My OCD to a new level, how bad is yours?

You guys spend so much time and pain avoiding the flu.....I'd rather get the flu once a year than go through all that stuff.

Just a question for you OCD guys. How would you react if you had a ton of anxiety going and you were in the middle of a ritual and someone tied you up to keep you from doing it? Would you lose your mind? Can't you take the rational part of your brain and use it to control the part of your brain that is doing these pointless rituals?

Thanks. You've solved the problem that psychiatry and psychology haven't been able to. I know that I feel better now.

Why are all of those people bothering with that stupid cancer. It seems pointless to me. I'd just not get cancer, if I were them.

You're an idiot, and I mean that in the nicest way.

i would start crying and screaming to stop

Not if you learned to ritualize mentally. Give it a shot. When you have an obsession, replace your normal ritual with a mental one. Eventually, you'll get so good at it that others won't notice when your in the middle of an attack.

You guys spend so much time and pain avoiding the flu.....I'd rather get the flu once a year than go through all that stuff.

Just a question for you OCD guys. How would you react if you had a ton of anxiety going and you were in the middle of a ritual and someone tied you up to keep you from doing it? Would you lose your mind? Can't you take the rational part of your brain and use it to control the part of your brain that is doing these pointless rituals?

Personally I wouldn't lose my mind...but I would be thinking about completing the ritual at the first free moment I have...that's using the rational side of my brain

OCD is a piece of **** disorder.If i touch something once i need to do it 3 more times.

It should be 4 otherwise i will go crazy.Also symmetry,fuck my life.If my PC monitor is perfectly aligned i still check it again and again and again to see if it's aligned.

Your brain goes crazy with OCD.Thats the compulsive part.

OCD is a piece of **** disorder.If i touch something once i need to do it 3 more times.

It should be 4 otherwise i will go crazy.Also symmetry,fuck my life.If my PC monitor is perfectly aligned i still check it again and again and again to see if it's aligned.

Your brain goes crazy with OCD.Thats the compulsive part.

Don't worry dude. R Smith has it figured out.

Lol he thinks it's that easy.It's not about rationality.You cant think your way out of OCD and you cant ignore it.It stays with you at the back of your head and makes sure to drive you up the wall if you dont get it out of the way.

Has anyone resolved or lessened their OCD with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?? I need to get into this bad for all sorts of reasons.

I had some compulsive behavior, then I decided to become a true alpha and not bother with that shit. The first three weeks were hard: I threw my gym shoes in trash and discovered that I had brought the garbage bag to the gym. The mailman politely left the paper in my living room when I had forgot to close the door...etc

Eventually I learned to cope and developed good habits that doesn't require repetitive checking.

I asked a legit question about it. Either answer it or ignore it. When did I say I had it figured out anyway? Acting like an annoying sarcastic high school kid in need of an attitude adjustment doesn't help the conversation at all.

I used to do semi OCD things and I still do once in a while. I used to make sure not to step on cracks or to step on every other crack in the sidewalk. I've done face touching deals or little things like widened my eyes because it felt good. When I notice I'm doing these things, I think ok I need to make an effort to knock this off. It doesn't happen overnight but eventually I stop doing whatever ritual it was.

I don't know much about OCD but maybe it's like quitting drugs? Drug addicts don't want to go through that withdrawal stage, but once they're past it, life without drugs becomes a lot easier to maintain. Maybe people with OCD just need a detox stage in a way where their anxiety runs wild for a few days while they don't do these rituals but it starts to fade away once they realize life goes on just the same without them? I don't know, I'm just guessing here.

Obviously OCD is caused by your own brain, so why can't you use your own brain to fix it? Am I really an idiot for thinking this way or are you an idiot for not thinking this way? A lot of people try to rely on another person's brain (psychiatrist) to fix their problems. Yet when I ask a question wondering why you can't use your own brain to fix it, I'm the bad guy here.

BTW Charles, you might want to stop comparing cancer to OCD if you're going to start calling people idiots.

I don't have any problems. I am a perfect human being.

Please like me.

My kitten continuously tosses litter around after sitting ing the box. Non stop for five minutes, scoopscoopscoopscoopscoooooop. Stupid OCD bitch.

I don't have any problems. I am a perfect human being.

Please like me.

tumblr_m67otfpGW71ry1rm7o1_400.gif

People with OCD know that their obsessions and compulsions are both irrational. That's why they have OCD and not schizophrenia. What makes OCD so troubling to the sufferer is the fact that he knows that he's being irrational, but he can't do anything about it. That's why they are called compulsions; he feels that he must complete the ritual or action.

Out of curiosity are you considered hypervigilant?

TS, just get the flu jab and you can return to mingling amongst large crowds and not bathing.

I'm really tidy, but compared to some of my slob friends i'm probably "OCD".
I was, for a period of time on a particular combination of head meds that did give me legit ocd. Walk up three stairs, down one on my way out my basement level apartment. Door locking routines. Especially with my car, every time I was going into a store I would double back three times after a pre determined amount of steps to look in at the locks from the drivers window. All sorts of weird shit, the constant reorganization of my book shelf by height, width, chronological order as to when the book was published vs bought.
Holy shit it was exhausting. The meds also gave me a shit ton of other intense side effects without ever really helping the problem. Glad that period of my life is over with.

They aren't rituals. It's not like a superstitious pregame thing. It's a compulsion and at least in my case, yes I've had to learn to ignore the compulsions when I have to.

They aren't rituals. It's not like a superstitious pregame thing. It's a compulsion and at least in my case, yes I've had to learn to ignore the compulsions when I have to.

They call the act rituals as well. It has a different meaning than the rituals you're thinking of.

Washing hands=/=hand sanitizer.

Get real people.

IT'S A LIE.

Back