• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My wife lost her battle with cancer

My wife passed away yesterday, after a 22 month battle with ovarian cancer. My son and I were with her and holding her hands when she passed.

We had been together for 35 years, and she’s always been an awesome companion to me, and an even more amazing mother to our son. Even though we’ve known this was coming for a while, it feels like a part of me died with her, but I do take comfort in knowing that her suffering is over.

@One MMA Fan , @Draxton , @Arqueto , @EvilDDS , @bigwaverider , @Green Beard thank you so much for the support and the good words while we dealt with this. This meant so much to us and she told me that I was lucky to know such caring people.

@HUGHPHUG and @Myrddin Wild , I can never thank you guys enough as you both supported us through the lowest of lows. There are no words to express how grateful I am for all you did for us, and I hope to meet you in person some day over a beer or 6.

My son and his wife are staying with me for a few weeks, and I have lots of family around so I’ll be ok. I’m sure Mrs Otto is keeping an eye on me from up there. I just need time to process things.

Much love to all my sherbros and shersis, and please hug a loved one today.

Sorry for your loss Sherbro.

Sounds like she put up a valiant fight worthy of being a Companion of The Hall.

May she sip the finest of mead alongside Tempest & Moradin.

I’m sorry to hear it, dude.

For what it’s worth, we’re all here for you.

Devastated for you just reading this message.
Sending out much love to you and your son.

My dad died to cancer when i was 9 so i know the feeling. I still hurt sometimes today and i'm 39

It's trite but I'm really sorry for your loss.

RIP Mrs Otto.

Terrible terrible news.

Sending all our love from team ClubFoot.

My deepest and most sincere apologies @Otto!
I'm so sorry to hear you are going through that...
Words will never take the sting away, but we are here for you sherbro should you need anything. It sounds like you are surrounded by loved ones, so cherish that, and them!

Cancer sucks. God bless her soul. May you and your family have the strength to endure the pain until the light of her memory fills you with more joy than pain.

Very sorry to hear, I wish you and your family the best and hope for nothing but positive vibes moving forward.

Sorry to hear man

Hey Otto! Your loving wife must have shared your kind and generous sensibilities. May her warmth continue blessing you. In shared sorrow from family members and friends. And in the wilderness you cherish.

So sorry to hear this Otto. I'm glad she was surrounded with loved ones when she passed. If there's anything I can do or if there's anything you need let me know. We're all here for you.

Fuck man, I sorry that hear that and sorry for you and your family.

Fuck Cancer

I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your wife...I know nothing we can say can make things better, but we are here for you however needed... My heart goes out to you and your family and deepest condolences.

Frankly, I don't know what to say when the loss is so great that words can provide little comfort, but I do know that I would like to be here for you and give you a hug.

200w.gif

I'm truly sorry about your loss. Cancer really sucks...such a terrible, terrible thing... may she rest in peace in beautiful heaven above...

Very sorry to hear that. My condolences.

My deepest condolences @Otto. :(

We should indeed cherish everyday. Particularly those of our inner circles.

I know words are merely words but rejoice in her spirit and energy (which are eternal).

Be Well.

Godspeed Sherbro.

My condolences to you and your family @Otto!

RIP

Did not know.

So Sorry man.

No Words.

So Very Sorry.

God bless you and your family. I can't imagine what that's like. Going out fighting just shows how strong she really was. My deepest condolences to you guys.

Condolences. May fond memories bring you smiles.

You'll see her again one day.

Fuck man I'm so sorry for you loss. I can't imagine going through that.

Oh my god, that's terrible. I'm really sorry to hear that. Wish you all the best. Take care.

RIP

So sorry for your loss sherbro.

I am so sorry to read this.

I am so encouraged by the support you have here.

I'm so sorry to hear. My heart breaks for you just reading about it. I'm glad you have good people around you. You have my deepest condolences.

That's tragic Otto. My deepest sympathies that a stand up guy is living something I have nightmares about. Going to tell my wife how much I love her and my daughter how lucky we are to have her. God bless and take care of yourself.

My condolences for your loss. May your wife rest in peace. Keep your head up, lean on your son, and make it through.

I'm so sorry for your loss brother. I know there's nothing that I can say to take away your mourning. Just know that you are loved and respected among your peers here.

I'll be praying for you and yours. Keep the faith. We love you brother.

My condolences to you and yours. Take care of yourself and those around you.

I'm sorry brother, my condolences.

Hugs!

Sorry to hear about your family's loss. My condolences

Huge thank you to all of you guys. The kindness I’m getting from this place is overwhelming.

<{1-7}>

Condolences, Otto!
RIP Otto's wife!

So sorry to hear that brother, my condolences to you and your family. You will be in my thoughts and prayers, and always reach out if you ever need anything from the Sherdog family.

My deepest condolences brother. Wishing you & your family all the strength to get through this. May she rest in peace.

That’s terrible. Sorry for your loss sherbro and please accept my condolences.

Rest in peace Mrs. Otto

Mr. Otto stay strong and I hope you can enjoy some of the time with son/DIL

I'm so sorry for your loss. You've got a place to come talk if you need us.

#Sherbros

My heart goes out to you. An awful situation for the whole family, but it is good that they are around to support you through this difficult time.

Sorry, brother. Best wishes to you and your family.

Sorry for you lost bro. My condolences to you and your family.

I'm very sorry for your loss, man. Please accept my condolences.

Sorry for your loss man.

No words can lessen the pain but i'm truely sorry for your loss.. you're one of the good guys..

Really sorry to hear that. Just saying that never feels like enough when these things happen. We're here for you if you need anything.

Sorry for your loss Otto. My condolences to you and your family during this difficult time.

I don't know you , you don't know me , but I offer you prayers and my deepest condolences.

