Nate Diaz "He’s an amateur. You’re going to put an amateur in there with pros?"

Brock actually took a challenge and fought top fighters.
Punk is the exact and complete opposite.

that's because their situations aren't similar, except for the pro wrestling aspect.

CM PUNK writes comic books! do you understand the hilarity in this? and it's not independent shit either, he writes for MARVEL, I'm an avid comic reader and this fuckhead is invading my happy place.
thor-annual-1-featured.jpg

Why does he get to write for Marvel? not some no name superhero, but fucking Thor? cuz his name is CM Punk, that's the only reason.

Diaz is salty that this amateur will get more paid more for his fight than Nate got for most of his career probably.
Yep, that's basically what he just said.

Only stupid part is the "even if he does well why does he get the chance?" shit. You know why he's getting the chance either way...at least it makes sense retroactively if he actually does well.

CM PUNK writes comic books! do you understand the hilarity in this? and it's not independent shit either, he writes for MARVEL, I'm an avid comic reader and this fuckhead is invading my happy place.
thor-annual-1-featured.jpg

Why does he get to write for Marvel? not some no name superhero, but fucking Thor? cuz his name is CM Punk, that's the only reason.
Wait, wat?

Nate definitely made some solid points there and expressed them in a pretty cogent way.

That said, I'm still a bit uncertain what a virgin nose is.
A nose that hasn't been broken.

One that has not yet been smashed.

haha I figured but it seemed an odd thing to say given Punk was in pro wrestling for years, Fake and all but those guys get occasionally and accidentally bashed/injured for sure.
A nose that hasn't been broken.

hahah makes perfect sense. just never heard the terminology. kind of funny too cause despite the fakeness, pro wrestlers get accidentally cracked and smashed at some point in their careers given all the room for error and the amount of time they put in in the ring.

Every time CM Punk gets brought up, the plethora of jealousy and negativity is just staggering... and hilarious.

"Fans" are acting like its a personal offense against them, that this guy gets to walk into a fight in the coveted Octagon with minimal practical experience or training, and a nonexistent fight record. Its almost like that's a dream of theirs, but an impossibility due to the fact that nobody outside of their own circle actually cares what happens to them.

Diaz has a point though. It definitely cheapens the experience for someone like him, that is such a great ambassador for the good will of the sport. I mean really, where WOULD mixed martial arts be today without people like the Diaz brothers?

Every time CM Punk gets brought up, the plethora of jealousy and negativity is just staggering... and hilarious.

"Fans" are acting like its a personal offense against them, that this guy gets to walk into a fight in the coveted Octagon with minimal practical experience or training, and a nonexistent fight record. Its almost like that's a dream of theirs, but an impossibility due to the fact that nobody outside of their own circle actually cares what happens to them.

Diaz has a point though. It definitely cheapens the experience for someone like him, that is such a great ambassador for the good will of the sport. I mean really, where WOULD mixed martial arts be today without people like the Diaz brothers?

MMA fans are largely hateful towards UFC.

Virgin Nose and Stefan Struve's Big Ass.

That might be the most intentionally witty a Diaz brother has ever been.

I think Jackson will get the fight somehow to give Punk an equal opponent.

Totally agree with Diaz.

What if CM Punk knows something we dont? He doesn't come off as an idiot. Surely if just a year or two with a good camp was all he had then he wouldn't even bother competing in the ufc. There has to be more to his background than he gives off surely?

He probably knows it's a sport in its infancy with a very steep drop off in skill level after the top 10 or 20 guys in most divisions. What he may not know is that even so, those 20-100 guys are asskickers in their own right and are going to make short work out of a typical guy with a couple of years training.

On the other hand, CM has been training full time with some of the best trainers and training partners in the world for the past year or two. That's got to mean something in a sport where even some top 10 guys have a day job.

Diaz is salty that this amateur will get more paid more for his fight than Nate got for most of his career probably.

He wasn't being secretive about that. That's exactly what he said

People that don't watch WWE don't care about CM Punk and the UFC is asking it's fans to pay the same price to watch trained professional fighters to watch an amateur 0-0 fighter. That's sickening, it's bad business, and it's disgraceful of Zuffa to do that to the fans after all the shit they've done to us in the last few years.

I can't fathom how people defend that.

Diaz is 100% correct. I think it is a very shortsighted decision by the UFC to let him fight.

Dall will probably strangle him anyway.. CM and the UFC will look foolish in the process.

I think they just want that CM Punk money for one fight. I doubt they fail on this deal whether he wins or loses. They wouldn't set themselves up for that.

People that don't watch WWE don't care about CM Punk and the UFC is asking it's fans to pay the same price to watch trained professional fighters to watch an amateur 0-0 fighter. That's sickening, it's bad business, and it's disgraceful of Zuffa to do that to the fans after all the shit they've done to us in the last few years.

I can't fathom how people defend that.

What exactly did Zuffa do to you?
How have you been hurt negatively in the past few years as a fan?
Not slamming, just asking!

Last edited:
Back