My Revelation About All 3 Blade Movies. (Spoilers in OP)

KnockoutsGalore

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I can't imagine anyone would be too spoiled, given how long they've been out, but you've been warned if you haven't seen the movies.

So... This may have been thought of or brought up, but I'm sitting here watching Blade II, the best IMHO, and realized that Blade loses the climactic fight in all three movies and has to be bailed out.

Blade 1: Wins the initial confrontation until La Magra starts kicking his ass and he needs the EDTA to win a sword fight.

Blade II: Loses first encounter with Nomak, needs sunlight to help. 2nd fight gets absolutely dominated by Nomak, like 10-7 domination, until he sneaks a shiv into the fight and shanks him.

Blade Trinity: good back and forth until Drake gets the upper hand on him and is preparing a killing blow when he needs both a distraction and weapon that his manager basically slipped to him to end the fight.

I know it's trivial, but it had never occurred to me before.

Thoughts?

You obviously have no idea who you're FOOLING with

Blade got dat rope-a-dope style brah

Yea but that builds drama. How many times in old school pro wrestling did you see the face get beaten up until he turns the tide on the heel. Plus blade had just gone through frosts crew singlehandedly before havi g to fight Dorff himself. Gonna be a little gassed bro, gotta level the playing field.

As I say in any blade-related thread---Blade has the best introduction of its hero character of any and all comic book based films. Keatons batman is up there too but in my mind Blade is the top and has held that title through tons of subsequent marvel movies and DC reboots.

"Some Futhermuker is always trying to ice-skate uphill....!"

Yea but that builds drama. How many times in old school pro wrestling did you see the face get beaten up until he turns the tide on the heel. Plus blade had just gone through frosts crew singlehandedly before havi g to fight Dorff himself. Gonna be a little gassed bro, gotta level the playing field.

As I say in any blade-related thread---Blade has the best introduction of its hero character of any and all comic book based films. Keatons batman is up there too but in my mind Blade is the top and has held that title through tons of subsequent marvel movies and DC reboots.

But, to use your analogy, he'd end up being the heel... As a cheater. He's like the heel that's losing the title fight until his manager slips him the chaulk/chair/green mist tablet/leather strap/sledgehammer/python/ring bell/ring bell's hammer and what have you.

That said, I still think he's one of the most badass characters in superhero lore. Got a little lame in Trinity, but... Shit happens.

"Sit your five-dollar ass down before I make change."

But i enjoy the Blade series. HHH in the third was pretty funny and the last sword fight in that one was really good.

wesley-snipes-no-o.gif

Acc. to Patton Oswalt nobody other than Reynolds&Biel gave a shit about Blade trinity

Acc. to Patton Oswalt nobody other than Reynolds&Biel gave a shit about Blade trinity

That's pretty sad considering how big of a comic book guy he is. Must have been some shit going down on set, besides the horrible script. The original script was much better from what I remembered.

I'll agree about Blade's opening scene. Blew my mind when I first saw it.

The first 2 movies in the series are just pure badassery. Snipes was a perfect casting choice for that role

I'll agree about Blade's opening scene. Blew my mind when I first saw it.

The first 2 movies in the series are just pure badassery. Snipes was a perfect casting choice for that role

Hell yea, loved them both

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back