* My Interview with Guy Mezger on McGregor/Diaz *

Unfortunately, some of the stuff he says reveals he doesn't really know what he's talking about.

"Diaz isn't the greatest jiu jitsu guy, but he makes it work in the octagon because he's a great fighter." Wut? He's an elite BJJ guy.

"Diaz rarely ever loses..." his record is 19-10. He's 3-3 in his last 6 fights.

And I only watched two minutes.

I wouldn't call Nate's BJJ elite. Elite is Maia and Jacare level BJJ. I that's what Mezger meant. No doubt his BJJ is extremely good though, so not sure why he kinda downplayed it.

Last edited:
Nice! Thanks for sharing.

0RY5Cck.jpg
Is that Nate? If so, lol at him pullin the puffed out chest, tough guy look while the Iceman and the Hammer look carefree.

thank you TS!

guy's right arm look much bigger than the left one.

Dirty jokes are coming

Thanks for posting the video. Not a bad interview at all with the old school.

Awesome interview, great job!

Watched the whole thing, interesting to hear Guy Mezger's take, and good to see he's still involved with MMA and still paying attention to the sport.

Between this and the street video you are doing a pretty great job TS! Keep up the good work!

I was visiting Dallas and decided to stop by Guy Mezger's gym and see if I could get his thoughts on the fight. He gave me a full interview and we ended up talking for over half an hour.

Here's his thoughts on the fight. Hope you guys enjoy!

It's pretty long, so you may want to listen to as a podcast if you prefer.

Good stuff. And no, it wasn't too long. I'd be interested in watching the remaining 20 min.

"Sexy Beast #1, Guy Metzger!" I love when Michael Schiavello says that shit.

Just woke up. Thanks to everyone who watched and replied!

I was thinking maybe for my next video I'd go out to the local mma and jiu jitsu gyms and get quick opinions from lots of people who train. Also see if someone will let me roll with them on camera. Add that extra humiliation factor to the video lol.

Nate is just behind Royce Gracie in submissions!

I was visiting Dallas and decided to stop by Guy Mezger's gym and see if I could get his thoughts on the fight. He gave me a full interview and we ended up talking for over half an hour.

Here's his thoughts on the fight. Hope you guys enjoy!

It's pretty long, so you may want to listen to as a podcast if you prefer.

Watched the first 2 mins and can't stand YouTube, what's your podcast too lazy to read thread if already posted, thanks!

Awesome. Go back there and ask Guy to make a Sherdog account if he doesn't already have one (probably does, though; lots of old school guys do).

Also, someone needs to add Guy to the "best hairlines in MMA" thread. Got dat salt & pepper and an incredible hairline for a nearly 50 y.o. man. Mirin.

Watched the first 2 mins and can't stand YouTube, what's your podcast too lazy to read thread if already posted, thanks!
Hey I apologize, I just meant not watching the video, just having it playing in the background kind of like a podcast.

Back