My Quest for Strength

Jake Pudenz

Green Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
I have never kept any sort of a training log so I figured now would be as good of a time as any to start due to the fact that I just got done with a deloading/gpp week and am ready to come back and lift heavy shit again.

I will try to update this as often as I can and post videos when I have someone to take them.

Just as a background on myself, I have always been interested in lifting weights but I had no clue what the fuck I was doing. During the time when I started fighting about four years ago is when I started figuring out how to really got strong. Since I got back from Thailand in January I have focused all of my attention towards getting stronger. I have fallen in love with strength athletics for the time being and, as of right now, strongman is my main pursuit but I am sure that I will fight again along with way. I am currently 22 years old, 6 ft tall and 225 lbs

If anyone has any comments, anything to say or anything to ask about what I am doing, I welcome it all.

I am just going to start out tonight by posting any PRs that I can remember and then tomorrow morning will by my first training session of a new cycle and I will update what I trained then. Also, as a side note, all of my PRs and weights recorded will be in pounds.

PRs:
Squat- 405x2
Front Squat- 315x5
Deadlift-520
Trap Bar Deadlift- 575
Full Olympic Style Clean- 315.5
Axel Clean and Press- 265
Split Jerk- 300
SOHP- 189
Push Press- 242
Vertical Jump- 29.5 in

This morning I we did deadlifts. I was hoping to pull better than I did but I got a double overhand PR so I can't complain too much.

The first five sets were each a deadlift into a shrug and then the weight was RDLed back down to the knees and then dropped. Each set was also paired with some sort of a torso movement and some sort of a hip activation/strengthening movement.

5x135
4x225
3x295
2x345
2x365
2x385
2x435
1x457
1x479
*all were double overhand grip

Last edited:
Back