My new favorite lift

Matt,

A lot of times, tight hamstrings can also be the reason for hip tuck at the bottom of a squat. The hamstrings will lengthen has the hips get pushed back and the back stays in extension. Once the hamstrings reach their end point, the hips tuck and the lumbar area goes into flexion (rounds). Ankle mobility could also be a culprit, but more than not I think it's usually the hams. With all that said, most people can't do true ATG squats without some lumbar rounding.

Good post. Also, in terms of ankle mobility, oly shoes help a lot. No matter how limber you are, a good set of shoes will do wonders for your oly style squatting, and there's a reason they all wear them.

What is the deal with grip on these. I imagine doing mixed grip that wide wouldnt feel very comfortable. Double overhand? Hook grip? Straps?

I go as heavy as I can double overhand then use straps.

So I added these into my routine for the first time tonite and loved it. After readin' about snatch grip in the pub, I probably had my hands too far apart, but I liked it. I stood on 2 45s (stacked). Was easier for me to keep form than a normal deadlift. Did 135 and 225 before movin' on to regular deads.

i moved to doing reg DL every other week, due to burn out.

i might throw these in between and see what happens.

Snatch grip DL off a plat with 25s on the bar? shit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back