• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mystery movies where the “mystery” was too easy

JadeOwl

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
So last night I went to the movies, and the only new film that was playing around the time I could be at the theater was this Argentinian movie set in the 1930s or 1940s called Los que aman, odian (Those who love, hate).

los-que-aman-odian.jpg

It is a mystery/thriller sort of thing about a femme fatale that is murdered 2/3 of the way through the movie.

The movie was okayish* but one issue that I had with it was that the identity of the murderer was telegraphed so heavily that I knew who did before the woman was even dead!

Has anybody else had this issue with other movies? Where a murder or crime is central to the plot, but the solution is hinted at so heavily that it ruins the rest of the movie because it’s lost all suspense.

* Mostly because the femme fatale is played by an absurdly hot piece of eye candy called Luisana Lopilato. And she has a full frontal nude scene that will hit you like a hammer between the eyes.

ETA: Because I know someone is going to ask, this is her...
in-love-and-in-hate.jpg

luisana-lopilato-bikini-at-beach-in-perth-09.jpg

luisana.jpg

1472338_5e871236.jpg

ultimo-luisana-lopilato--1332780954-view-1.jpg

155741.jpg

Last edited:
I remember I figured out the plot to shutter island quite easily. I was quite proud of myself.

Not the main drive of the film I spose but the twist in Alien convenient was easy to guess the second they cut away from that fight between the androids without showing the outcome.

I never understood why people were so shocked by the end of the Crying Game. As soon as they showed the dude on screen I knew what it was.

Updated the OP with pics of the girl playing the femme fatale.

Memento

Inception

I knew who the killer would be in The Bone Collector because I recognized his voice in the trailer.

Silence of the Lambs. I knew it was Buffalo Bill the whole time.

The Village. I guessed the twist and got it right. lol

That chick is married to michael buble, always thought he was gay

I knew who the killer would be in The Bone Collector because I recognized his voice in the trailer.
Yep. Good ole Leland "I FUCKED HER (before Peteyandjia)" Orser! I did the same thing, and with the GROUNDHOG DAY style murder about the one girl's birthday, hearing the killer saying, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" on repeat during the radio commercial.

I try not to beat movies to the punch these days, but sometimes it's too obvious.

I don't know if it counts as a mystery movie, but that Secret Window with Johnny Depp was the easiest ever plot twist to predict. I called it as soon as he found that hat outside his door.

Not the main drive of the film I spose but the twist in Alien convenient was easy to guess the second they cut away from that fight between the androids without showing the outcome.

my sister said it was quite obvious because they both had completely different haircuts

Back