• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Nate Diaz Comes In 5 Pounds Over Weight

Diaz brothers, p4p, the least intelligent men in the UFC.

Yeah the Diaz brothers always put their foot in their mouths. Good thing I like them for their fighting ability, not for their drama.

If he steps into the cage tomorrow and taps as soon as the fight started, could the UFC do anything punitive other than cut him? That would be the ultimate F u. Missing weight though isn't a great idea, since it costs him money.

Commission could for sure. Doubt the UFC could.

That was in Brazil tho, commission wasn't in place back then? Or if it was, was VERY new.

Well, Rumble had still missed it by like 7 pounds in USA and he went on to kill Yoshida.

That was in Brazil tho, commission wasn't in place back then? Or if it was, was VERY new.

It's up to the promotion unless it's more than 10lbs. Then it's illegal by most US Comission standards.

#matchmaker

Well that is dumb.. they cant force him to cut weight and he looked pretty good at 170.

He had two losses against really good fighters and didnt stick around long enough to really add muscle and become a better fit for WW

I wish hed try to do 170 legit this time and try to pack on a little muscle

If he steps into the cage tomorrow and taps as soon as the fight started, could the UFC do anything punitive other than cut him? That would be the ultimate F u. Missing weight though isn't a great idea, since it costs him money.

They could probably sue him for breach of contract.

Whaaaaat?! Holy shit. Dana is gonna be LIVID

Nate doesn't owe me shit, but this is unprofessional by any standard...

Godamn that guy is so fucking gangster. WAR NATE.

Well that is dumb.. they cant force him to cut weight and he looked pretty good at 170.

He had two losses against really good fighters and didnt stick around long enough to really add muscle and become a better fit for WW

He looked pretty terrible at 170...

I just don't get why nate signed his contract. Why agree to a contract that he claims is thievery. He is a 10 year pro

That is completely against the rules. Athletic commission would consider it throwing a fight and he would almost certainly get a lifetime ban

Back