Name your top five unorthodox strikers. Past or present.

Well, if we're talking top level MMA fighters, his striking is at the bottom of the barrell. Even with his poor striking, he could still beat a lot of fighters. Just not those at the top that weren't perfect stylisitically.

Top tier MMA fighters? So I guess he's not that bad then. Thanks for clearing it up.

Fedor. His technique was far from the books, but he was effective like a mug. Not to mention most of his lead punches had nice cover for his chin.

I liked the way Drew McFedries threw punches. Same as Robbie Lawler. Just blastin dudes from weird angles.

1263797243.jpg

Ya, for the top level his striking is horrid. I'm glad we agree.

Well for the top level over 95% of MMA heavyweights have "horrible striking."

So you're saying healthy Brock was a decent striker.

Good.

Chael Sonnen - awkward movement, good feints, timing is hard to guage, poor technique, very effective

Cung Le. I just wish he started MMA before he was pretty much past his prime. I've seen some of the videos of him in his 20's and he was an absolute beast. He would have been a monster in the UFC then.

-Anderson Silva
-Lyoto Machida
-Anthony Pettis
-Fedor Emelianenko (not sure if he counts)
-Nick Diaz

Jean Silva (Chute Boxe and Capoeira style)

Brock was doing well in the striking before he got sick.

His illness permanently weakened him. Taking punches from Cain and Shane aren't too easy either.

LOL. How does an illness take your skill? You Brock fans are pathetic. You act as though he is the only fighter to face a bad health scare.

-Anderson Silva
-Lyoto Machida
-Anthony Pettis
-Fedor Emelianenko (not sure if he counts)
-Nick Diaz

I was gonna say Fedor. He never had what you would call orthodox striking, but man was it effective.

Back