• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My wife lost her battle with cancer

Damn. That's terrible. I'm sorry to hear that. My condolences to you and your family.

My condolences friend.

I'm so sorry to hear, I'm sure she was a wonderful woman. I'm sorry for your loss.

RIP

Sorry for your loss man. Hope you and your family can get this through. RIP.

I'm very sorry to hear that Sherbro. I hope you find some support in your close friends on Sherdog.

My deepest condolences buddy cancer is a bastard - I'm so sorry

So sorry for your loss Sherbro

That’s awful Otto. I’m really sorry this happened. Fuck cancer, that is seriously the stuff of nightmares.

Wishing you and your family all the best, and if you ever need some folks to talk to, remember that sherdog will always have your back. If there’s anything I can ever do to make your life easier or help out please message me. Thinking of you bud.

-Zebra Cheeks

So sorry to hear that. May God bless you your family and loved ones . I lost my wife to a car accident a few years back & I'm still not over it

I’m so sorry bud. I know we don’t know each other, but I am praying for you and your family.

wow, sorry to hear that,

condolences to you and your family

So sorry for your loss brother…I can’t imagine the pain and sadness…wife and I will pray for you and your family today…

Word are never enough for this kind of situation.
You only had positive things to say when talknig about her.
Can't imagine the pain of losing a soulmate.

Stay strong brother.
My condolences to you.

Sorry to hear buddy :( my wife lost her mother to the same as well. If we as sherbros can do anything hit us up.

:(

My goodness man. That's terrible...cancer is the worst but you have 35 good years of memories and that's impressive.

So sorry to hear that. My condolences.

Sorry to read that.

My condolences.

Oh man. So sorry. My condolences.

Damn bro, sorry to hear this.

Hey man, I've been thinking about death a lot recently, life is so fragile.

That's really great that she got to be a great mother and wife, now she's at peace.

I've been thinking about how we live in a block universe, that there is no chance, it's all determined and time is just a perspective of moving through the block universe a particular way. So your wife is as alive as she ever was, all those moments are still happening, just we can't see it from our perspective now. It's like they've got off the bus but they're still there, and we'll be getting off soon too and we'll still be there too.

All the best.

Most sincere condolences

I'm really sorry to hear this........

Very sorry to hear that @Otto! My thoughts are with you and your family

condolences to you and your son…:(

I'm so sorry to hear that, @Otto! :(

My deepest condolences. May you get through this difficult time. Thoughts and prayers my friend.
Your sherdog fam is here for you.
- giovanni_ss

In loving memory of Mrs. Otto.

Damn, Sherdog never ceases to amaze me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Sorry for your loss Otto, we're all here for you

I was fortunate enough to meet Mrs. Otto. I've met Otto twice, the first time was just the 2 of us, we met for beers in downtown Toronto. The second time we decided to invite our spouses and met up for dinner. We had a blast and many laughs over food and several drinks

Mrs. Otto was an extremely kind woman and you could tell that she and Otto were definitely soulmates.

When he told me what was happening on saturday, it hit me like a dagger. I told my missus and we were both shocked. Cancer sucks, and can take any one of us so quickly, so cherish your loved ones while you still have them

Again bud, we're all here for you and just reach out to us anytime
My wife only had good things to say about you and your missus as well. It’s too bad Covid and cancer got in the way of getting together again, but I will remember fondly our drinks and dinner with Mr and Mrs EvilDDS, and hope to do it again in a near future.

My wife passed away yesterday, after a 22 month battle with ovarian cancer. My son and I were with her and holding her hands when she passed.

We had been together for 35 years, and she’s always been an awesome companion to me, and an even more amazing mother to our son. Even though we’ve known this was coming for a while, it feels like a part of me died with her, but I do take comfort in knowing that her suffering is over.

@One MMA Fan , @Draxton , @Arqueto , @EvilDDS , @bigwaverider , @Green Beard thank you so much for the support and the good words while we dealt with this. This meant so much to us and she told me that I was lucky to know such caring people.

@HUGHPHUG and @Myrddin Wild , I can never thank you guys enough as you both supported us through the lowest of lows. There are no words to express how grateful I am for all you did for us, and I hope to meet you in person some day over a beer or 6.

