• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My entire town is burning down.

This type of thing happens every year, it seems.

As nice as it may have been, I'd consider the possibility of wildfires to be a deterrent.

I don't mean to be an arsehole. All the best for you, friend.

Damn, sorry to hear that bud. Glad you and your family are safe.

i don't understand the logic of people that stay during mandatory evacuations..

hopefully you gtfo and stay safe..

should have burned ur house down before it got torched with the rest. fight fire with fire!

I hope my house survives, but the whole town is going up it seems. My whole life is in that home. At least my family and dogs are safe.

I don't know what to do. Fucking NorCal.

50,000 were evacuated. But the roads were so clogged people abandoned their cars and ran. I pray for as little death as possible.
You in Paradise? My grandparents and brother both lost their homes

My little bro is working the paradise fire. Working 24 hour shifts, 1 on 1 off. Doing structure defense.

They have dudes from the fire department sleeping on cots in sleeping bags or bunked up 3 deep in trailers.

Shits crazy.

Holy shit, I lived in Paradise for a couple of years, I haven't talked to my old friends for a long time but this is kind of a mind blower.

Last edited:
This type of thing happens every year, it seems.

As nice as it may have been, I'd consider the possibility of wildfires to be a deterrent.

I don't mean to be an arsehole. All the best for you, friend.

It is rare for an entire town of 27,000 to be totally incinerated. The whole town is just gone.

My insurance policy is 10years old. Oh fuck. I never updated it. SMH. I did so many improvements.

Going to lose a lot. <27>

Idk if this is appropriate but... there are skeletons left in the seats of burned out cars in this video... this is very NSFW. And devastating. Wow

Idk if this is appropriate but... there are skeletons left in the seats of burned out cars in this video... this is very NSFW. And devastating. Wow

You don't want to be stuck in traffic in a forest fire. Absolutely horrendous way to go. RIP.

Jesus Christ. You guys have your homes burn down often over there? You all seem so nonchalant about it.

Aren't there areas where homeowners insurance doesn't cover wildfires? I thought I saw interviews where peoples homes burned and insurance didn't cover it.

This all varies but if you live in a high risk area then usually you need to pay for additional insurance. These policies are written by an army of lawyers to protect them for many scenarios and on top of this the amount of claims coming in is basically a nightmare situation if you need the money. Insurance company is not going to happily start cutting $500k checks for tens of thousands of people.

Anytime a rent vs buy thread pops I roll my eyes when people say renting is throwing your money away and buying is a no brainer. At the end of the day there are unknown risks for everything and if you sink most of your net worth into one thing then that has some form of real risk. I know plenty of people who have gotten financially ruined because insurance didn't cover something and they sunk their entire savings into their home. This shit happens all the time but people tend to ignore it.

Feel you bro. I’m in Chico and had to evacuate but that has since been lifted. Scary stuff. RIP Paradise CA

lol @ being shook like this
who is shook? me? i am not shook at all. losers who center their lives around smoking pot don't deserve attention, sympathy, or anything else that comes with being "shook." be cool with all your fellow pot heads.

who is shook? me? i am not shook at all. losers who center their lives around smoking pot don't deserve attention, sympathy, or anything else that comes with being "shook." be cool with all your fellow pot heads.

Sounds like you were touched in a bad place by marijuana

Because you are definitely "shook"

good buddy of mine just confirmed his crib in Malibu is ashes

Back