My Routine, open for suggestions....

AxeGrinder

Purple Belt
Reaction score
ok, here it is...looking to improve over all strength, and definitely want to get bigger in the process...I'm trying to keep things as basic as possible on the bigger lifts, except for grip training, which is my favorite...

Generally on all the big lifts I try to keep it lower reps, more sets...

Monday: Deadlifts, Upright Rows, Bent over Rows
Tuesday: Sqauts, (open for something else on this day, need suggestions)
Wednesday: Bench Press, Dumbell Press
Thursday: (grip day), COC's, Pinch Block, Thick-Bar, Rope Climbing, basically whatever I feel like doing...
Friday: Recover, maybe a short run
Saturday: (bodyweight stuff) Push-ups, Pull-ups, Dips, weighted dips
Sunday: not really sure what to do on this day, suggestions?..

anyway, if it seems a little too basic, its becuase I have a job where I lift alot to begin with (I work at a nursery where I lift trees and shit all day), and I also do alot of training for boxing so, cant spend all the time lifting...

I wonder why you squat and deadlift on back-to-back days. I think you might make better progress if you were to spread them out more. You might deadlift Monday, squat Friday, and then recover on Saturdays and Tuesdays (with your lighter bodyweight stuff on Sundays). You could really spread them out however you want to, but I think you definitely should have a minimum of 72 hours between hard sessions of those two lifts--a minimum.

Also, I wouldn't sweat having 2 off days in there. With extra boxing training and whatnot, you might need them.

It doesn't hurt to have two rest days per week.

And I agree that having squats and deadlifts on consecutive days is too much if you are going to lift heavy on both days.

include some pullups in there at least. i do deads on my leg day and have a separate day for the back.

onslaught61 said:
include some pullups in there at least. i do deads on my leg day and have a separate day for the back.

if you look where I said bodyweight day, I mentioned pullups in there...

mon: lower body
tue: active rest
wed: horizontal and vertical pressing
thu:MMA
fri: GPP/bodyweight
sat:MMA
sun:rest

BabyPhenom said:
mon: lower body
tue: active rest
wed: horizontal and vertical pressing
thu:MMA
fri: GPP/bodyweight
sat:MMA
sun:rest

I do my boxing before I do all of this, so there is no point to have specific days for that, since boxing is every day no matter what...plus I'm getting into lifting a lot more now, its fun...

Thats jut my suggestion since you also want to allow some rest days.

AxeGrinder said:
I do my boxing before I do all of this, so there is no point to have specific days for that, since boxing is every day no matter what...plus I'm getting into lifting a lot more now, its fun...

I would do

Monday: Deadlifts,, Weighted Chin Ups
Thursday: (grip day), COC's, Pinch Block, Thick-Bar, Rope Climbing, basically whatever I feel like doing...
Sunday: Stretching, all kinds

AxeGrinder said:
if you look where I said bodyweight day, I mentioned pullups in there...

my bad, but i would do them on back day. incorporate your bodyweight stuff to the corresponding days would be better imo.

Duncon76 said:
I would do

Monday: Deadlifts,, Weighted Chin Ups
Sunday: Stretching, all kinds

no leg work?

Back