My son and his wife are staying with me for a few weeks, and I have lots of family around so I’ll be ok. I’m sure Mrs Otto is keeping an eye on me from up there. I just need time to process things.

Much love to all my sherbros and shersis, and please hug a loved one today.

Very sorry to hear, brother. I lost my dad to lung cancer in 2008. and, to an extent, I can sympathize, but I also know losing a lifelong partner is a very different thing, and I wish you all the strength, love and grace that you need right now. It is good that your family is there as support. Your lady will be watching over you now.

Much love,

Darth

We're here for you brother and my thoughts have been with you and your family since you told us what was happening.

Stay strong and I'm glad you have your family with you as it means a lot when we have to deal with the passing of someone we love more than ourselves.

Mrs Otto will be enjoying some fried chicken and a chat with my Grandad in heaven bud.
Thank you brother. When I cross the pond to have a beer with @HUGHPHUG I will let you know, and hopefully we can have an artery-clogging fried chicken feast together. Much love

Oh man @Otto! I am so sorry for your loss. I was worried that was the reason you'd been missing but didn't want to believe it. I genuinely mean it when I say you will be in my prayers and if there is anything whatsoever that you need, I am here man. I love you buddy and you have a ton of support here with people that genuinely care about you.
Thank you for the good words in our PMs. I enjoyed reading your search and rescue thread this am. Just one more example of looking out for one another. Stay awesome!

Thank you for the good words in our PMs. I enjoyed reading your search and rescue thread this am. Just one more example of looking out for one another. Stay awesome!

You'd do the same for me bro. It is impossible not to grow close being our unfiltered selves for so many hours. We've had a lot of laughs and how selfish would we all be if we couldn't share some cries too? I meant what I said @Otto! ...one call away.

I'm sorry for your loss, @Otto!.

Idk what it's like to lose a wife and mother of your children, so I won't pretend I know what you're going through. But I've lost two family members, my best friend I ever had, two other friends, and my dog drowned, all since July, and mostly since January.

I've managed to hold it together pretty well. Death has been historically very difficult for me to deal with, probably as bad or worse than many people. That I haven't given in and lost myself after all of this has been a blessing. I hope the same for you.

I hope that you will have the mind to not focus on what you've lost, what you'll be missing, how you wish things would have gone, or what you regret. Focus on the fact that of all of the many people in this world, this woman chose to spend her life with you, and how fortunate you were to have had her. How without her, you wouldn't have the child you had together. How different everything would have been without her in your life.

You were lucky to have her, just remember, she isn't completely gone. You'll be seeing her everywhere for as long as you remain.

God bless you, bud.

Best to your family and condolences over your loss.

A few years ago we lost a family friend to the same type of cancer. She fought hard, seeing many doctors, but lived about 2 years after diagnoses also.

My wife passed away yesterday, after a 22 month battle with ovarian cancer. My son and I were with her and holding her hands when she passed.

We had been together for 35 years, and she’s always been an awesome companion to me, and an even more amazing mother to our son. Even though we’ve known this was coming for a while, it feels like a part of me died with her, but I do take comfort in knowing that her suffering is over.

@One MMA Fan , @Draxton , @Arqueto , @EvilDDS , @bigwaverider , @Green Beard thank you so much for the support and the good words while we dealt with this. This meant so much to us and she told me that I was lucky to know such caring people.

@HUGHPHUG and @Myrddin Wild , I can never thank you guys enough as you both supported us through the lowest of lows. There are no words to express how grateful I am for all you did for us, and I hope to meet you in person some day over a beer or 6.

My son and his wife are staying with me for a few weeks, and I have lots of family around so I’ll be ok. I’m sure Mrs Otto is keeping an eye on me from up there. I just need time to process things.

Much love to all my sherbros and shersis, and please hug a loved one today.
I am so sorry to hear brother.....

I’m so sorry @Otto! ,I can’t imagine what you must be going through. My gf and I are both dealing with cancer in our families right now too, so I have some understanding of how heartbreaking and difficult the battle can be. There’s really no words for something like this though, so just know that we’re all here for you, and if you need anything at all, or just need an ear to listen, just let me know.

Back