Wedsnday:
Squat
Stiff Leg Deadlift
Bodyweight Squats

Friday:
Bench
Incline Bench
Pushups

I try to add pull ups on mondays but I get lazy on it and dont do it.

Im turning 17 in a few weeks so am I doin a good amount for my age or should I add more excercises?

What have you done to this point? How long have you been training? What kind of set/rep/% etc scheme do you use?

In term of exercise selection you should add some type of overhead press to your program. Additionally I would switch mon with wed or wed with fri.

Fuse pullups and curls = chinups. Do them.

Assuming this is for strength training, bodyweight squats are completely useless if youre already doing barbell full squats with correct form.

Monday:
Deadlift
Bent Rows
Curls( sometimes)

Wedsnday:
Squat
Stiff Leg Deadlift
Bodyweight Squats

Friday:
Bench
Incline Bench
Pushups

I try to add pull ups on mondays but I get lazy on it and dont do it.

Im turning 17 in a few weeks so am I doin a good amount for my age or should I add more excercises?

I like how you added 'sometimes' on the curls since it's totally taboo here to admit you do direct bicep work. Go a head and do them motherfucker- you're 17, HS bitches love kids with jacked biceps. Besides there are some uses for BB curls pertaining to MMA related activities. I'd probably add some chin ups (preferably weighted) and ditch the pushups from your chest routine. Also add in an over head press, and maybe a horizontal pull up or face pull for the rear delts- no, not just for aesthetics, but also to stabilize your rotator cuff and to makes sure your posture doesn't get FUBAR'd from the chest exercises. And tell us what reps/sets you want to do.

OH! and Abdominal shit. As a 17yr old that should have been the first thing you added into your routine.

I like how you added 'sometimes' on the curls since it's totally taboo here to admit you do direct bicep work. Go a head and do them motherfucker- you're 17, HS bitches love kids with jacked biceps. Besides there are some uses for BB curls pertaining to MMA related activities. I'd probably add some chin ups (preferably weighted) and ditch the pushups from your chest routine. Also add in an over head press, and maybe a horizontal pull up or face pull for the rear delts- no, not just for aesthetics, but also to stabilize your rotator cuff and to makes sure your posture doesn't get FUBAR'd from the chest exercises. And tell us what reps/sets you want to do.

OH! and Abdominal shit. As a 17yr old that should have been the first thing you added into your routine.

I don't think anyone says that you shouldn't do curls, I think they are saying you shouldn't have a curling routine. Some of the most powerful lifters in the world do some sort of curl every week. They don't specialize in it and hit the bicep from 15 different angles though. :) Abs are good too, but just do heavy ab stuff to strengthen you up for heavier squats etc...

"Like mustard, curls have their place. You want to put mustard on a ham sandwich, you're okay. You want to eat a bowlful of mustard, you're an idiot." - flak

As has been said, bodyweight squats and push-ups won't do much for your max strength but if you are doing them for some endurance work at the end of your workout then go for it.

In regards to ztt1's comments, the TS is already doing a horizontal pull in the form of rows.

"Like mustard, curls have their place. You want to put mustard on a ham sandwich, you're okay. You want to eat a bowlful of mustard, you're an idiot." - flak

As has been said, bodyweight squats and push-ups won't do much for your max strength but if you are doing them for some endurance work at the end of your workout then go for it.

In regards to ztt1's comments, the TS is already doing a horizontal pull in the form of rows.

I understand about the rows, but they just do not work the teres major or the rhomboids as much as horizontal/inverted pull ups. THere is no better counter movement for the bench press , then the horizontal pullup/inverted pull up. Then again I have bad shoulders and this is advice from really experienced athletes/lifters and physios who drilled the concept into me. Regardless, if you don't have shoulder problems/ bad posture you can probably get away with just rows, but I'd do the inverted pull ups too- I mean, you can't hurt.

That's probably true but couldn't you get the same effect by doing a barbell row with your elbow flared more instead of pulling them right up by your sides? Not that inverted rows are bad it's just that it's easier to load barbell rows.

Back