Multiplatform My list of games better than Elden Ring. What's yours?

Games better than Elden Ring:

1. Castlevania
2. Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
3. Castlevania: Rondo of Blood
4. Super Street Fighter II Turbo
5. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
6. Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
7. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
8. Street Fighter Alpha 2
9. Tekken 5
10. Super Fire Pro Wrestling Special

It's certainly my favorite open world game - beating out Witcher III and BOTW, which were also great. The gameplay and discovery in Elden Ring is just next level. I think the perfect game would be Elden Ring but with story/npc elements of Witcher III and climbing ability in BOTW - perhaps have hidden caves that you need to climb to or something just to mix things up even more.

The Tekken franchise will always be my favorite in gaming overall though. Also really like the Yakuza games.

1. Castlevania
9. Tekken 5
Big castlevania fan huh

Elden Ring was definitely innovative in a lot of areas. It surely ranks high on the open world ATH tier list and It deserves all the praise it gets.

For me, Sekiro had the better boss fights and BB the more interesting world. GOW 2018 had a better narrative and imo better combat.

While I enjoy the methodical nature of the Souls combat style, I also enjoy feeling like a god.

1. Castlevania
9. Tekken 5
I appreciate you are the first person to make a list. You must really love Castlevania. I personally couldn't put old 2d games above Elden Ring. To each their own.

Can you make someone exclaim:"Jimminy Cocksucker!" in Elden Ring?

I can in RDR2.

Champ Man/Football Manager >>>>

Spreadsheet based management simulator beats all.
J6vs9u.gif

god knows how much time i put into 01/02. replayed it last year

2.5 hrs in.. nit really grabbing me, the coop link is a major ball ache, shit interface sucks ass.

Doom all versions
Half life
Worms
Forza all versions
Counter strike
Dayz
Golden eye n64
Hell let loose

Make no mistake: Hardcore gaming lives here in House of Dawg.

I loved my time with the game. It's incredibly complex when start to dig into the battle mechanics. I have a lot of friends from my fighting game community here in San Diego that all play it religiously.

2.5 hrs in.. nit really grabbing me, the coop link is a major ball ache, shit interface sucks ass.

Doom all versions
Half life
Worms
Forza all versions
Counter strike
Dayz
Golden eye n64
Hell let loose

I have never tried any coop because I would rather solo it.

The interface could use a little bit of adjusting. A recently acquired items tab would help. I still enjoy less hand holding though.

The sheer scope of Elden Ring blows classic games out of the water imo.

I have never tried any coop because I would rather solo it.

The interface could use a little bit of adjusting. A recently acquired items tab would help. I still enjoy less hand holding though.

The sheer scope of Elden Ring blows classic games out of the water imo.

Having a better UI is not hand holding though.. it just gives a better experience.

The coop mode is dog shit, and this kills it for me.. want to roam and explore with friends..

1. Castlevania
9. Tekken 5
I just picked up the Castlevania advance collection for Switch. I'm playing Aria of sorrow for the first time, freaking love it. I have Dawn of Sorrow on my DS that I never played, as I wanted to play Aria first. I never owned a GBA, and Aria was stupid expensive. I didnt want to emulate it, as I prefer Castlevania on mobile, so now I have my wish.

I'm just about done and it's the first CV game I loved as much as SOTN.

As for OP, I love ER, but I can't see myself replaying it like BB and other Souls games. I'm looking forward to all the conversion mods though and whatever DLC From comes out with

I still rank BB and DS1 ahead of it, including og FF7. However, we're splitting hairs here, ER and the aformentioned are all such masterpieces, along with games like Wiitcher 3, MGS1, TLOU and RE4 (new.to my list thanks.to HD mod)

Having a better UI is not hand holding though.. it just gives a better experience.

The coop mode is dog shit, and this kills it for me.. want to roam and explore with friends..
I think there is a line you can cross where the UI gives too much help and information. I would like to see Elden Rings improve without crossing that line.

Dunno haven't played Elden Ring so I can't compare. There happy OP?

Back