My OCD to a new level, how bad is yours?

I understand dude. I have my many unexplainable compulsions. Most of mine are mental repetition stuff. I used to have more physical compulsions, but I've learned to adapt to mental compulsions to avoid being labeled as a crazy. That would be a problem at my job. My symptoms started at 23, and I'm 37 now. So, I've had time to adapt and evolve. I hear you about the meds too. The side effects are much worse than the actual problem.

I guess it's good to know we aren't alone in our misery. Mine started a long long time ago. My first real memory of it (other than my mom telling me I used to arrange my dinosaurs in alphabetical order and get pissed when she moved them) is the whole "complete letter" thing when doing homework in 6th grade. I trade explaining this problem I was having to my mom and started crying because neither of us understood.

My physical compulsions drive me way more insane than my mental. I don't want to even bring some of them up because I've kind of not been doing them lately... the pressure thing has hit hardcore since mentioning though.

FUCK medication btw. Fuck them and everything about them. Weed.

It made my life a living hell. I didn't have any compulsions, just the obsessive part. I'm planning on seeing a therapist, and seeing if he can work out some final kinks that are left. It caused me so much distress in my life, but it finally started settling down after I started applying some self-therapy I suppose you could say. But I am feeling pretty optimistic about everything. Funny enough, I don't have an issue with things like germs at all. Just repetitive, scary thoughts that were troubling me.

If I lived in Philthadelphia I'd probably have OCD as well.

Has anyone resolved or lessened their OCD with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?? I need to get into this bad for all sorts of reasons.

I have ocd with doors. Every time I leave the house I check the door 5-7 times to make sure its closed. Same thing with car windows.

I never had this problem with the doors at home, but I did with lockers in school. I would shut it, go down the hall, and then feel a massive compulsion to come all the way back and check it. Sometimes I did it two or three times in a row, and I never actually failed to shut it, so it was pretty irrational.

FUCK medication btw. Fuck them and everything about them. Weed.

I'd avoid weed if I was you. It's only going to make it worse in the long term. The only thing that provides me with any sort of relief is jogging. It doesn't help my OCD per se. But, it lowers my overall anxiety, which helps reduce the OCD symptoms.

My symptoms wax and wane. Right now, I'm in the easy period.

I'll bet that you'll eventually adapt to mental rituals.

Now that you mention it, I was wrong. I had OCD symptoms as a kid. They mostly involved erasing over and over again to the point of ripping the paper, as well as hair pulling. But, for some reason, they went away during adolescence. They didn't reemerge until I was 23. Then, they started as touching, even numbers, cracks in the ground, and symmetry. But, as I said, they've evolved over the years. Now, they mostly involve mentally repeating certain phrases set amounts of times, usually in groups of threes.

II don't touch anything in public restrooms but the toilet, and I never take dumps in public restrooms unless I'm about to shit myself. Bathroom germs freak me out.

Your wife is pregnant which means soon you will have a pooping,peeing,throwing up pile of baby. Good luck with that....

I wash my hands a lot during the day but to crowd my life with such defensive measures seems like a waste of time. Are you afraid of death so much or a sniffle to waste half your life worrying about it? I am curious as how people cure(re-wire their brain) to get passed these kinds of disorders.

This, you would save some time running back and forth to the washroom too.

I do have sanitizer but I've read articles on how the overuse of sanitizer can have a lesser effect of killing germs in the long term. So I use it only when there's no bathroom around.

I swear I have a specific OCD where I have to bother people with OCD.

I guess it's good to know we aren't alone in our misery. Mine started a long long time ago. My first real memory of it (other than my mom telling me I used to arrange my dinosaurs in alphabetical order and get pissed when she moved them) is the whole "complete letter" thing when doing homework in 6th grade. I trade explaining this problem I was having to my mom and started crying because neither of us understood.

My physical compulsions drive me way more insane than my mental. I don't want to even bring some of them up because I've kind of not been doing them lately... the pressure thing has hit hardcore since mentioning though.

When I was a kid I used to spend 10 minutes making sure my alarm was on...I turned it off, watched the alarm dot disappear...turned it back on, watched the dot reappear and repeat 30-40 times haha. I am glad to say through the years the amount of time lessened to probably 30 secs these days.

I do have sanitizer but I've read articles on how the overuse of sanitizer can have a lesser effect of killing germs in the long term. So I use it only when there's no bathroom around.

ditto

You guys spend so much time and pain avoiding the flu.....I'd rather get the flu once a year than go through all that stuff.

Just a question for you OCD guys. How would you react if you had a ton of anxiety going and you were in the middle of a ritual and someone tied you up to keep you from doing it? Would you lose your mind? Can't you take the rational part of your brain and use it to control the part of your brain that is doing these pointless rituals?

You guys spend so much time and pain avoiding the flu.....I'd rather get the flu once a year than go through all that stuff.

Just a question for you OCD guys. How would you react if you had a ton of anxiety going and you were in the middle of a ritual and someone tied you up to keep you from doing it? Would you lose your mind? Can't you take the rational part of your brain and use it to control the part of your brain that is doing these pointless rituals?

i would start crying and screaming to stop

I sanitize my work station with moist towlettes every day when I come in - keyboard, mouse, telephone, camera controller, and a couple spots on the desk that get touched frequently.

When I take the c-train I never touch the rails, I either sit down or lean against a barrier.

I die a little inside when someone wants to shake hands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back