My friend is going conspirocrazy

I don't beleieve we went on the moon anymore...
If they didn't, Russia would have been calling them hoaxers for the longest time in the loudest voice.
Instead Russia's attitude was 'we weren't in competition...we weren't trying to go there'. Until recently when the Russians begrudgingly admitted the US did in fact make it to the moon.

I'll admit that there are holes in it and I understand people's suspicions, like how Russia was winning most aspects of the space race convincingly...then the US leapfrogged them for the big cheese, but it would appear to be legit.

At least that's how I see it.

So my good friend was always a guy who never paid much attention to world events or politics. I like to talk about things like that, and slowly over the years he has become more interested and we talk about things. He is a conspiracy theorist, and I would consider myself one to a degree.

However his conspiracy theories have recently become more and more absurd.

Yesterday we got in a big argument because I didn't agree with something he said.

He said when Trump got assassinated, the secret service was in on it, and his reasoning was that the women agent who stood in front of Trump when he raised his fist was too short, and that they would never allow someone that short to guard Trump. He says Trump wasn't really shot, that he pulled out a blood packet and put it on his ear, and that it was a political stunt.

I tried to explain how implausible that is. How so many people would have to be in on it, like the shooter, secret service etc. I mentioned people died and that would male Trump completely evil if that was actually true.

I could not convince him he was wrong. He started calling me crazy cause I didn't believe him. You ever have friends like this?

I work with a guy like this, it's painful to talk to the dude, he's cooked, fully down the Qanon rabbit hole.

Yeah. He got diagnosed with schizophrenia after his wife died and kids were taken into care. Got better tho.

This happened to my friend as well…but his conspiracy enthusiasm didn’t start until he started taking weed.

One of the craziest ones he told me is thinking that the whole world is flat...AND all of it is under a dome that stops in Antarctica. In this same dome, all the stars are fake and its painted on there by whomever put us in this flat dome.

Asked him how can we fly from LA to Tokyo over the Pacific Ocean but can also do it from London to Tokyo without passing through the Pacific Ocean…and apparently this magic dome we’re in is making it possible.

That was the wackiest one he told me…after saying stuff like this to a bunch of us randomly, he was wondering why a lot of us stopped talking to him or hangout out with him. Because before this, we used to go his place every Friday/Saturday to play Super Smash Bros tournament style. But then he started taking weed and that’s when all his conspiracy theories started coming out as he was reading them online and believing each and everyone of them. We just grew tired of hearing it all.
I had a friend like this. I think these kind of people are schizophrenics because it's insane the kind of logical leaps they make. You'd have to be insane to believe that a magical dome controls everything but somehow gravity is a hoax. I'm not friends anymore with my former nutjob friend because I couldn't handle it anymore. He officially announced that he broke off his friendship with me a year after I decided to stop talking to him because I was a cheater and liar (because I had cheated on an ex years before any of this) but then his girlfriend ended up leaving him because he cheated lol.

If they didn't, Russia would have been calling them hoaxers for the longest time in the loudest voice.
Instead Russia's attitude was 'we weren't in competition...we weren't trying to go there'. Until recently when the Russians begrudgingly admitted the US did in fact make it to the moon.

I'll admit that there are holes in it and I understand people's suspicions, like how Russia was winning most aspects of the space race convincingly...then the US leapfrogged them for the big cheese, but it would appear to be legit.

At least that's how I see it.
Nah bro. It's the illuminati that's controlling both the US and the USSR. Why do you think there's "US" in both names?

I’ve ran into a couple people that said the same thing, that trump faked the attempt for clout. Leftists are insane.

I don't think it was a conspiracy but it was definitley incredibly sloppy work by local PD and secret service. Whether they were "in" on it, I don't believe so. Maybe they just didn't put in full effort.

I’ve ran into a couple people that said the same thing, that trump faked the attempt for clout. Leftists are insane.
I was at a party with people that said the same thing, that they paid someone to just clip him, to make it look serious... My response was: Would you trust the greatest sniper in the world to just barely just hit your ear from over 100 yards away... where one slight miscalculation means your brains get splattered across the stage? OK, now how about trusting some random 21 year old skinny dork who didn't even have a sniper rifle?

Also, taking into account that Trump was moving around constantly and just turned his head a couple of seconds before as well... yet they could not be convinced otherwise... thank god for her that she was hot, as brains are clearly not her forte.

He said when Trump got assassinated
If Trump was assassinated, how has he been doing interviews?

I’ll tell you how. They made a robot Trump. They is liberals. Then they had the real Trump killed, made it look like a near miss using CGI, and a bunch of practical effects for the people who were actually there. Then they replaced him with this lackluster, dumber Trump so that the democrats would win the election.

If Trump was assassinated, how has he been doing interviews?

I’ll tell you how. They made a robot Trump. They is liberals. Then they had the real Trump killed, made it look like a near miss using CGI, and a bunch of practical effects for the people who were actually there. Then they replaced him with this lackluster, dumber Trump so that the democrats would win the election.
Liberal

9119mw.jpg

Conspiracy theorist is a derogatory term.
I think you'll find that the huge majority of people who are described as this usually know a hell of a lot about those particular subjects.
It's like when people criticize others who are 'anti' this or that. The criticizers usually know bugger-all about the subject, they simply get their views from tv or social media. Whereas the people who are 'anti,' usually have done dozens, if not hundreds of hours of study into the subject.

A conspiracy theorist should wear that description as a badge of honour, it simply means they are thinkers. It usually means they don't accept the Truman Show that we are all born into, the false reality of how the world is presented to us all.

What a load of bollocks!!!

I think you'll find that the huge majority of people who are described as this usually know a hell of a lot about those particular subjects.
It's like when people criticize others who are 'anti' this or that. The criticizers usually know bugger-all about the subject, they simply get their views from tv or social media. Whereas the people who are 'anti,' usually have done dozens, if not hundreds of hours of study into the subject.

A conspiracy theorist should wear that description as a badge of honour, it simply means they are thinkers. It usually means they don't accept the Truman Show that we are all born into, the false reality of how the world is presented to us all.

Did the term become a thing in like the 80s?

People managed to talk without using it before that.

I know someone with a masters in psychology, and he also believes the earth is flat

You can express doubt with the current narrative without sounding insane though, I think that's the distinction, that conspiracy theorists have poor reasoning skills.

Otherwise they would be convincing.

For example, you can say that you fear Truman was right with his warning about the tail wagging the dog, the military industrial complex having too much influence over politics. And you'd be reasonable. That is however a conspiracy theory, just a well evidenced and reasonable one.

You can express doubt with the current narrative without sounding insane though, I think that's the distinction, that conspiracy theorists have poor reasoning skills.

Otherwise they would be convincing.

For example, you can say that you fear Truman was right with his warning about the tail wagging the dog, the military industrial complex having too much influence over politics. And you'd be reasonable. That is however a conspiracy theory, just a well evidenced and reasonable one.
Based on what?

People labelled conspiracy theorists. They are convincing, look at trust in every institution.

Back