My Healthy diet plan. Gained 5 lbs in two weeks

Now that you do the math I see that I most likely made a fool of myself but reading through all that food made me think it was a lot; it's definitely a lot more than I eat and I can't seem to get rid of my belly. Maybe I should re-evaluate my own diet and habits before I look to comment on those of others.

No problem there is nothing foolish about learning. There is a reason that we all said there are no real calorie dense foods on that list.

Compare 6 oz of 80/20 ground beef (~500 cal) to 6 oz of chicken breast (~180 cal)

Most nuts are relatively calorie dense too. Adding olive oil to salads and cooking with butter and coconut oil is another good option to clean up the diet and also get some extra calories.

Now that you do the math I see that I most likely made a fool of myself but reading through all that food made me think it was a lot; it's definitely a lot more than I eat and I can't seem to get rid of my belly. Maybe I should re-evaluate my own diet and habits before I look to comment on those of others.

no! now i feel stupid!!! I was completely wrong with my calculations. Theres no way im eating enough turkey to count as that many calories. I was off. I need to add something to this diet? another protein shake?

no! now i feel stupid!!! I was completely wrong with my calculations. Theres no way im eating enough turkey to count as that many calories. I was off. I need to add something to this diet? another protein shake?

I would definitely add more food rather than more supplements.

Start searching here for some bulking threads and see what types of calorie dense foods are recommended to others to bulk. I would start drinking whole milk a couple of times a day for some easy calories if you like milk. Also eat more beef and fattier meats (fat is actually good for you). Instead of chicken breast, start eating chicken thighs, etc.

another protein shake?
Fat. You need at least 20% and better around 30% of your calories from (healthy) fat. I think this diet puts you closer to 10%. I didn't do the macro math but it looks like the most significant source of fat is the yoghurt :icon_surp.

Drink milk instead of protein, fry those chickens and eggs in healthy oils and eat beef, fish, add nuts for snacks avocados to the salad.

I would definitely add more food rather than more supplements.

Start searching here for some bulking threads and see what types of calorie dense foods are recommended to others to bulk. I would start drinking whole milk a couple of times a day for some easy calories if you like milk. Also eat more beef and fattier meats (fat is actually good for you). Instead of chicken breast, start eating chicken thighs, etc.

This is good advice. TS, we have a thread in here about bulking on a budget. Myself and a ton of other regulars posted a large selection of bulking food. Feel free to read it and ask questions.

Fat. You need at least 20% and better around 30% of your calories from (healthy) fat. I think this diet puts you closer to 10%. I didn't do the macro math but it looks like the most significant source of fat is the yoghurt :icon_surp.

Drink milk instead of protein, fry those chickens and eggs in healthy oils and eat beef, fish, add nuts for snacks avocados to the salad.

Okay im gonna start eating raw almonds as snacks and maybe drinking more whole milk. I do have coconut oil I can cook with as well. Appreciate the advice

Okay im gonna start eating raw almonds as snacks and maybe drinking more whole milk. I do have coconut oil I can cook with as well. Appreciate the advice

If you've got a Sprouts, get your raw almonds there. You can fill up a bag as much as you want and the prices are really good.

Back