Name a champ

Conor beat Aldo by luck. Also Jones last 2 fights were won by luck.

I don’t like Conor but he is built to beat Aldo. Now some of those other opponents got big bonuses for the nod. I think that without a flash ko by Conor ,RDA would have put a beating on Conor.

Chuck got to be 4x defending champion and one of the biggest stars in the sport by fighting guys in the bottom half of the top ten... If that (Babalu, Jeremy Horn, Tito) while the best LHWs in the world where fighting in Pride.

I was a Chuck fan, his championship run was entertaining, but he never sniffs the title if Rampage and Shogun are in the division.

Why would you be lucky to win a title in an era that "hadn't evolved"? If mma 20 years from now is clearly at a higher level, would that make all the champs of today lucky?

Anyway, most of this thread seems to be about making ridiculous claims, it seems . I mean, now Jon Jones is lucky to have won a title? Shut up.
Relax powderpuff. Jones isnt bad by any means but the thing is he has a huge advantage that isnt really related to him being a good fighter and more to the reason of him being able to take advantage of weight classes. All power to him but i mean imagine if any champ fought basically all the top guys in the next weight down(not to mention its 20lbs to the next weight class down). Mw to lhw is a near 11 percent increase in weight while fw to lw is a near 7 percent increase in weight. Imagine conor fighting featherweights at lw. Hed dismantle that division for years. Imagine khabib fighting featherweights. There would be no question what so ever about who the greatest fighter of all time is if that was the case. Its easy to look good when theres no competition.

14861-15692420111176-800.jpg

Bobby knuckles also didn’t have the skills and size to hold on to tha title. Everyone In the top ten is bigger And maybe more skilled that him.
Nah Bobby earned that belt the hard way, def one of the better guys at 185.

jones faught that guy a tad bigger than middle weight and did fairly well twice. DC

Serra fought a great fight but he had no business being a champion..

Chuck got to be 4x defending champion and one of the biggest stars in the sport by fighting guys in the bottom half of the top ten... If that (Babalu, Jeremy Horn, Tito) while the best LHWs in the world where fighting in Pride.

I was a Chuck fan, his championship run was entertaining, but he never sniffs the title if Rampage and Shogun are in the division.
let alone Wand, Arona, Lil Nog, Henderson etc..Pride had killers at that weight

I think Prime Wand takes him out too as he leaned to heavily on brawling in his later years.

I think Prime Wand takes him out too as he leaned to heavily on brawling in his later years.
I tend to agree, but I left him off since Chuck did beat him head to head, close as that fight was and both were past their prime.

Assuming a sauced up Wandy then he probably wins, though I would have loved to see them fight with both at their best. (2004-2006 or so)

Nah Bobby earned that belt the hard way, def one of the better guys at 185.
Nope. Who did he beat ford he vacant title. Then he was gifted a win vs Romero. And then a real middleweight (Adesanya) fucked hash it up

I tend to agree, but I left him off since Chuck did beat him head to head, close as that fight was and both were past their prime.

Assuming a sauced up Wandy then he probably wins, though I would have loved to see them fight with both at their best. (2004-2006 or so)

They were supposed to until Rampage upset the applecart. That's why Wand took his anger out on him so badly. He wanted to lay waste to Liddell.

Nope. Who did he beat ford he vacant title. Then he was gifted a win vs Romero. And then a real middleweight (Adesanya) fucked hash it up
Beat Romero twice, thats plenty. Don't forget the belt was vacant from St-Pierre

Weidman got a bit lucky imo getting to face old guys on their way out. If Petr Yan gets the belt he'd be another decent example because he just beat 40 year old Faber now he's fighting 2 fight losing streak Faber for the belt. Eddie got a bit lucky by getting a TS after winning two split decisions, he then managed to catch RDA and swarmed him for the finish but I still believe RDA is the better fighter.

They were supposed to until Rampage upset the applecart. That's why Wand took his anger out on him so badly. He wanted to lay waste to Liddell.
That is a loss to the mma fan community. That would have been full Mexican supplement Wandy vs Chuck on Wandy’s relative home soil.
He might have fucked Chuck on camera.

Why would I imagine that? Khabib already cuts weight - has even failed to make weight, unlike Jones.
What do you mean why? You dont think jones has a massive size advantage? What fights have you been watching?

Back