My Strength/Mass Routine.

Miguel Guerrero

Amateur Fighter
Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I'm new to this forum, been reading you all for about a week and well... I decided to register.

I'm an 18 year old spanish guy. I'm 175cm tall and I weight 73kg ( which would be 5'9 and 160 pounds ). I

Ditch the leg curls (unless you're particularly attached to them).

It looks pretty good to me.

Whats the diff. between an incline row and a t-bar row or w/e?

Cut the auxilary lifts out for now. Get used to how they rape your body, then start adding them back in.

If you're new to lifting, that is.

Ditch the leg curls (unless you're particularly attached to them).

It looks pretty good to me.

Ok ill do that, so with the squats... it'll be enough to gain strength in the Hams??

Thanks

Whats the diff. between an incline row and a t-bar row or w/e?

Incline Row:

http://perso.wanadoo.es/eltirant/imagespalda/remoincbarra.gif

T-Bar Row:

http://www.musclenutricion.com/images/remoconbarrat_579.jpg

The thing is I don't do the T-Bar Row on a Machine like the image shows... I take a Long BarBell, put weight on one side of it, stick the non weight side against the wall, I then put a dumbell on top of the none weight side of the barbell to keep it down, and I then I start rowing.

Cut the auxilary lifts out for now. Get used to how they rape your body, then start adding them back in.

If you're new to lifting, that is.

The thing is im not new to lifting, ive been doing weights for a year and a half now... went great for me... gained 13kg ( 28.6 pounds )

I am new to the Strength training, but i'm 100% sure that this is what ill dedicate my gym sesions to now... its much more practical, bodybuilding is all about the looks... I want it to be more " functional ".

You could do GHR's instead of leg curls. That would be a much more beneficial hamstring/posterior chain movement. Then again I'm a noob and I don't know shit.

Hey everyone.
MONDAY

Deadlift: 15 reps Warm Up, 5x5
Pullups with extra weight: 3x3-6
Incline BarBell Row: 3x3-6
T Barbell Row: 3x3-6
Biceps ZigZag Barbell Curl: 3x5-8

WEDNESDAY

Press Bench: 15 reps Warm Up, 5x5
Dips with extra weight: 3x3-6
Military Press: 3x3-6
Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 3x3-6
SkullCrusher: 3x5-8

FRIDAY

Deep Squat: 15 repes Warm Up, 5x5
Front Squat: 3x3-6
Leg Curl ( on Machine ): 3x15-12-10 ( i'm actually more interested in gaining strength-endurance in the Hamstrings)
Calves: 3x15-12-10

So any opinions and/or modifications are more than welcome :D

I like more of a 5x5 personally, Squatting all three days of your split.
Ditch the EZ curl bar. If you want to curl - not necessary at all - use a barbell.
Ditch the Leg curls - GHR, Good Mornings, SLDL are all good accessory lifts that work the hamstrings. Squat and DL do a lot for the hammies too.
Pick up Starting Strength by Mark Rippletoe.
Read the FAQ.

Outside of that, solid. Rock on with the weighted dips and pullups.

Stiff legged deadlifts
Glute-Ham Raises
Fixed Knee Goodmornings
RDLs
Unilateral versions

are probably better than leg curls although personally it's not a bad machine or freeweight exercise.....

you may want to cut down the volume a little bit but if you're recovering fine for time being then do whatever you're doing...just eat like a horse and sleep like a hibernating bear...

The deadlifts will do your hamstrings good; if you want more for them do stiff-legged deadlifts or good mornings.

ola amigo, my suggestions are the following:

start a new program ( SS or 5x5)
eat as much as you can, as if you have a fiesta, twice a day.

do this for about 6-8 weeks. you can pack on about 5-10 lbs of muscle

curiously, are you from latin america or spain proper?

ola amigo, my suggestions are the following:

start a new program ( SS or 5x5)
eat as much as you can, as if you have a fiesta, twice a day.

do this for about 6-8 weeks. you can pack on about 5-10 lbs of muscle

curiously, are you from latin america or spain proper?

Im not really interested in 5x5 because I prefer doing 1 Pull day, 1 Push day and 1 Leg day... don't really like having to squat 3 days, and im no into fullbody routines either... I know they work, hell they work great, but I consider important the fact that someone LIKES the routine they're doing.

Im spanish as in born in Spain. At the age of 8 I moved with my family to the US ( Kentucky ) and lived there 4 years, more than enough time for me to learn and speak english like if it were my own native language. Then I moved back to Spain.

Im not really interested in 5x5 because I prefer doing 1 Pull day, 1 Push day and 1 Leg day... don't really like having to squat 3 days, and im no into fullbody routines either... I know they work, hell they work great, but I consider important the fact that someone LIKES the routine they're doing.

Im spanish as in born in Spain. At the age of 8 I moved with my family to the US ( Kentucky ) and lived there 4 years, more than enough time for me to learn and speak english like if it were my own native language. Then I moved back to Spain.

understood... well, how much experience do you have in training? that wway, it would be easier to pick a program more suited for you.

OT: I'm part spanish.

Back