My Healthy diet plan. Gained 5 lbs in two weeks

FedorandBjpenn

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I recently switched from my diet of eating junk food and literally anything I want at random times through out the day to a healthy balanced diet. I am 6'2 160 lbs so I want to gain about 15 lbs. Here's what i've been doing for the past 2 weeks

Breakfast 7 am

Half Cup of Brown Rice
3 Eggs (anyway you like them)
Handful of Blueberries
Half a sliced a bannana

I always feel great after breakfast

Lunch 12:30 pm

A bunch of turkey slices (fresh carved turkey not lunch meet) around ten slices
2 whole Carrots, Baby Spinach Leaves

you can make it into turkey sandwich on whole grain bread if you like!

Snack 3 pm
Plain Yogurt with Raw Almonds

Dinner 5:30 or 6 pm

Big Broiled or Grilled Chicken Breast (sometimes 2 breasts)
Whole grain dinner roll
broccoli and carrots

Then i take a protein shake at 8 pm
(optimum nutrition vanilla)

This diet has made me feel so energetic lately. I like that Im gaining weight slowly too. I also drink homemade smoothies sometimes, or naked green drinks!

just thought Id share.

Last edited:
I find it incredible that you are gaining weight on that amount of food.

But I'm glad you feel better and that its working. If your progress stops, start adding some fattier meats to your diet and just up the quantity of your food.

It could be mostly water weight. He doesn't say how much water he was drinking before as opposed to now.

It could be mostly water weight. He doesn't say how much water he was drinking before as opposed to now.

Ive always drank alot of water. I think my body is just absorbing everything better. Its allowing me to have better lifting sessions. My lunch is huge. Im talking about ten big pieces of carved turkey, with veggies. I probably consume around 2500-3000 calories a day now

Last edited:
I am 6'2 160 lbs

Half Cup of Brown Rice
3 Eggs (anyway you like them)
A bunch of turkey slices (fresh carved turkey not lunch meet)
Plain Yogurt with Raw Almonds
Big Broiled or Grilled Chicken Breast
Whole grain dinner roll
Then i take a protein shake at 8 pm
(optimum nutrition vanilla)

What's so incredible? Even if he only ate what I mentioned he would be fine. The guy is pretty skinny as it is, maybe you missed that he was 6'2" 160 lbs? Honestly, that's a lot of food and it looks like a great, delicious diet.

Do you mind me asking what kind of exercises you do along with this diet? I'm about 5'9" or so but weigh right around 130-140 lbs. (Sorry I haven't checked too recently) And I'd like to put on some weight.

Do you mind me asking what kind of exercises you do along with this diet? I'm about 5'9" or so but weigh right around 130-140 lbs. (Sorry I haven't checked too recently) And I'd like to put on some weight.

I dont have a specific routine. I wake every day and do about 100 pushups, 200 situps, a bunch of arm curls with 30 lb dumbells.

3 days a week I workout at home

Im not that strong yet
So I bench in sets of 135, 150 and 175 and usually reps of ten to twelve
Tricep dips, barbell curls (around 90 and 100 lbs in sets of 8 to 12)

I do leg presses, Squats, calf raises on leg days

and I hit the punching bag everyday for about 30 minutes

What's so incredible? Even if he only ate what I mentioned he would be fine. The guy is pretty skinny as it is, maybe you missed that he was 6'2" 160 lbs? Honestly, that's a lot of food and it looks like a great, delicious diet.

Because he's only eating ~1800 calories per day at most. His food choices are fine, but it's just not that much food. I'm 165lbs, and my resting metabolism on days when I don't leave the couch except to piss is still 2150. This goes up to 2700 when I lift, and 3000 on days when I do BJJ and MT.

Because he's only eating ~1800 calories per day at most. His food choices are fine, but it's just not that much food. I'm 165lbs, and my resting metabolism on days when I don't leave the couch except to piss is still 2150. This goes up to 2700 when I lift, and 3000 on days when I do BJJ and MT.

the diet i posted is around 2500-2800 calories depending on portion size

Breakfast 500 calories

lunch-800

snack-200

dinner- 800

protein shake 200

Breakfast 500 calories

lunch-800

snack-200

dinner- 800

protein shake 200

I have never seen someone eat enough turkey slices and carrots to get 800 calories worth. Do you buy an entire turkey every day? :p

Same goes for your dinner.

