Nate Diaz "He’s an amateur. You’re going to put an amateur in there with pros?"

Diaz is 100% correct. I think it is a very shortsighted decision by the UFC to let him fight.

Dall will probably strangle him anyway.. CM and the UFC will look foolish in the process.

damn, fully agree with Nate here. didn't see that coming, lol

Wait a minute- wasn't that Brock Lesnar guy in a similar boat?
Not really.

Brock was a successful D1 wrestler and well recognised elite athlete. He also fought top guys from day 1 of his career.

CM Punk? No combat experience and an athletic theatrical performer.

CM Punk fighting in the UFC is like a 40 year old Sylvester Stallone fighting Marvin Hagler

Even Brock had to pick up a win outside outside the Octagon before getting signed. Even then, there was a lot of dissatisfaction going around, despite the man's legit NCAA accomplishments.

CM Punk is a fucking white belt. He's not even an athlete. Just lol all around

I still don't understand why people are moaning like little girls about this.

CM Punk made more money in the WWE than any UFC fighter ever will, the UFC fighters should be grateful that his name will draw more people to the UFC, which is why EVERY fighter will be on their knees to be on the same card CM Punk is on.l

His demeanor and body language is that of a dead man walking. I think he knows it too. That Gall kid was a brown belt in BJJ and Punk seemed to have wished that Mike Jackson was his opponent rather.

Maybe so, but I wouldn't agree to fight ufc competition after a short amount of training and I'd wager Punk was smarter than me haha.

Nah, Brock Lesnar was a legit division 1 wrestler, he probably could've gone straight to the UFC and never to the WWE with his wrestling credentials

Someone please point out how he is wrong? Personally this is the first coherent thing I have ever heard a Diaz say.

Probably the most coherent, sensible thing Diaz has ever said.

He makes good points.

Got a chuckle out of "Even Stefan's Struve's big ass couldn't play in the NBA."

Someone please point out how he is wrong? Personally this is the first coherent thing I have ever heard a Diaz say.

Nate definitely made some solid points there and expressed them in a pretty cogent way.

That said, I'm still a bit uncertain what a virgin nose is.

I completely agree with Diaz.
But he's kidding himself if he thinks the UFC takes MMA or the fighters particularly seriously.

Nate definitely made some solid points there and expressed them in a pretty cogent way.

One that has not yet been smashed.

Ain't been broke yet. Don't follow pro wrestling so maybe it has been?

His demeanor and body language is that of a dead man walking. I think he knows it too. That Gall kid was a brown belt in BJJ and Punk seemed to have wished that Mike Jackson was his opponent rather.
I doubt it. I just don't see the rationale behind people that think that Brooks asks to get a fight in the UFC and doesn't want to be tested. He's certainly not doing it for the money, so why would he do it if not just to test what it's like? He's always been open with the big possibility of him getting his ass kicked.

Diaz is salty that this amateur will get more paid more for his fight than Nate got for most of his career probably.

....... no shit, was your post meant to be insightful?

A bit different.. Lesnar was a star college wrestler, so he has competed in in actual combat sport before..(that and he had a fight before coming to the UFC, if that counts for anything)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back