My Wife May Have Inadvertently Invited a Guy Over to Our Place for a Date

My takes:

1. I find it odd that your wife has never mentioned being married or brought you up in the multiple conversations that they've had.
  2. Whether he thinks she's single or married, the guy's definitely looking for an angle here.
  3. I think your wife enjoys flirting with that idea. Women are pretty blunt when they don't want anything to do with anyone.

UPDATE:

So the play date and dinner ended about an hour and a half ago (8pm our time) and I’ve just been getting my son to bed.

Most of you are going to be pretty disappointed: nothing happened.

This guy knew I was in the picture all along evidently. We’ve apparently crossed paths at drop off in the mornings many times, we’ve just never spoken. He knew who I was because he recognized my son and daughter when I’d drop them off, but I never realized who he was because I can’t really distinguish any of the other children in my kids’ daycare. All 3 to 5 year olds are basically interchangeable from my perspective, so I didn’t know he was the father of my son’s close friend, because honestly until tonight I didn’t even know which kid she was (there were 16 children in the 4/5 year old room at the daycare).

He didn’t bring wine or flowers or anything, but he brought some pumpkin pie cheesecake for dessert. It was good, but now my wife is feeling a bit sick from it because she’s lactose intolerant.

The guy seems nice enough. He’s about 3 years older than me, and works in IT for some big crane manufacturing company. Kind of a geek, as he came wearing a Deadpool t-shirt. If I had to guess he could probably kick my ass if we got into a fight as while we were roughly the same height he looks more physically fit than me (I’m rocking a solid “dad bod”).

The kids had fun, it was a nice day so they played in the backyard in the sandbox I built for my kids at the end of August. Then they watched some paw patrol while My wife and I made dinner and the guy sat and just chatted with us. Afterwards they just played with my son’s paw patrol and Batman toys.

Discussions mostly focused on the kids, schools and a little bit about our respective careers.

I guess before closing off I’ll address some of the myriad questions I saw posed throughout the thread:

Q: Why would I let my wife invite a guy over for dinner without asking me first?
A: She did ask me, and I said that was fine.

Q: What would I have done if the guy had shown up with flowers and wine?
A: I don’t actually know. Part of me would want to laugh at my wife for failing to pick up on his interest, part of me would want to go all alpha-wannabe with the guy and tell him to beat it, and part of me would feel bad for the guy for humiliating himself like that, and also bad for my son because I know he’d never get to see his friend anymore as I doubt the dad would ever want to hear from us ever again.

Q: Why did I have an attitude of finding this hilarious instead of getting pissed at my wife or concerned?
A: 1. I trust my wife
2. My wife is book smart (she’s got a Masters in Immunology) but sometimes she can be a complete retard in social situations. For example, she dated a gay guy from age 14 to 16, and she never picked up on it.
3. She’s friendly, bashful, naive and gullible. Despite what many people here posted, my wife absolutely is the kind of person that would not realize that being nice to a person could be interpreted as flirting.
4. she honestly would be oblivious to a guy being thirsty for her, especially as she has a very low self esteem as she’s been diagnosed with depression since 2011, and she doesn’t think that she’s attractive or desirable in the first place.

Anyway, thanks everyone for coming along for the ride. Your posts were the blend of comedy and cruelty that I expected, and I enjoyed them. I know this isn’t the ending any of you wanted, and a part of me even feels a little disappointed too, because for a while there I thought I was about to live a real life episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm for an evening. One poster I saw speculated that this could end like season 4 of Game of Thrones or like season 8. Looks like I’m delivering a season 8 ending. Sorry guys.

And now our watch has ended.

{<shrug}
this update is post 284 :mad:

This is the kinda shit I've been talking about. This is some real shit right here. Life is ruthless and women are always at the center of each nightmare. Chose your role wisely.
Yup. Almost every single fight that ever breaks out is over a woman when your drunk at the bar.

Reasons men fight:

1. Over Women
2. Staring too long>Talking shit>Fight
3. Too much liquor not enough to do
4. Traffic/Road Rage

Yeah Im def the jealous type and well aware of chicks "guy friends" and their intentions. That said, I would never tell my girl she cant have any guy friends or cant even text a dude shes prob known longer than me. Cant tell you the number of mexican dirty hinas I banged in my younger days that had controlling "macho" men. You think youre locking em down by putting the psychological hijab on em, but youre really just pushing them into another man's load being on her face. Its about balance. You gotta have a strong pimp hand(not literally, or maybe for some of you guys) but you also gotta give freedom. If youre a true "alpha"(i hate that term) than you put the smack down on them psychologically, not in a "what the fuck bitch!? Who you talking to bitch?! Better get off the phone bitch!!" There is certainly a time and place to be "bad daddy" but too much will lead them into a nice warm cock, but too little will also. Balance my friends, balance.
Damn. This is spot on. We need a sticky of the best posts in the Berry Relationship threads

I don't have a girlfriend.. and what the fuck is a hub?

"bro"

A "hub" is a guy in the middle. The "wheel" is all the other guys arranged around in a circle around him. You can figure out what the "spokes" are.

Its a gay sex / bukkake act. The "bro" part should've tipped you off. Only raging flaming homos use "bro" anymore.

<NoneOfMy>

Good trolling attempt bro.

I hope its trolling.. because if not we might have found the smallest penis in all Sherdog.

<Varys01>

Any married man who accepts his Wife texting a non relative male "friend" is a wimp, Beta or Eunuch.

There is no such thing as a male friend to a married woman, it's called a Dick on Deck or an Incel hoping to be a non Incel. It's very inappropriate in a marriage setting, husbands should not accept it and woman should not do it unless they are swingers or in an open marriage, which isn't really a marriage is it....

