My grandfather used the word schmozzle the other day.

I went to my girlfriend’s (now-ex) family gathering for one Christmas where her Pacific War vet grandpa was going to be. Before he arrived, people warned me that he might say some racist shit about Asians, which I totally understood because he probably went through hell fighting the Japs.

When he arrived, he greeted me with a big smile, shook my hand and said, “It’s nice to see you again!”

But dude was so old that he didn’t realize we never met before, much less that I was Asian.

That old man was cunning as fuck. He made his racist remark and you never caught it. He said “It’s nice to see you again!” implying that all the Asians look alike so he is mistaking you for some other Asian he's met before.

That old man was cunning as fuck. He made his racist remark and you never caught it. He said “It’s nice to see you again!” implying that all the Asians look alike so he is mistaking you for some other Asian he's met before.

This. That grandpa was a smooth operator.

Mind fucking blown

Well, it's not a real word. Sounds like he's senile, you should probably think about getting him put down...

Or at least touch him with a jab and make sure he's still with it.

I presume you'll be referring to the flu jab, then...

Shemozzle. Shemozzle (also known as Schmozzle) is an Australian slang word with Yiddish and Hebrew origins. It means chaos or confusion, and is likely to have originated from the word Schlemazel, or a person prone to bad luck.

Is that where Schmozz, which I have heard used to describe brawls and the like, came from?

Clippy = Jewish?
tumblr_mefpunQsje1rmpdvlo1_r1_250.gif

Back