My Routine

Curtis Gibbs

Amateur Fighter
Reaction score
This is my routine - It includes Technique,Conditioning, and Strength training

My boxing class is a variation of them all aswell. I never know what we are going to do, how ever 95% of the time we do 5 heavy heavy bag rounds, 5 skipping rounds, and sparring

Monday -
Morning run - A variation of 2 mile runs, 1 mile runs, 800 meters, and 2 minute interval runs
Boxing class

Tuesday -
5x5 Clean and press for Explosiveness for boxing
1 super light warmup set for 1x5 Deadlift since I did clean and press

Wednsday -
Morning run - A variation of 2 mile runs, 1 mile runs, 800 meters, and 2 minute interval runs
Boxing class

Thursday -

Friday -
Boxing class

Saturday
Squats 5x5 with complex training (usually vertical squat thrusts as high as possible)
Benchpress 5x5 with complex training (Medicine ball throws (straight up) while lieing down)

Ive been trying to figure out a way to incorperate all technique, strength and conditioning in the week but i cant fit so much in...

Looks good but something like 8x2 would be better for clean and jerks I think. When you say bench 5x5 w/ complex training do you mean you're supersetting after you bench or are you benching 5x5 then doing complex training? Either way I don't think bench is that good of an exercise to be donig if you can only choose 2-3 a week

8 sets of 2 reps? im doing 5x5 w/ complex training
Bench press is terrific in my opinion. It develops almost all of the upper body and its the most simular to punching.

In between sets is when I do the explosive work.

Well the olympic lifts are very technique based so doing more than 3 reps is *usually* frowned upon. 1-3 is ideal so you focus on actually being explosive and using technique

It develops almost all of the upper body and its the most simular to punching.

Well that's chill I would just suggest something like weighted dips idk

Oh I do those in my boxing class frequently aswell as chinups and pull ups

Eh... honestly squats aren't too great for boxing. You could end up gaining bulk in your legs which you really don't need for boxing. Now I know most people will say you need strong legs to drive your punches and such but thats more core twisting strength, or at least it seems like that to me.

I would not do more than 2 reps for olympic lifts....perhaps 5-8x2 or something like that..

also I'd only have 1-2 sessions a week of running and do other forms of conditioning the rest of the days...density blocks, circuits, intervals with bw exercises, etc......plus rowing or skipping rope may also be good for change..

hunto youre such a cock :D

It looks good, Id probably swap out the benching for dips though but thats just me.

Back