1. We now have a new forum called Fantasy Matchup Discussion. Access it here

My Quest for Strength

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Jake Pudenz, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Jake Pudenz

Jake Pudenz Green Belt Professional Fighter

I have never kept any sort of a training log so I figured now would be as good of a time as any to start due to the fact that I just got done with a deloading/gpp week and am ready to come back and lift heavy shit again.

I will try to update this as often as I can and post videos when I have someone to take them.

Just as a background on myself, I have always been interested in lifting weights but I had no clue what the fuck I was doing. During the time when I started fighting about four years ago is when I started figuring out how to really got strong. Since I got back from Thailand in January I have focused all of my attention towards getting stronger. I have fallen in love with strength athletics for the time being and, as of right now, strongman is my main pursuit but I am sure that I will fight again along with way. I am currently 22 years old, 6 ft tall and 225 lbs

If anyone has any comments, anything to say or anything to ask about what I am doing, I welcome it all.

I am just going to start out tonight by posting any PRs that I can remember and then tomorrow morning will by my first training session of a new cycle and I will update what I trained then. Also, as a side note, all of my PRs and weights recorded will be in pounds.

PRs:
    Squat- 405x2
    Front Squat- 315x5
    Deadlift-520
    Trap Bar Deadlift- 575
    Full Olympic Style Clean- 315.5
    Axel Clean and Press- 265
    Split Jerk- 300
    SOHP- 189
    Push Press- 242
    Vertical Jump- 29.5 in

2. Jake Pudenz

Jake Pudenz Green Belt Professional Fighter

This morning I we did deadlifts. I was hoping to pull better than I did but I got a double overhand PR so I can't complain too much.

The first five sets were each a deadlift into a shrug and then the weight was RDLed back down to the knees and then dropped. Each set was also paired with some sort of a torso movement and some sort of a hip activation/strengthening movement.

5x135
    4x225
    3x295
    2x345
    2x365
    2x385
    2x435
    1x457
    1x479
    *all were double overhand grip

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010