My Revelation About All 3 Blade Movies. (Spoilers in OP)

wesley-snipes-no-o.gif

Haha great gif. Now there's an awesome movie too.

I get my dad cracking up whenever I quote that scene with Michael Badlaucco and Nicholas Turturro and co. where Badaluccos like " my mothers not black. Aint you heard of dark Italians." Anthony Quinn also makes us laugh and shake our heads. As an Italian American we find it sort of amusing cuz there's elderly people from the family who act pretty much like Quinn's character in that. I think that film is right up there with Lees best- Malcolm x, do the right thing, clockers.

I'll agree about Blade's opening scene. Blew my mind when I first saw it.

The first 2 movies in the series are just pure badassery. Snipes was a perfect casting choice for that role

Absolutely true. About as perfect casting as you can get there.

A win is a win, even when you have to kick a field goal to achieve it.

Everyone is forgetting,there's no rules in a fight.plus there is only 2 blade films!

Blade 1: Wins the initial confrontation until La Magra starts kicking his ass and he needs the EDTA to win a sword fight.

La Magra was on PED's, Blade just used EDTA to even the fight

Blade II: Loses first encounter with Nomak, needs sunlight to help. 2nd fight gets absolutely dominated by Nomak, like 10-7 domination, until he sneaks a shiv into the fight and shanks him.

Nothing wrong with that. Nomak was using everything he had to fight Blade, so Blade did the same. You can't complain when a character uses his inventory to his advantage. Look at batman.

And that is all of the Blade movies.

I don't even acknowledge Blade III's existence... Good soundtrack though.

A win is a win, doesn't matter if he's been getting his ass kicked. He won all those fights fair and square.

I want a Blade remake set in London with Ashley Walters as Blade, off-topic I know and Wesley Snipes is God mode but still...

I've been hoping for a prequel for a long time.

I also kinda dug the TV series tbh. Not award worthy or whatever but pretty entertaining. Too bad that they canceled it.

I've been hoping for a prequel for a long time.

I also kinda dug the TV series tbh. Not award worthy or whatever but pretty entertaining. Too bad that they canceled it.

I still think poor casting is what cost the tv series.

Blade 1 is still one of my favorite movies of all time. The bloodrave sequence was off the page.

see that is why people are never going to like Supermans character and they do like Blade and similar antiheroes. Superman wins all the time without a sweat (not counting Doomsday, he was specifically engineered to defeat Supes). And he's also a great guy. With no flaws whatsoever. That's one of the reasons the general public dislikes Supes. People cannot identify with him.

And then there's Blade. Not saying people identify with a half-vampire half human at the peak of physical strength with a fetish for black leather and assorted silver and metal blades, but you know what i mean. He's not THE best fighter out there nor the strongest one but he manages to win while facing challenges and making mistakes. He falls for the woman he shouldn't have (Blade 2). he doesn't wont to work in a team (Blade 3) bcs he feels responsible for what happened to Whistler but ultimately accepts help in order to win a greater cause.

"needs sunlight" comment is stupid (no diss), bcs that's one of the legitimate tactics to defeat a vampire. You could also say La Magra needed magic/ocultism to defeat Blade. Nomak had DNA engineering. Drake is a freakin Dracula, c'mon.

TLDR: Blade is awesome.

Patton Oswalt on behind the scenes problems with Blade 3:
http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/blade/23553/the-behind-the-scenes-problems-with-blade-trinity

"He wouldn't come out of his trailer and he would smoke weed all day", recalls Oswalt. "Then I remember one day on the set- they let everyone pick their own clothes - there was one black actor who was also kind of a club kid. And he wore this shirt with the word 'Garbage' on it in big stylish letters. It was his shirt. And Wesley came down to the set, which he only did for close-ups. Everything else was done by his stand-in. I only did one scene with him. But he comes on and goes, 'There’s only one other black guy in the movie, and you make him wear a shirt that says ‘Garbage?’ You racist mothefucker!' And he tried to strangle the director, David Goyer".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back