I dont have a specific routine. I wake every day and do about 100 pushups, 200 situps, a bunch of arm curls with 30 lb dumbells.

3 days a week I workout at home

Im not that strong yet
So I bench in sets of 135, 150 and 175 and usually reps of ten to twelve
Tricep dips, barbell curls (around 90 and 100 lbs in sets of 8 to 12)

I do leg presses, Squats, calf raises on leg days

and I hit the punching bag everyday for about 30 minutes

If I could just make a couple of suggestions that might improve your workout without adding any extra time, I would recommend doing dead lifts instead of leg presses and pullups or rows instead of barbell curls. You don't seem to have a lot in the way of back strengthening exercises.

no way. rice, eggs, turkey, chicken, protein shake in decent portions are loaded with calories.

maybe if he had said apples, seaweed, ice cubes, etc. I could see what you're saying but he is eating a lot of high-calorie foods.

no way. rice, eggs, turkey, chicken, protein shake in decent portions are loaded with calories.

maybe if he had said apples, seaweed, ice cubes, etc. I could see what you're saying but he is eating a lot of high-calorie foods.

No, actually he's not.

Obviously portions make a difference but the foods he listed are not calorie dense in the slightest.

I don't know if you've ever done or seen a bulking diet, but what he is doing is much closer to a cutting diet. Hell, I eat more than that when I cut (granted I'm a lot bigger than he is).

My point isn't to criticize. My point is that if he really wants to gain weight he should add some more calorically dense foods, and especially foods with more fat content than what he is currently eating.

How bout adding some whole milk, ground beef, steak, dark chicken meat (with skin), etc to the diet.

I mean he is on a bulking diet and he only eats HALF a banana! Who eats just half a banana?

Half Cup of Brown Rice - 220
3 Eggs (Fried for extra cal) - 270
Handful of Blueberries - 30
Half a sliced a bannana - 75
A bunch of turkey slices (fresh carved turkey not lunch meet) around ten slices - 250 - 400
2 whole Carrots - 70
Baby Spinach Leaves - lol

Snack 3 pm
Plain Yogurt - 150
Raw Almonds - 50

Big Broiled or Grilled Chicken Breast (sometimes 2 breasts) - 250 - 500
Whole grain dinner roll - 90
broccoli and carrots - Lets be generous and put 100

(optimum nutrition vanilla) - I'll give you 1.5 scoops in water, 200

So - that is around 2000 calories, and thats being generous with portion sizes. So to sum up - you will NOT be gaining much weight with this diet. If you want to gain weight add some REAL calories dense foods to your diet.

I mean he is on a bulking diet and he only eats HALF a banana! Who eats just half a banana?

I did laugh when I saw the half a banana. I assumed that he has a girlfriend and they split a banana in the morning, but I would like to know the story behind that.

Breakfast 500 calories

lunch-800

snack-200

dinner- 800

protein shake 200

One more suggestion, and I don't know your budget or what kind of shake you are drinking, but you may be better off just drinking good old milk as opposed to the shake. 240 calories of skim milk is going to provide you with 24 grams of protein and would be much cheaper, or you could go up to 1% or 2% or even whole milk to help with the bulking.

I too was skeptical about the OP, but couldn't be arsed to do the math.

anaconda did it for me.

the portion sizes would have to be really very large for this to be topping 3,000 calories

Swallow that banana whole, do ya? :icon_lol:

Half Cup of Brown Rice - 220
3 Eggs (Fried for extra cal) - 270
Handful of Blueberries - 30
Half a sliced a bannana - 75
A bunch of turkey slices (fresh carved turkey not lunch meet) around ten slices - 250 - 400
2 whole Carrots - 70
Baby Spinach Leaves - lol

Snack 3 pm
Plain Yogurt - 150
Raw Almonds - 50

Big Broiled or Grilled Chicken Breast (sometimes 2 breasts) - 250 - 500
Whole grain dinner roll - 90
broccoli and carrots - Lets be generous and put 100

(optimum nutrition vanilla) - I'll give you 1.5 scoops in water, 200

So - that is around 2000 calories, and thats being generous with portion sizes. So to sum up - you will NOT be gaining much weight with this diet. If you want to gain weight add some REAL calories dense foods to your diet.

Now that you do the math I see that I most likely made a fool of myself but reading through all that food made me think it was a lot; it's definitely a lot more than I eat and I can't seem to get rid of my belly. Maybe I should re-evaluate my own diet and habits before I look to comment on those of others.

Back