's the better wrestler)

I know because I'm a head coach in mma and bjj. I've been to hundred of small and big mma shows to know this.

Well lol lets just say that Nate Diva is pretty bad at winning in the mma ruleset, which is the sport he is practicing it.

And you are way too much of a Nate Diaz fanboi to be a coach like you claim.

Well lol lets just say that Nate Diva is pretty bad at winning in the mma ruleset, which is the sport he is practicing it.

I agree. I just know there's a difference between sports rulesets and unlimited times rulesets.

It's real imparenent in bjj. We have good guys who can win plenty of matches when they are times under 10 minute matches. They know the game and point system so we'll.

We have others who don't care about point and go for finishes any chance they get even though it may lose them points if the miss submission. They can continue to attack to lose by a point bjj fighter who is good at defending and holding on to the lead .

Now when the point system is taken away from them and time is extended they struggle with the guy who only look for finishes and will roll until they get it lol.

Just trying to educate people on here on competition, and how you can game the system .

... So you didn't watch the fights?

Yup. Most of those fights would have to end with no time in limit to be sure who would win besides the Josh thompson fight.

You're assuming that just because one guy is winning at start means their going to win at the end of a long fight. Alot of things can go wrong as time goes by. We've all seen fighters who were winning only to lose at the end.

I agree. I just know there's a difference between sports rulesets and unlimited times rulesets.

It's real imparenent in bjj. We have good guys who can win plenty of matches when they are times under 10 minute matches. They know the game and point system so we'll.

We have others who don't care about point and go for finishes any chance they get even though it may lose them points if the miss submission. They can continue to attack to lose by a point bjj fighter who is good at defending and holding on to the lead .

Now when the point system is taken away from them and time is extended they struggle with the guy who only look for finishes and will roll until they get it lol.

Just trying to educate people on here on competition, and how you can game the system .

But the fact is Nate Diva's skin wouldn't be able to handle an unlimited time ruleset getting dropped so many times will eventually get to him (and did).

But the fact is Nate Diva's skin wouldn't be able to handle an unlimited time ruleset getting dropped so many times will eventually get to him (and did).

Connor dropped him multiple times but appeared spent towards end of both fights.

The second one especially shows that Nate would finish him if rounds kept going .

Being ko is not luck when your going into a fight. Kos happen.

No fighter would say losing to a decision is worst than being tko , ko, or subbed. I know because I train mma fighters.

Fighters have never been viewed as the smartest to make such assessments. They’re basically rock em sockem robots with calf kicks.

We can do it like this. Who’s has Nate beaten that’s worth a shit? Pettis, Gomi and an inflated McGregor. He’s not exactly wrecking shop against the elites, so how is he trying to act like he’s in the circle of shot callers.

He’s trying to leverage his dipshit following of nerds who think throwing bottles and middle fingers are cool. Dude talks like he has a mouth full of marbles and by marbles I mean cocks.

But apparently at least he loses by decision, so that’s cool.

Decent fighter tho

Connor dropped him multiple times but appeared spent towards end of both fights.

The second one especially shows that Nate would finish him if rounds kept going .

Although I agree he was taking the upper hand in the fight, Im not 100% convinced he would win that fight with more rounds. Nate's chin gets worse with every times he get dropped. He relies way too much on his chin.

Fighters have never been viewed as the smartest to make such assessments. They’re basically rock em sockem robots with calf kicks.

We can do it like this. Who’s has Nate beaten that’s worth a shit? Pettis, Gomi and an inflated McGregor. He’s not exactly wrecking shop against the elites, so how is he trying to act like he’s in the circle of shot callers.

He’s trying to leverage his dipshit following of nerds who think throwing bottles and middle fingers are cool. Dude talks like he has a mouth full of marbles and by marbles I mean cocks.

But apparently at least he loses by decision, so that’s cool.

Decent fighter tho

I never said he was a world beater lol. I just agree with him saying he rather have his losses instead of some of these other guys who have been ko , tko, and subbed multiple times lol.

That's just the truth. Most fighters will agree with that .

Fans on here who never competed in any form of combat competition have no clue or can't understand that lol.

Although I agree he was taking the upper hand in the fight, Im not 100% convinced he would win that fight with more rounds. Nate's chin gets worse with every times he get dropped. He relies way too much on his chin.

Connor was losing power as fight went by in second fight, he couldn't dropped Nate anymore and was taken down 5th round when time was running out. I honestly believe he would've finished him again.

If we're talking about other fighters like madisval and rda, that's a different story.

Yup. Most of those fights would have to end with no time in limit to be sure who would win besides the Josh thompson fight.

You're assuming that just because one guy is winning at start means their going to win at the end of a long fight. Alot of things can go wrong as time goes by. We've all seen fighters who were winning only to lose at the end.
I see why you think that if you didn't watch the fights. Those fights would have ended with the more gassed and completely beaten Diaz dying from sustained beatings.
If you get battered round after round with 0 offense it's not medically safe to allow you to keep getting beaten on.

Nate pro debuted in the WEC in 2004, SF in 2006, and UFC in 2007. Conor’s professional debut came in 2008. Nate birthed these fools he can say whatever he wants. He’s a true OG of this shit.

Wow a whopping 4 years later!

I never said he was a world beater lol. I just agree with him saying he rather have his losses instead of some of these other guys who have been ko , tko, and subbed multiple times lol.

That's just the truth. Most fighters will agree with that .

Fans on here who never competed in any form of combat competition have no clue or can't understand that lol.

We have guns and M203’s, so there’s no need to be the best at fighting, especially when you can’t even do joint manipulation or stomp dudes out.

When Nate is ready to come to my underground fighting DOA tournaments, then he can talk. Until then, he needs to shut his mouth and continue losing to Jorge Mas like fighters while talking about how he loses better than other losers.

I respect your opinion though. Most people aren’t as cool as you when they have wrong opinions.

Bless you

Back