So sorry to hear brother. I wish you the best during this terrible time of grief!

My condolences bud. Cancer sucks. I'm fortunate to be a cancer survivor; makes it all the more harder to hear when someone succumbs to it. Stay strong, you're a good man.

I'm sorry for your loss fellow Sherbro :(

I'm sorry for your loss :(

So sorry to hear this, my prayers will be with you and your family.

Sorry for your loss.

Sorry for your loss, hang in there

Terrible news. May she rest in peace. Much love Sherbro.

Jesus dude. That is awful to hear. My deepest sympathies. Thankfully she was able to pass in the presence of you and your son. May she Rest In Peace.

my deepest condolences to you and your family @Otto!

Sorry man. Honest to goddess.

Sherdog is a weird place, but damn we’ve been taking L’s lately.

FWIW I will pray for you, the lady, and your kiddos.

Take care man.

Fucking A @Otto

I feel a way about this because me and my wife beef hard as fuck but we love each other.

I love her so much.

I’d be gutted if Mrs Fugazy had to check out.

You spoke very fondly of your marriage on the forum. I’m sorry for your loss.
Thanks a million times! I was showing my son how much support I’m getting here, and he was very impressed with the kindness shown to us by strangers. Much love guys.

My condolences to you sir. That's very admirable to see that you guys have been together that long. My thoughts are with you.

I am totally gutted for your loss brother. I'm so sorry this happened.
Thank you brother. I really appreciate the support you gave us in our PMs, and the the various chats we had. And for the record, Mrs Otto thought that Frank Mir was one handsome dude.

I’m deeply saddened by your loss, I’ve always enjoyed your posts and noticed in the past how well you spoke of her and how much she meant to you.
I know this is the hardest facet of life and I’m happy that you have family around and you will all fortify each other and honor her memory and spirit.
Thank you mate. My family is helping me stay strong, and I’m including my Sherdog fam in this statement.

So sorry for your loss . . .

Sorry to hear about this bud. You're a lucky man to have friends like @Green Beard who are looking out for you.

Damn.

I'm so sorry to hear this - my condolences to you and your family

Life is as cruel as it is rewarding and I'm very sorry for your loss

Sorry to hear that man, my condolences to you and your family.

RIP

we here for you brother

condolences

Losing loved ones is impossibly difficult, my deepest condolences.

Words are never enough in times like these but I'm incredibly sorry for your loss. Cancer is an evil disease. I've seen what it can do first hand. If there's anything we can feasibly do, please let us know.

condolences, mate.
what terrible news.

Brutal man sorry for your loss

I'm sorry, I recently looked up a high school girl, when I found out she died of cancer, it set off a depression in me and that's for someone I didn't even know. Can't imagine losing someone that close.

So sorry for your loss brother. We are all here for you.

This was not a goodbye. It's more like, "I'll see you later."

Really sorry for you loss. It warms my heart to see a karate forum with users like "Captain Sausage", and "Thundercock" sending their support.

That's unfortunate, I really don't know what to say.

So sorry to hear, man.
Glad you and your son are able to be there for each other. Wishing you and your family the best under the circumstances.

I’m sorry to hear about your loss. I sent a prayer towards your direction.

That sucks. I'm sorry for your loss. I feel for you, Sherbrother.

Condolences to you and your family. I can’t even begin to imagine what you’re going through.

Hearing stuff like that just puts so much into perspective.

What is present in the distant future that we so aspire to become? Through our unities are born reflections, from which we create the experience of time. That we must arrive and pass, with undulating tides of emotion. Our only sanctuary during this cosmic exploration towards realization are moments of affection, physically and spiritually merging with another.

Ah man

I am so sorry for your loss

I'm glad you have people in your corner to help you grieve

So sorry to hear that man. 35 years is a great run, not many people these days experience that. Glad to hear your family is close to you right now

It's good to see that even with all the craziness that goes on here theres good folks looking out for each other.

So sorry to hear this. My deepest condolences to you, your son, and all of your family.

Im sorry for you and your boys loss bro. May she rest in piece now.

So sorry to hear that, Sherbro. All my best.
Thank you for the kind words brothers! Sherdog is full of good peoples.

My condolences. Lost my mother to cancer last month. She was my best friend.
Truly sorry for your loss mate. Cancer sucks. I hope that you found solace in knowing that she is no longer suffering.

We're so deeply sorry for your loss. We're all thinking of you Otto.
May she rest in peace.

Thank you Brother One. Much love
<{1-7}>

My sincerely condolences. I lost my brother to cancer and it's just devistating. Be grateful that she is finally pain free and had her loved ones with her when she passed. Most aren't that lucky. I literally arrived to town one hour before my brother passed with me and my other brother holding his hand. I am so thankful I was able to be there even though it was possibly the hardest thing I've had to see.

May she RIP sherbro.
Sorry for your brother. Having the chance to say goodbye is huge, but yes it is incredibly difficult at the same time. And I’ll say it again a thousand times, fuck cancer.

@Otto! In honor of your wife's courageous battle, my family just made a donation to the American Cancer Society. If anyone feels moved to honor her brave fight, the ACS has a minimal processing fee and these donations add up to help ensure one day, these battles will be forever in our favor. I'm thinking of you brother. Much love.
41797.png

@Otto!
My Brother...
I'm in tears.

shoop-otto-lady-support-jpg.915772

@Otto! In honor of your wife's courageous battle, my family just made a donation to the American Cancer Society. If anyone feels moved to honor her brave fight, the ACS has a minimal processing fee and these donations add up to help ensure one day, these battles will be forever in our favor. I'm thinking of you brother. Much love.
View attachment 915713
Well dun bro... I will do the same.

Attachments

• Shoop Otto & lady support.jpg
    Shoop Otto & lady support.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Back