my new workout program

slayer36

Blue Belt
Reaction score
day 1-pull
1.repetition pull-
pullups for reps
2. db rows 3x 6-10
3. random back excercise (chinups, rows, whatever im in the mood for)
4. rear delt raises-3 x 10-12
5. hammer curls 3x 6-10, wrist roller
ab work

day 3
1. squats or deads- 5x5
2. random leg excercise- (lunges, etc.) 6-10
3. lower back work (hyperextensions, sldl)
4. shrugs 3x 6-10
6. grip work

day 5-
1. max effort push- barbell bench, work up to 5 rep max
2. incline db press 3x6-10
3. oh db press 3x6-10
4. tricep bench or db bench- 3x6-12
5. weighted dips - 3x 6-12
rotator cuff,
abs

day 6- random day
cardio, grip, whatever needs some work

day 8-repeat

every 2 weeks, the repetition days and max effort days rotate.
so on week 3, day 1 is a max effort pull, so i will work up to a 5 rep max in the pullup.
day 5 in week 3 will be a repetition push excercise, for a 15 rep max. this 2 week rotation continues until a rest week.
repetition days will periodically by used as dynamice days, so there will be a dynamic pullup day/bench day every know and then.

my goals are size/strength.

*yes, i did get the idea from defranco's program.

haha what?
there are "ors" because those excercises vary, if i just put one excercises there it wouldnt be true.
right now my BW is 195.

My 5 rep max in the bench is 225, this while go up because i have not been doing it lately, i have been concentrating on my db bench, and my 5 rep max in that is w/ the 105 dbls.
my squat and deadlift max i am not sure of. i have not done them in awhile due to a back injury and am just starting to get back into the swings of things with them. before my back injury i could squat 400 and do 225 x20, so that is where I am comming from.

its not retarted, i am comming off of a back injury and dont want to push it. i also have a job where i am bending over all day so i dont want to kill my lower back.

i have them on a different day because weighted pullups are a lot more important to me right now then deads. my personal big three is squats, bench, and weighted pullups.

i am glad to see that you have a mature, sophisticated sense of humor, and have probably never workded a manual labor job in your life...

slayer36 said:
i also have a job where i am bending over all day so i dont want to kill my lower back..

this job wouldn't happen to involve picking up soap would it?

whats "tricep bench"?

day 5 seems like a lot of pressing.

yet another example of why the strength and power discussion has become a cess pool

slayer36 said:
tricep bench= close grip bench

aight. like i said, seems like a whole lot of pressing. also, id be concerned with my upper back getting too fried for deadlifting. also, some extra posterior chain work on day 3 couldnt hurt (good mornings, sldl, romanian deadlifts, etc)

on day 3 i usually do sldl or back extensions or both

(excercises # 3)

are you splitting your leg day based on quad dominant and hip dominant movements? I like the routine but I'd suggest that instead of doing hypers, do reverse hypers or glute ham raises.

i am not really to concerned with my legs/core. they are both very strong and serve their purpose. my main concern is tweaking the 2 upper body days.

remy- it may seem like a lot of pressing, but it has worked good and is the same amount of excercises in both urbans/carnals recommended pressing days.

wenispinkle said:
slayer check out www.mmaathletes.com

alot less people who are completely retarded.

enjoy

If you're a crossfit whore; there are other training theories that are viable.

I would divide upperbody days based on planes rather than movements. Just my 2 cents.

slayer36 said:
i am not really to concerned with my legs/core. they are both very strong and serve their purpose. my main concern is tweaking the 2 upper body days.

remy- it may seem like a lot of pressing, but it has worked good and is the same amount of excercises in both urbans/carnals recommended pressing days.

Back