1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

my shadowboxing session (video)

Discussion in 'Standup Technique' started by pyro_09, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Maroli Brown Belt

excellent hand speed, you'll be good, get to a gym

2. Curtis Gibbs Amateur Fighter

When you throw your jab get you're shoulder into in not just tossing it out there. You have good speed and nice long arms.

When you throw your hook, remember, its not an arm movement, its a core movement. Pop your elbow so its parallel with the ground and its a straight line with your wrist/fist, and thin twist at you're trunk or waist or what ever you wanna call it.

3. bradlee180 Banned Banned

4. LiT_WiCK Brown Belt

I like your drapes

5. pyro_09 Purple Belt

thanks for the info.

6. laurent1234 Yellow Belt

Hi,
    first i think you looked good considering you have not training in a boxing gym.
    Please repost a video where we can see your hips and footwork (maybe wear some white pants instead of black ones).

One thing for sure is that you have the very good habit to not neglect breathing. unfortunetly you do not expire enough, and you fail to do it in burst...which results in tension building in your lungs and upper body, hence tiring you out.
    please release more air, but do it more clearly when the punch reaches the virtual target.

Last small thing you slightly dropped your left hand before you throw your straight.

good luck