Last edited:
Had the gusto to go down in the annals of Sherdog infamy initially... But instead, this thread blew its wad all over our collective chests in post #1. Then, after failing to give us our climax, post #1 came back with a whiskey dicked boner, and tried to shove itself unlubed into our co-op owned vagina while we were sleeping, and began thrusting away withput even the courtesy of some clitoris stimulation.

I've been sitting here in my basement with a sock full of shampoo over a turgid erection... Waiting, just waiting, for the crescendo of this saga to give me what I deserve. But alas, I'll just be going to bed with an Herbal Essences scented groin.

I hate you TS, I really do. So much promise, wasted.

Now this here....this here is fucking gold!!

Ribs, corn on the cob, rice and then the cheesecake for dessert.

Water to drink. I wasn’t going to give this guy one of my beers just in case he is taking my wife to pound town behind my back.

@TheWorm - So what was his reaction when he showed up and realized she was married?

We are all a bunch of gossip girls here over a play date.

Karate forum my ass.

Last edited:
UPDATE to be found at post #290
————-

So my wife and I have our 4 year old son and 2 year old daughter in daycare full time. Our routine is that I drop them off in the morning and she picks them up in the evening, as my wife starts work earlier than me, but is finished earlier. Our son had this 5 year old girl in daycare with him that was one of his closest friends, but she left at the end of August as she was starting kindergarten at the beginning of September.

My wife would often run into this girl’s dad at pickup time and they would shoot the shit a bit while the kids said their goodbyes. Before this girl left the daycare at the end of August my wife commented to the dad that our son was really going to miss his daughter and that we should arrange a play date for our kids so they could keep in touch, so she gave her phone number to the dad. Then August 31 came and went and our son’s little friend left the daycare, and we didn’t hear from her dad.

Fast forward four weeks and out of the blue the Dad texts my wife, and asks her how it’s going. She says good, and that our son misses his daughter a lot (which he does), and suggests a play date. Now normally you’d think that when a parent suggests something like that the implication is they mean meeting up at a playground or park, or maybe going over to the other person’s house for a short afternoon visit. Instead the guy suggests that they could come over for dinner, and he tells my wife that he has his daughter every Tuesday and Thursday, and every second weekend. Up until this point we had assumed that he was married and living with the girl’s mom. This was the first time we realized he was single.

In any event, my wife invited them over to our place for dinner tomorrow night. I asked my wife if she knows if this guy even knows that I’m in the picture, or if this could be a case where this guy’s operating under the assumption that my wife’s also a single parent, and that maybe this guy thinks my wife’s maybe been flirting with him all along.

I’ve been teasing my wife that this guy is going to show up thinking that this is some kind of double date between him and his daughter with my wife and our son. My wife dismissed the idea until tonight, she sent him a text message just to let him know that we have a dog (just in case of allergies or anything) and he wrote back a little joke “damn, that’s ruff”. My wife kind of stared at the message and then said “uh oh, maybe this guy does think I’m available or in to him”.

Frankly I find the whole thing hilarious and am kind of excited to see how the guy reacts when I come to the front door they arrive. Like what if he has flowers or a bottle of wine or some shit.

So what do you guys think? Does this guy think he’s coming over tomorrow night for a date with my wife, or is this all innocent and harmless and that the guy just has a somewhat peculiar notion for timing and venue for a play date?
I haven't read post 290 yet, and maybe never will. My sherdogger reasoning allows me to see the complete picture without reading more than the title and a few key words.

That disclaimer being made...
You're wife mentioned a "play date" she knew that had a double meaning
<Baelish01>

But she didn't mention you.
Women ALWAYS mention their man unless they're concealing it. The boyfriend always used to come up in convo. Whether it was "Weelll.... my BOYFRIEND is blah blah blah".
(Yes, I've heard the husband thing also, but it goes without saying that a husband is a bigger deal and part of a woman's life that she finds noteworthy).

Very rarely have I heard the above. Most of the time it was just casual conversation as part of a story.
Even girls who didn't act like they were attached casually mentioned their guy without pretense.

Seems like your wife was playing a little game - which isn't cool to do for a dose of validation. Imagine the embarrassment someone can feel in that situation. I wouldn't laugh too hard at the prospect of the single dad looking for some sort of connection. One day he may be you.

<Baelish01>

Big crane operator...?

Oh I bet, TS, I BET!

<Baelish01>

He probably found out you were a sherbro and wanted no smoke
He's been scoping TS, mirin' him from afar for weeks - maybe months. Got Mrs. Worm to set up a meet ("this guy from the kid park wants to come over for a playdate. Oh noes, he's single... you think he meant "play-date? Hahaha. Omg. Haha. Want him to come over?"

Then he's bringing pies and dessert snacks and shit. Tries to impress with his Deadpool shirt (isn't Deadpool bisexual?).

Oh he wants to smoke something. Believe you me.
<21>

Last edited:
Lmao. The word "cuck" gets throw around a bit to much these days.. but you sound like a literal cuck. The fuck you letting your wife text other dudes for? Only male she should be texting is either work or family related.

Guys who let their women have single guy friends are betas. I'd fucking snap if I found my bitch texting some other dude, hell in your case I'd be filing divorce papers ASAP. Your wife sounds like a devious slut who is also bored of you.

Name doesn't check out..

Thought you got a court order for trying to get your wife to fuck other guys..

If he's never asked if she had a significant other and your wife has not mentioned you either, you are NOT the A-side in this soon-to-be tryst.

Condolences, bro.

You should start checking her phone on the DL for awhile.

Back