My old 89 Corrola got impounded..what are my options?

NastyNate11

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I live in California. It was broke down & not worth much. Can i just let them have it? i was gonna get it fixed but didn't get around to it, i honestly don't even want the dam thing that much.

parked on the street in front of my apartment with expired tags. it wasn't in no ones way, some cop just had nothing better to do with his time & had it towed.

Why did it get impounded? Bad registration, parked over 72 hours, parked where it wasn't supposed to? Also did it get impounded, usually 30 days or just towed and stored?

Edit: Was registration expired more than 6 months? If so you have to get that fixed first then you can get it out of the tow company's lot. Otherwise you can let them keep it if the cost of the impound fees will be recouped from them selling it. Otherwise the tow company can sue you for fees.

just towed and stored, i thought they impounded them right away. it just happened

break into the tow company and steal it back. Watch episodes of Lizard Lick towing on youtube in order to get ideas on how you go about it.

break into the tow company and steal it back. Watch episodes of Lizard Lick towing on youtube in order to get ideas on how you go about it.

Lol, don't listen him TS.

Just break in, you can do it. Trust me, anytime you get if your caught will be better spent in jail than watching that train wreck of a show.

Why did it get impounded? Bad registration, parked over 72 hours, parked where it wasn't supposed to? Also did it get impounded, usually 30 days or just towed and stored?

Edit: Was registration expired more than 6 months? If so you have to get that fixed first then you can get it out of the tow company's lot. Otherwise you can let them keep it if the cost of the impound fees will be recouped from them selling it. Otherwise the tow company can sue you for fees.

I once had a crash and my car was a write off.

It got towed to some centre and they said they could sell the wreck, I told them to sell it.

2 months later they came back to me and said I owed them like $2,000 for storing the wreck.

Had I not had the email of me telling them to sell it I would have had to pay.

Moral of the story, just because its not worth much to you for them to store doesn't mean they will not charge a hell of a lot for it.

I saw a pretty nice Bentley on the way home from work.

I would probably just get one of those, TS, and forget about that rusty old Corolla.

Some tow companies are extremely shady, so like HIMBOB said, get everything in writing if you are gonna leave it there.

well its probably not worth much, might as well let it go. They will sell it for scrap

Leave it there. In a couple of years, it would be an artifact

Lol, don't listen him TS.

Just break in, you can do it. Trust me, anytime you get if your caught will be better spent in jail than watching that train wreck of a show.

alternatively you could go to the impound lot and allegedly firebomb your vehicle. Then go to the lot a few days later and tell them you've come for you car. Then when they say someone firebombed it, threaten to sue them.

Send them a thank you note.

Theyre gonna sell it and still charge you for tow and impound fees
You need to call them asap and try to sign it over to them now because each day its in their yard is another day they'll be charging you for

Back