My old 89 Corrola got impounded..what are my options?

leave it there and get a new car. at least here in chicago the storage fees are like 110$ a day plus a couple hundred to get it out so a lot of people just never get then back if its an old shitty car

Damn, Cali is fucking strict. Sucks for you dude.

I would call them and ask them to donate it.

I live in California. It was broke down & not worth much. Can i just let them have it? i was gonna get it fixed but didn't get around to it, i honestly don't even want the dam thing that much.

parked on the street in front of my apartment with expired tags. it wasn't in no ones way, some cop just had nothing better to do with his time & had it towed.
In California, even if you let the yard kept it you still are liable for the fine & fees.

Car was probably towed because someone called the police department about it: car parked in the same place for an extended period of time (many cities in California have a local ordinance stating a vehicle can only be parked on the street in the same place for 72 hours) with expired tags, people call the cops on those all the time. Especially if off street parking is scarce.

How long ago was your registration due? It has to be past 6 months for that to be the sole reason for the tow but as I stated, parking for an extended period of time and also leaving a non working vehicle parked on a public street are both reasons a vehicle can legally be towed, valid registration or not.

Damn, Cali is fucking strict. Sucks for you dude.

I would call them and ask them to donate it.

Actually California is pretty lenient in regards to expired registration, they give you a 6 month grace period before your car can be towed for just an expired registration.
The monetary penalties for late registration aren't lenient though; over 31 days late and it is a 60% penalty fee.

either get it out quick, or sign it over quick. avoid the storage fees. but if the impounds fees are less than say...$250, get it out. you can sell the car yourself to a scrap metal company for some cash. my bro sold his dead '95 camry to a scrap metal company for $250. but whatever you do, decide quick.

6a00d83420523653ef0168ebd716e6970c-pi

Damn, is it worth it to get it back? Maybe just try to get another car.

Back